Second Prologue ~~ She, Her, Hers

Cure For Summertime Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life . Most of the time and for most of the normal people.

There is no such thing like perfect romance, perfect meeting or destined lovers. That's only bull, if you'd excuse my dirty language! Poor people don't have something like that to dream about. There's no McDreamy or McSteamy or Sleeping Beauty waiting for them outside their poverty. They dream of warm clothes in the winter and cold water in the summer. They get to read most of the books that they can get their hands on, but most of them don't finish high shool because of their poor family that just can't handle the expenses of them going to school. And where do they end up? Working the field or selling vegetables...Don't get me wrong! There's nothing wrong about doing something like that! Not at all! But you see, life's treats you bad when there's no silver spoon in your mouth...

The beginning of HER story? Well, let's just say it was all because of an accident. A huge and painful accident...

***

"What's up, pauper?"laughed some students as 20-years-old Kim Ra Nae made her way on high school's hallway.

"Repeater!"someone threw a crumpled paper in her head.

She just sighed and walked away. Mornings were always bad for Kim Ra Nae. Always. She liked living in school's dorm, but she could not afford paying the taxes so they kicked her out. Now she was living in a storage closet with no heat or water. Food? Only what she could buy, that being some old crackers and biscuits, not forgetting about the expired milk that the nice lady from the convience store sold to her almost on nothing. No, mornings were not the best for her.

"What now, miss Kim?"asked the teacher, annoyed by the raised hand of the girl.

"Can I use the bathroom, please?"

The classmates began laughing which made the teacher frown. They remained silent. "Go!"

She ran outside the classroom. It was that hour of the day when she was using the restroom. Why? Because not having water to use for brushing your teeth or washing your body...well, you can figure out on yourself what she was doing there during classes.

***

Her head hurt. She had a terrible head ache and decided to take a stroll in the nearby park. That would help her forget about her pain and smile a bit. There was always this old man sitting on a bench, feeding the birds and greeting her with a kind smile, asking her about school and other random stuff. She liked that old grandpa. He was...warm.

She snapped back to reality when a sport car stopped right next to her foot.

"WHAT ARE YOU DREAMING ABOUT, PAUPER?! MOVE YOUR ALREADY!"yelled the driver at her.

She ran to the sidewalk. That damn red light! Always turning red when she was day-dreaming!

"Hello there, Ra Nae,"smiled the old grandpa as he saw her walking towards him.

She smiled back. "Hello,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter