Meeting...

Cure For Summertime Blues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ra Nae's POV

"This damn...AISH! I CAN'T! I'M GIVIN' UP!"I yelled, throwing the shifting spanner on the floor. "I swear to you that if you don't move, I'll..."

A knock at the door stopped my cursing. "WHAT?!"

"Ra Nae,"grandpa opened the door and chuckled at my frustration. "Need help?"

I looked at him and then at my hand. That stupid hand! "No, grandpa. I'm done for today,"I managed to put on a smile as I walked towards him. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Let's go cook dinner, shall we?"I linked arm with him.

I sighed as he brought in the vegetables that we grew in the small garden behind the house. The sun was setting so beautifully there! I turned my attention back to the onion that I was chopping. Lots and lots of onions to have a healthy life!

"Why are you smiling? Did you manage anything with that engine?"I heard grandpa ask.

"Nothing much. He's too...too...too stubborn,"I sighed, putting the knife on the table as I put the chopped onions in the pot. "I mean, I don't get it! I really really don't get what's wrong with it! I don't think I'll ever be able to make it work."

"Ra Mae, with patience you can..."

"...cross the sea,"I completed his sentence. "But this time I'm out of patience,"I muttered under my breath as the pot began boiling.

Grandpa Han just smiled and put in the pot the rest of the vegetables. "Uhmmmm! Vegetable stew!"he breathe in the steam.

I rolled my eyes. It was the same every evening! I took my place at the table and my thoughts drifted towards the engine I was holding in the basement. I was really lucky the day I found it. It was all shiny and good looking, almost knew...I thought. But every time I tried to make him start, he just remained still and I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with it! If only I knew some more about engines then I would probably know what to do with it! Pffff...

"Yah, Kim Ra Nae! Stop day-dreaming there and go lock the gates! It's raining."

I jumped on my feet and hurried to the closet to take the rain coat out. It was quite a storm out there!

"Who in the world would come inside on this kind of weather?"I mumbled as I made my way though the mud in the yard. I closed the rusty gate that separated the junkyard from our house, and I continued to walk in the cold rain towards the main gates. I looked up. The place where sun se not long ago was covered with black clouds that bore heavy rain. The piles of metal were silently standing in the rain like some abandoned statuettes on a muddy island.  sighed. People just don't know how many treasures you find in those piles of 'junk'!

"Aish...why are you so heavy?"I gasped for air as I pushed one of the gates. The metal was wet and cold and the mud was stopping it from moving like it used to. I used all my strength and for nothing. "Just close already!"I managed to push it through the end.

"MY HAND!"yelled someone from outside.

I looked around terrified. There was no one around! But then, between the two slight opened gates lied a dirty hand that was trying to escape from the gates grasp.

"Omo! Sorry!"I pulled the gates so that the man outside could pull his hand free.

But he didn't. It remained still, lying there in the mud. I panicked. I stepped outside the yard and looked at the man that was lying there in the rain, unconscious. I analyzed him quickly:he was fat that's for sure! His hair was wet, dirty and riched his shoulders, he was unshaved and his clothes were all dirty from the mud.

"Ajusshi,"I called him, pushing him a little with my index finger. "Yah...ajusshi, you c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter