Last Confession

Confessions of a girl

 

 

*ring ring*

The incessant ringing was seriously bothering Yoseob. He cracked his left eye open, only to close it immediately upon contact with the bright light of the sun. He rubbed his eyes then slowly opened them. He quickly picked up his phone.

‘Junhyung hyung’ = caller id.

“Oh~ Hyung… I’m still sleeping! Wh…. What?!”

Yoseob immediately dropped his phone & got out of bed. He hurriedly put on his jeans and a wifebeater, grabbed his jacket & ran out of the house. He raced to the hospital. Once Yoseob reached, he ran like a mad man to _______’s room. He spotted Junhyung from afar & called out his name.

“HYUNG!! WHERE IS SHE?!”

“She….She…….”

“WHAT?! WHERE’S _______?!” Yoseob shook Junhyung impatiently.

Junhyung’s head dropped & when he looked up again, his face was stained with tears. Yoseob’s hands dropped from Junhyung’s shoulders & his eyes widened.

“No… No. No! NO! HYUNG! TELL ME IT'S NOT!”

Before Junhyung could answer, nurses came out of _______’s room pushing a body out. Yoseob stopped the nurses & lifted the covers with shaky hands. His knees buckled & he dropped down to the floor. He reached out but not daring to touch.

“_______-ah…. _______! ________!!! WAKE UP!!! PLEASE!!! WAKE UP!! WAKE UP!!!! _______!! YOU CAN’T LEAVE ME, PLEASE!!!!! PLEASE!!!!” Yoseob screamed while shaking her lifeless body.

Junhyung quickly grabbed Yoseob & restrained him.

“Hyung! Let me go!! I have to wake _______ up!!” Yoseob struggled against Junhyung's hold.

“Yoseob! She… She’s gone!”

“NO!! NO! No! Nonononono~” Yoseob buried his face in his hands, his words becoming muffled.

Junhyung pulled the boy into a hug. Just like Yoseob, he couldn’t believe it. He didn’t want to believe it. _______’s gone….

“Hyu-ng~ I… I did-nt g-get to s-ay goodbye-e….. I didn’t get t-to tell her I lo-ve h-her hyung!!”

“She knows, Yoseob~ She knows that you love her~ She knows~”

Yoseob kept on weeping, his tears never-ending. Junhyung stared in the direction of which _______ was taken away.

*_______, I love you~*

 

~~~~~~~ 2 days later ~~~~~~~

 

“Yoseob-ah~”

Yoseob turned his head towards the door. He had lost track of time, just staring out of the window in the room _______ used to stay in. He wiped away a tear he didn’t know had escaped.

“Junhyung hyung~”

“What are you doing in here?”

“I just… wanted to feel her... again….”

Junhyung sighed & walked over to Yoseob. He joined him, looking out the window. They stayed that way for a while, the silence somehow healing some of the pain. All day since that day, they’d been hearing ‘I’m so sorry for your loss…’ & the quietness was a fresh change.

“I can’t live without her…. I don’t know how to….”

Yoseob turned to see Junhyung’s crest-fallen face. His tears were pouring. Yoseob stood there for a while, thinking of how he could comfort his hyung.

These past few days, Junhyung was mostly silent & hadn’t shown any reaction to what’s happened. He was the strong one. He didn’t shed a tear, not one. Not until now.

Seeing how distraught Yoseob had been, Junhyung told himself that he had to be strong for the both of them. He tried his hardest to not let his emotions get the best of him, especially in front of others. He kept it all pent up inside.

Being with Yoseob now, just the 2 of them alone, Junhyung broke. He couldn’t handle it anymore. The pain, the longing he felt to see _______ again, to hold her again, it was killing him. He felt lost, he didn’t know what to do. Everything reminded him of _______. Even the simplest things such as a bottle of coke reminded him of her.

Yoseob placed his hand on Junhyung’s shoulder & turned the latter to face him. He hugged Junhyung. He rubbed his back, trying to console & calm him down.

“Let it all out, hyung~ You’ve been the strong one for the past 3 days, now it’s my turn….”

Junhyung cried. He’d never cried this hard before, or this long. He clutched onto Yoseob’s shirt tightly, his knuckles going white.

It took a while but eventually Junhyung pulled himself together. The both of them went out to the garden & sat down at their bench. Junhyung took out a chain with 2 rings on it.

“The nurse gave me this. She said that _______ was wearing it around her neck.”

Junhyung handed the necklace to Yoseob.

“That’s my ring!”

“Yeah~ And that’s mine~”

Junhyung pointed to the other ring. Yoseob looked at Junhyung, surprised. Junhyung laughed.

“Ya! Why do you look so surprised? You punk! You proposed before me~”

Yoseob chuckled.

“Ha~~ Guess I beat you~”

“Yeah right!”

 

~~~~~~~ Silence ~~~~~~~

 

“What do we do now?”

“I don’t know Yoseob~”

The 2 stared into the sky as the sun set.

 

~~~~~~~ 5 years later ~~~~~~~

 

*click* *click*

Yoseob & Junhyung looked at each other & smiled.

“Oh! Hyung! Going to work already?”

“Yeah~ Last day of college huh?”

"Mmmmm..."

Yoseob nodded while locking the door.

“I gotta run! I’ll see you later & DON’T be late!” Junhyung gave Yoseob the look.

“OK! Bye hyung!”

After _______ passed, the 2 went into a slump for a while. In time, they cleaned themselves up & started to move on. However, it was difficult, especially for Junhyung. He lived with _______ & his days were revolved around her. Now that he was alone, emptiness filled his days.

At first, he spent them meaninglessly. He stayed at home most of the time, just lazing around the house. Sometimes, he’d stay in bed the whole day just staring at the ceiling.

One day, Yoseob dropped by to see how his hyung was doing. He got the shock of his life when he saw Junhyung passed out, cold on the ground. Apparently, he had fainted from lack of nutrition. After that, Yoseob decided to stay at Junhyung’s for a while, to make sure Junhyung was eating properly. Soon enough, Junhyung got better. He went back to the hospital & applied as a full-time nurse.

Yoseob, on the other hand, went back to school & completed his studies. He’s now in college, studying to get his masters to become a doctor. Yoseob rented the apartment next to Junhyung’s so their now neighbours.

 

~~~~~~~ Later ~~~~~~~

 

“Hyung!”

“Ya! You’re late!”

“Sorry! It’s raining!”

“Did you bring the flowers?”

“Yeah~ Of course! Let’s go~”

The boys carefully made their away across the yard. They soon came to a stop. Yoseob arranged the flowers neatly then stepped back under the umbrella, next to Junhyung.

“________-ah~ We’re here!”

“Hey baby~ I missed you so much!”

“Yoseob & I are doing ok~ This punk is getting his masters this year. He’s going to be a doctor.”

“Hyung’s got lots of girlfriends at the hospital now _______-ah!”

“Ya! Their 6 years old!”

“Hahah! Yeah I know! But they said they want to marry you hyung!”

Junhyung smacked Yoseob’s head. Yoseob made an ‘owww’ face & rubbed the back of his head.

Junhyung turned back to ________’s gravestone & smiled.

“You know there’s no one for me but you, right babe?”

“Me too! We hope you’re watching over us _______~ Our very own angel!”

Junhyung chuckled at the word 'angel'.

"I love you~”

“I love you _______” Yoseob sniffled.

 Junhyung placed his arm around Yoseob’s shoulder & patted the boy.

“After all this time~~ Your Yoseob’s still a crybaby ______-ah~~”

Junhyung laughed.

“Ya! Hyung!”

Yoseob pouted.

“Don’t think your aegyo’s going to work on me! I’m not _______~”

Junhyung continued laughing.

Soon, they went back home. Junhyung invited Yoseob for dinner, not wanting to be alone. Yoseob’s his best friend now anyways.

“Wooo~~ Curry!!”

After dinner, the 2 sat out on the balcony looking at the stars.

“Yoseob-ah~ Remember that story I told you about the night I proposed?”

“Yeah~ Why?”

“Let’s find the star~ Let’s find _______’s star~”

“WHAT?! But…. there’s like billions of them hyung!”

“You idiot! I found it already!”

“Where!?”

“There~ That one~” Junhyung pointed.

Yoseob smiled. Instantly, when he saw the star, he also knew that it was the one. It was that one star that shined the brightest amogst the others.

Yoseob & Junhyung gripped onto the chains that hung around their necks. On those chains, held the rings they each proposed to _______ with. That way, _______ was always close to their hearts, and forever she was.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Notes

 

Hey guys^^

It's officially, finally the end~~ T~T

I'm going to miss this!

Although it sounds silly, writing the last 2 chapters, I cried while writing it! LOL I'm weird!

I hope you liked this chapter! I'm sorry I killed _______ but yeah~~

Thank you SOOOO much for supporting my story!

To all my readers, subscribers, commentors, supporters, EVERYBODY!!! I LOVE YOU~~