Of Truths

Cure For Summertime Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ra Nae’s POV

“Ra Nae, why is your hand having a failure?”asked the doctor that had put that hand on me. “Are you not happy with it? Are you really trying to die here?”

“What are you saying there doctor? If I wanted to die, I would have killed myself before I end up on a hospital bed,”I answered as I pulled off the blanket and looked at my metal hand. “But the truth is that I’m a lil’ tired of all of this. I dream of having a normal had even though it’s no longer possible. It bugs me…this hand,”I frowned.

“Ra Nae, you have been poisoned by your own hand because your own mind rejects the robotic metabolism,”spoke the doctor in his usual, calm manner. “everything starts from inside here,”he continued while placing his index finger next to his temple. “If you are unconsciously, refusing to have this hand attached to your body, then everything will be done as you wish; your body will continue to reject the hand and you will continue to be poisoned to such an extreme that we will not be able to save you. And you’ll die…”

“Doctor, this was bound to happen sooner of later and you know it just like I do,”I smiled. “I’m just an experiment. Nothing was safe from the very beginning. And you can’t blame me for that, doctor! No one promised me that I will live after I agree with having this attached to my body. You yourself told me that it’s risky. So don’t blame me.”

He just nodded. He knew that what I was saying was the truth and nothing else. I accepted to an experiment, but I never expected to be so difficult to cope with the robotic tissue. I fell in depression before I even knew it. And no matter what I did, nothing could pull me out. Not even learning the truth…

“I will let your friends to enter one by one,”the doctor walked over to the door.

“Please tell Hyun Seung to enter first,”I demanded.

“Ok!”

I leaned against the huge pillow and looked outside. The sun was drying the pools of water that the heavy rain left behind on the asphalt.

“Ra Nae…”

I looked at the newcomer. His eyes were red from tiredness and from crying. “Yah, Pororo…I’m not dead, you know?”I smiled softly as I signaled him to approach my bed. “Why did you cry for? You dummy,”I caressed his hair as he sat on the chair next to my bed.

“Please don’t die,”he pleased like a lil’ kid.

“Who was the idiot that told you I’m dying? I’ll hunt him down!”I tried to joke. “Now now, why are you crying, Pororo?”

“B-because I…I have so many things to say to you and I…I feel that I’m running out of time here,”he sobbed, hiding his face in my blanket.

I looked up at the ceiling, trying to drive away the tears that were threatening to run down my cheeks. “You can say them to me right now. I’m not going anywhere,”I whispered so that he wouldn’t hear my shaking voice.

He looked at me. “I don’t want to! If I tell you…what will I do once you’re gone?”

“You’re such a big baby!”I leaned forward so that I could hug him.

“I don’t want to lose my baby sister!”he sobbed while hugging me tight. “So please don’t go anywhere where I can’t reach you…”

I patted his back, waiting for him to calm down. So he finally said it, huh?

“Ra Nae…”

He was calm now. And he realized what he said before.

“I know,”I pulled back and closed my eyes for a second.

“B-but...how?”

“Please! I’m not stupid, you know? And plus, we obviously look alike,”I stared at him. “I’m a liar,”I sighed. “I told everyone that I never wished to know who my real parents ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter