Run

Cure For Summertime Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ra Nae’s POV

I looked at him shocked by his simple response. But then, well I just snapped back to my normal self. “You don’t say,”my smile just spread on my face. “You must be really lonely without that photo,”I continued as I opened the nightstand’s drawer and picked up the photo. “Here!”I tossed it to him. “You can keep it! Just don’t lie to me like that.”

He looked at the photo that fell on the blanket. Someone inside of me was praying so that he would leave it there. But guess what? It never happened! As I knew it will be, he picked it up and looked at it attentively.

“Is this…really her?”he mumbled.

I sighed and looked at the window. “You know that I won’t tell you anything about it till the very end of the contract. Why do you keep pushing it?”

He approached the nightstand and put the photo on it, face down. “You can have it. My wife was never like that,”his words resonated inside of me, hitting my heart like the crashing waves of the ocean. “So, why did you collapse back there?”

I turned towards him. His eyes were truthful. Could he handle my secret? Could I handle knowing that someone else apart me and grandpa Han would know about it? Could I trust him?

“I think I overdid it a little,”I finally replied. No, it was not the time not the place to make such a confession. It could wait…a little longer at least.

“I sorry.”

“Yah, fatto! You’re apologizing awfully often lately,”I smirked. “Did you got struck by lightning while I was away or what?”

He shook his head while he took a sit on the chair next to my bed. “Really now, Ra Nae! I think it’s partly my fault. I’m sorry for being such a clutz…”

“Ehhhhh?! This is not like you, fatto! Speaking words like those you used earlier…you must have missed me terribly,”I tried to joke in order to hide my shock away. He said my real name after all and not that silly nickname he gave me! “So tell me, what have you been doing this time I was away? I bet you ate everything from the fridge!”

He stuck out his tongue, looking like a silly high schooler for a moment. “”No, I did not do such a thing! I tried my best to stick to the program you made for me. I ate the veggie stew, I jogged, I did the errands for grandpa Han, I washed all the clothes that were in the bathroom and I…I really did my best to keep it up with your demands!”

I laughed at his statement. “Really? Then it’s all good. I was afraid that I was going to meet with a fatter fatto,”I yawned.

“Ra Nae?”

The sleeping pills were making me lose contact with reality more often now. “Hmmmm?”I asked, keeping my eyes closed.

“Thank you,”I heard him saying through the fog of my sleepy head.

Later. He was going to be trustworthy later…Later.

 

Grandpa Han’s POV

“So, I see everyone gathered here again. I hope you do ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter