Getting To Know More Of You

Cure For Summertime Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ra Nae’s POV

It was him! He was really captain Choi Seung Hyun. The only one that made me get rid of my sadness that was threatening my life back then. He was…our fatto?!

“What are you doing?”I softly asked as I followed him inside.

He remained silent and continued to throw his things inside the bags.

“I asked what are you doing?”I caught his wrist and forced him to look at me.

“Can’t you see? I’m leaving,”he pushed my hand away and continued what he was doing.

“B-but…but you can’t go like this!”

“And why, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Because…because you still haven’t paid back grandpa! You can’t go!”

He chuckled. Why was his expression so bitter? “Don’t worry! I’ll send the money once I get home.”

I remained speechless in front of him. He was going to leave and I couldn’t do anything to stop him.

“Fine. Do whatever you like. It’s not like I’m gonna miss you or anything,”I puffed and left his room and entered mine. There I began moving back and forth. I looked at my old wallpaper. Was he really the one that was smiling so beautifully on that piece of paper? If so, why was he so crushed inside? What made him transform in that fat man, with no appeal?

“His wife died,”I mumbled, remembering his angry words from earlier. And so what? She died. Ok, their child died with her too. So what? People die everyday, don’t they? That’s what I would like to tell him, but I stopped myself and looked at my own hand. At least he was crying after a person. I…I was crying after a piece of flesh that has been ripped from me.

~*~

We all ate in silence. Grandpa, Hyun Seung and me. Fatto…no, captain left the house right after he packed his things. No goodbye, no smile, no nothing. He just disappeared inside the taxi that was waiting for him.

“Is there something wrong with the food, Ra Nae?”asked grandpa as I placed my spoon on the table.

“Now I don’t understand! How on Earth did he manage to look like that?! What has he been doing all this time?!”I frowned at the food in front of me.

“Now now, Ra Nae, let’s not judge people by appearances, ok?”grandpa smiled. “Seung Hyun has his past like you have yours and like I have mine.”

“Seung Hyun? Don’t tell me! You knew about this from the very beginning?”I looked at him.

“Of course I knew! Did you think that I bring just anyone in the house? What kind of man do you think I am, Kim Ra Nae? Plus, you should have recognized him from the very start. Hyun Seung here did it.”

I turned towards Hyun Seung and his food remained in the air. “You too?!”

He nodded and turned to his food again. I sighed. “Great…Just wonderful!”

~*~

Days came and passed and eventually everything turned back to normal. Hyun Seung was always there next to me. He made my hear beat faster and faster each time his fingers touched me. It had to be the right guy for me. Right? So I decided that I would confess to him.

I waited for the right time and right place. And that moonless night was perfect. We were outside, looking at the starry sky.

“Hyun Seung….”

“Hmmm?”

“Are you sleeping?”

“No,”his smile could be sensed in his tone. “Why?”

“I’ve got a question for you…”

“Shoot!”

“Hypothetically speaking. Just hypothetical! What would you do if I’d tell you that I like you?”I almost whispered the last words.

Silence. That was not good. I could practically feel my sweat drip off my forehead. C’mon! Yes? No? Happy? Sad?

“Hypothetically speaking, I would tell you that I’m very happy to hear that…”

I could practically see pink stars in front of my eyes!

“…but, I would have to reject you.”

W-WHAT?!

“W-why?”I tried to control my shaky voice.

“Because…hmmm…how should I put this to you? I’m already married.”

Now that was quite a bomb! I took a deep breath and looked at the sky till my blurry vision became normal again. Then I smiled. Curious thing, my heart was not hurting…too bad anyway.

“I understand. I’m happy for y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter