Confession #12 - Pick me

Confessions of a girl

 

 

“How are you doing today, _______?” Dr. Yang asked as he checked her blood pressure.

“I’m ok…” ______ answered solemnly.

“You’re awfully quiet today. Anything happened?”

“Nothing….” _______ smiled reassuringly.

“Ok then. I’ll check up on you again later.”

_______ nodded. She sighed then continued gazing out the window. After Dr. Yang left, Junhyung came in.

“Hey, you ok?”

_______ nodded, still facing the window.

“Come on, _______. Don’t do this to yourself!” Junhyung said. He sat on her bed on the side facing the window. He took her hand gently in his & kissed it. “You know I can’t stand it when you’re sad.”

_______ turned to Junhyung.

“I’m sorry oppa.”

“Why are you sorry? You’ve done nothing wrong! Listen to me,” Junhyung tilted _______’s chin towards him so that they were eye to eye, “If he doesn’t have enough balls to fight for you, then it’s his loss! He doesn’t deserve you!”

“It’s n-not that. I just… I knew th-this was go-ing  to happen. I t-tried s-so hard not to get close t-to anyone but….  It’s my f-fault! I hurt him op-pa!”

________ sobbed. She couldn’t believe that the thing she tried so hard to prevent from ever happening, happened. It happened & the person she hurt, she loves.

Junhyung sat there. He didn’t know what to do.

*Do you really love him _______?*

“I l-love him o-ppa…”

Junhyung’s heart clenched.

*What about me ________-ah? I love you… I love you so much it hurts*

Junhyung held his tears back & forced on a smile. He reached for ______ & hugged her.

“If you love someone… If you truly love someone…. The best gift you can give them is happiness, even if it means not being with them. If you love someone, you have to set them free, no matter how much it hurts.”

“Oppa, are you crying?”

_______ pulled away from Junhyung. She cupped his face & wiped his tears with her thumbs.

“Did you love someone too? Someone you couldn’t have?” _______ asked. She placed her hands on her lap.

“Yes… I did. I still do… But as long as she’s happy, I’m happy….”

Junhyung took _______’s face in his hands & brought their heads together, their foreheads now resting on one another.

“I’m here. I’ve always been here & I’m not going anywhere. I… I love you _______”

_______’s eyes stared into his, unblinking. She smiled then leaned in to hug him. She hid her face on the crook of his neck.

“I love you too oppa. Thank you for never leaving my side!”

*You still don’t understand my heart _______-ah*

_______ sat back, releasing herself from the hug.

“Oppa, I need to go to school tomorrow.”

“What?! Why?”

“It’s a Tuesday oppa!” _______ said while laughing.

“I know… but….. you’re not feeling well! I’ll just inform your teachers!”

“No oppa. I… have to settle some things.”

“Yoseob?”

_______ nodded.

“And besides, there’s the school’s annual carnival tomorrow! I definitely don’t want to miss that! You should come too! It's after school.”

“Ok~ What time should I come?”

“Hmmmm….. 5?”

. Take care of yourself alright!? I don’t want you to suddenly faint or anything!”

“알았어~“

“You hungry? I’ll go get us some McD!!”

Junhyung got up & left. As _______ watched him leave, she smiled.

*I know you probably see me as your sister but I love you oppa! I don’t think I can survive without you!*

Although _______ knew she loves Yoseob, she couldn’t deny the strong feelings she has for Junhyung. He’d been with her through everything these past years. At first it was platonic but the closer they got to each other, the harder it was not to develop feelings for him. After all, Junhyung is by far the perfect guy she’s ever met.

Then, she met Yoseob. The boy she liked from the very first time she saw him smile. There wasn’t one bad thing you could link him to. He was practically an angel. So much for bad boys huh? Yoseob’s the most sought out guy in their school & why shouldn’t it be that way? He’s smart, good-looking, has a killer gaze, a smile to die for & my god… when he sings, it’s like he’s penetrating through your heart with his melodious voice.

*I’m lucky to have met these 2 most amazing guys. Whatever happens, I won’t regret. As long as their happy, I’m happy.*

 

~~~~~~~ The next day ~~~~~~~

 

_______ was nervous as hell. She was jumpy & she felt like peeing every few minutes.

“Calm down, would you?!” Junhyung said, laughing.

“Bye oppa!”

“I’ll be there at 5!”

The walk to school was unbearable. ________ kept picturing & imagining how Yoseob would treat her now.

*I bet he hates me…. I hope he doesn’t ignore me... of course, he will!... UGHHH! Why is it so hard to love someone?!*

Before she knew it, she was standing in front of the school. She was really lost in her thoughts. She cautiously walked to class. When she popped her head in & didn’t see Yoseob there, she felt troubled. Normally, one would feel relieved but _______ was worried.

She couldn’t call him, not after what’s happened!

*I’m probably the last person he wants to talk to.*

She couldn’t ask his friends!

*How do I even ask them?! ‘Hi! It’s none of my business but where’s Yoseob?’ They’d suspect something!*

The bell rang & Yoseob still wasn’t there. _______ thought positively.

*Maybe he woke up late! He’ll probably pop up during lunch!*

Lunch flew by & Yoseob was still missing. Soon, school was over & the carnival started.

It was 4 & everyone was gathered at the auditorium for the school’s special talent show. _______ stood on tip-toes, looking around, searching for Yoseob. She was hoping she’d find him at the carnival instead since he skipped school, but no such luck.

Suddenly, the lights went out & a familiar voice echoed throughout the room.

“I wrote this song for this girl I really like. I’ve fallen in love with her & I’m hoping that she’d choose me.”

 

*Taeyang’s ‘Wedding Dress’ comes on*

 

“Every night & day goes by, every time I think about you

I keep on picturing your face, I don’t know what to do

 

Secretly tears are falling, I-I cry again

I know I have to let you go-go but I can’t

 

I tried my best to be, to let you see how much I do

And even though the times you pushed away, I still loved you

Why can’t you see girl, that I’m the one you need girl

Baby, please I’m on my knees, Come to me

 

Chorus

 

Baby, tell the world that I’m the only one

Cause you should be my lady, turn around cause you’re all who I want

And till the end of time, I will vow to

Always be right there by your side

And every night I hoped, I prayed

Every night I wish to hear you say that you love me”

 

_______ stood there, frozen. Yoseob’s voice resonating in her ears. The spotlight was on him but it felt as if there was one on her too. Her tears came flowing with every word he sang. It killed her. It killed her cause she knew he meant it. Yoseob loves her, he’s fighting for her, and as much as her heart wants it, it also knew how much it has to fight it.

________ ran out of there as fast as she could. Her eyes were blurred by tears & so she bumped into someone. _______ looked up & relief washed over her.

“Junhyung oppa!”

“Oh! _______, what are you doing out here?” Junhyung examined her face. “What’s wrong?! Did he do something?!”

“No! He didn’t oppa! Let’s… just go! Please~”

“But…”

“Please!”

Junhyung sighed.

“Alright, come on.”

 

~~~~~~~ Yoseob’s POV ~~~~~~~

 

“Where is she?!”

Yoseob fought through the crowd. He was desperately trying to find _______. He wanted to talk to her, he needed to talk to her.

*I know she’s here! I know she heard me! Where are you _______?!*

Yoseob headed out into the corridors. Just as he was about to turn the corner, he skidded to a stop. There she was, the girl he loves… with the guy she 'loves'….. Yoseob subconsciously scrunched his hand into a fist.

Once the two disappeared out of sight, Yoseob stepped out & yelled out in anger.

“GOD! Why?!”

He punched the wall. Blood seeped out of the abused fist. Yoseob fell back against the wall & slid down. He laid his head in between his knees, his hands tangled in his hair, frustrated.

“________. I wish you’d pick me…”

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Notes

I'm back! THANK GOD!! HAHA

Finally~ The chapter that I've been waiting for, dying to write!

Pictured this scene even before I officially started writing the story! LOL XD

Hope you guys like it! Next chapter.... Yoseob finds out the truth & something bad happens!

 

For those who are curious about the song, I wrote it :)

My dream is actually to be a singer/songwriter & I do sing a lot & write a lot.

This song is actually a Girl's POV from Taeyang's ver. They're like 2-way confessions.

Taeyang's confessing that he didn't get to tell her he loves her & the girl in my song didn't get to tell Taeyang as well.... While Taeyang's secretly asking her to not go to the other guy, the girl is secretly asking him to take her away. But because they didn't actually say it,

Taeyang = "oraen sigan gidaryeo on nal dorabwajwo"

               =  "Please look at me, I've been waiting all this time"

 And Girl = "Turn around cause you're all who I want"

 

So from story's POV,

Just flip it! Yoseob's the girl in my song XD ke ke ke

Sorry for the confusion! Haha, just thought I should explain it!

Thanks to my subscribers, readers, silent readers, commentors!!!!

LOVE YA! Shall update soon ^^