Confession #8 - Chances (Part II)

Confessions of a girl

 

 

“So… where do you wanna go?”

Yoseob asked while swinging their hands. He hadn’t let _______’s hand go ever since they left school.

He didn’t know why but he was ecstatic when _______ said yes & was really looking forward to that day. He had convinced himself that he was going to show _______ that he really was a nice guy & turn it into a real date.

_______, on the other hand, had prepared herself mentally days before, to not freak out. She had been dreaming of a chance like this ever since she first realized she liked the boy. However, all her efforts flew out the window when they held hands.

Ever since they left school, Yoseob had been the only one talking (to god knows who) & _______ was simply staring at their hands. She was in shock. It wasn’t because they were holding hands but more that they were STILL doing it….! In public…..!! In front of people…..!!! At a place where they might bump into their schoolmates….!!!!

*Why is he still holding my hands?!* _______ had thought many a times while glancing up at Yoseob, who was still chattering away to himself.

“Hey! Are you even listening to me?” Yoseob asked with a cute frown on his face.

________ snapped out of her thoughts & looked up at Yoseob.

“Sorry Yoseob…. It’s just….” _______ wiggled her hands in his, hoping he would understand her awkward dilemma. To amplify her efforts, she kept shifting her gaze to their hands then back to Yoseob a couple of times.

“Are you ok? Is something weird bothering your neck?” Yoseob asked.

“Uhhh… no, no! It’s… nothing…” _______ decided to settle on that. She figured, if she was given this one chance to finally be alone with Yoseob, she wasn’t going to waste it & act all chicken & awkward. She wanted this day to be the best day she ever had. This day that could be the source of her strength, when she needed it the most later on. This day where she could look back on & not regret anything in her life. This day that she can carry with her in her memories forever.

As she looked up at Yoseob, _______ thought, *I’m gonna make this day count!* With that, she completely broke out of her shell.

Pinching his cheeks, _______ smiled the widest & brightest smile she’d ever had.

“Smile, Yoseob!!” _______ said, one hand still pinching his cheek, the other wagging a finger at him. “Come on! Let’s have fun~”

Yoseob was stunned. He hadn’t expected that at all. He stood there for a while, processing _______’s sudden change but once he recovered himself, a smile broke out onto his face. It wasn’t just any smile, it was one that only few had ever seen. A smile that was 10x brighter.

“Wait!” Yoseob ran after _______. Placing his arm around her shoulder comfortably, the pair smiled at each other as if they were the only 2 that existed.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

They joked, they laughed, they cried because they laughed too much. It was definitely a day to never forget.

First, they shopped. Yoseob had tried on many hats, while making funny faces. Then, he sampled some glasses & posed with them. _______ made sure to take a picture of every pose. He ended up not buying anything.

“Yah! How can you try soo many things & mess up the display & then not buy anything?!” _______ harped. Yoseob just gave a big smile then ran off. _______ looked back at the ahjumma, bowed then ran after Yoseob. Screaming his name.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

After that, it was _______’s turn to shop. She dragged Yoseob into every store, on purpose. At the final shop, she asked him to sit on the lounge chair while she tried on a few clothes. A few minutes later, she came out & called for him.

“Hey~ Help me zip the dress up,” _______ said, her back facing Yoseob. Yoseob entered the small changing room. He gulped nervously. He hadn’t been this close to any girl before, besides his mum that is.

“Yoseob~” her voice sweetly called out to him.

“Hmmm?” Yoseob looked at her, dazed.

“Help me~” _______ innocently pleaded.

She had planned this. She didn’t know when she’d ever get this chance again. She’d always fantasized doing this with her boyfriend, just like in the dramas’ (which is obviously where she got it from). _______ never thought that she’d be lucky enough to have this happen to her with Yoseob.

After what seems like forever, Yoseob finally finished zipping her up. _______ flipped her hair so that it covered her shoulders like normal. She smiled then turned around.

“How do I look?”

“Ummmm….. You look….”

*Why am I feeling this way?!*

“I look ugly, don’t I? *Sigh* I guess I’ll just stick to jeans & t-shirts…” _______ said softly.

“No! You don’t look ugly!” Yoseob suddenly burst out.

_______ stared at him.

“I mean… You’re pretty, like really pretty~ It was one of the things I noticed about you when we first met….” Yoseob said in a hushed tone, embarrassed. “I…I’ll wait outside,” he said as he started walking backwards, out of the changing room.

“Ahhh!”

Yoseob tripped on one of the shirts laying on the  floor & fell forward. Luckily, his hands had come up automatically & he was able to support himself against the mirror. However, it wasn’t all comfortable. He ended up squishing _______ in between himself & the mirror. They were literally a paper width’s apart.

They stayed like that for a while, both secretly not wanting to pull away (not that _______ could). Suddenly, Yoseob’s face seemed too close & that was when _______ realized that he was getting too close. Unconsciously, _______ closed her eyes. She felt his breath on her lips.....

“Excuse me! There are customers waiting!” one of the salesperson shouted from outside.

Snapping her eyes open, _______ stared at Yoseob then replied, “Sorry! I’ll be right out!”

Yoseob quickly, but carefully took a step back, not wanting to trip again.

“Uhhhh… Sorry… I’ll.. wait outside…” Yoseob said nervously. He shuffled out of the changing room, relieved off of the tense atmosphere.

*두군두군*

Yoseob placed his hand on top of his chest. He definitely hadn’t felt this way before.

*두군두군*

_______ felt like her heart was going to explode. She never thought that kind of situation would ever happen to her. It really was like in the dramas’. She never felt soo thrilled! Giggling to herself, _______ quickly changed out of the clothes & into her own.

After she was done, _______ came out with a sheepish smile. Yoseob didn’t dare look her in the eyes. Just thinking about what had just happened made him flush. They walked out of the store quietly, side by side. In the end, ________ didn’t buy anything either.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Movies… Movies… What movie was good to watch?

*Hmmm… Should I suggest an action movie?*

*Should we watch a love story? Chicks like that sorta movies, right?*

*Oh! Scary movie?! If I get scared….*

_______ giggled, not realizing she did.

“What’s so funny?” Yoseob asked, his head cocked to the side.

_______ glanced at him then looked away, embarrassed.

“Yah~ Tell me! Tell me tell me Tell me!!” Yoseob begged cutely. Suddenly, he started doing Wonder Girl’s ‘Tell me’ dance. _______ pounced on him, wrapping her arms around his slim figure. She didn’t want people staring at them.

Yoseob jumped at the sudden contact then slowly laid his head on her shoulder.

“Y-yah! W-what are you doing?!” _______ stuttered. As soon as she let go of Yoseob, he took his turn & enveloped her in his arms.

“Y-yoseob! People are staring!” _______ wiggled about in his embrace.

It was a long shot but tickling him was her only idea at that moment (she couldn’t very well punch the guy, she likes him! Haha).

“Hahhahhahahhahhahhahh! STOP! hahhahhhAHHahh~~” Yoseob squealed while trying to get away from _______.

“Don’t just…hug me like that.. again….” _______ muttered.

“Why?”

“I don’t know! Just… don’t”

“Ok, ok~ What do you want to watch?”

“Hmmmm…. How about.. ‘I do!’?”

“Chick-flick huh?”

“It’s ok if you don’t want to! Really!”

“Nah~ I’m ok! Come one! The next show’s about to start!” Yoseob said while grabbing _______’s hand & pulling her along.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Isn’t it weird that the movie’s NC-17?!” _______ stated puzzledly.

“Maybe there’s some NC-17 scenes? Yeah~ Honeymoon!!” Yoseob said while puncing his fist into the air.

_______ nudged his side.

“~”

“I heard that!!”

“Supposed to!” _______ retorted back, sticking her tongue out at him.

“Haha~~ (sarcastically)”

Half an hour into the movie & the both of them were on the edge of their seats.

“Way to go _______! (sarcastically) You picked a movie about some psycho who tricks women into marrying him then kills them!”

“Sorry~ I didn’t know!” _______ snapped back.

‘AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!’ (the movie)

A toe-curling scream filled the air. Freaked out of their minds, Yoseob & _______ both turned away from the screen. They ended up facing each other. Recalling what happened before in the changing room, they started to blush & was about to turn back to face the screen when _______ felt a hand grab her leg.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” _______ screamed at the top of her lungs. She jumped into Yoseob’s arms, practically sitting on his lap. Terrified, she started to tear a little.

“Oh my God!! I’m soo sorry! I dropped my phone! I ddin’t mean to scare your girlfriend!” the person sitting behind _______ apologized. Yoseob looked back & just nodded at the ‘ghost’ with a reassuring smile. He turned back & looked down at the trembling girl in his arms.

*Haha~ Even when 'my girlfriend's scared she’s adorable~*

“_______-ah~~” Yoseob called out to her softly, “It’s ok~ It was just the guy behind you~ Come on~ It’s alright now~ I got you~” Yoseob her head lovingly. _______ looked up slowly.

Somehow, just looking at Yoseob made her feel better. She didn’t know if it was his smile that was even more gentle than usual, or his eyes that seemed to be shining. Maybe it was the fact that he was holding her, ever so tenderly. Maybe it was the way his voice was so soothing & relaxing that it made her forget that she was scared in the first place. Maybe it was everything from the above. All she knew was that, she had fallen deeper in love with him.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

The movie ended with a bang. Really~ The psycho ended up disappearing then appearing on the screen laughing hysterically! Everyone practically peed their pants (Haha not literally!)

Shivering, _______ rubbed her arms, trying to warm herself.

“You cold?” Yoseob asked.

“A little…”

“Here…”

Yoseob took off his blazer & slipped it on _______’s shoulders.

“Thanks”

_______ smiled.

“Wanna go get something to eat?”

“Sure! Wait…” _______ looked at her watch. It was already 8.  Junhyung would never let her leave the house (except for school) again if she missed her 9 o’clock curfew. “I have to be home by 9!”

“Oh~ umm… You live in ______ (place you stay at) right? There’s a beach nearby & I know this small restaurant that’s really good! Let’s go there!”

“Yeah, ok!”

They wasted no time in ordering the food once they reached the restaurant.

“You sure you can finish that?!” Yoseob asked, amazed at the amount of food that _______ had ordered.

“I haven’t eaten all day!” ________ defended herself.

After they ate, they decided to get ice-cream.

“Hey! We have 15 min left! Wanna go to the beach for a bit?” Yoseob smiled widely at _______.

“Sure~”

They walked along the beach, silently eating their individual ice-creams.

“Eeek!” _______ squeaked.

“What’s wrong?”

“The water’s reallyyyy cold!!”

“Hahahhahhah! HEY!”

________ shoved the last piece of her ice-cream in & started splashing Yoseob with water. Yoseob did the same. He started chasing her & ended up tackling her to the ground.

“Owww~~”

They both said at the same time.

________ laid on top of Yoseob. She then leaned her face in closer to his. Yoseob laid there frozen. He felt like such a girl, all nervous like he was waiting to get his first kiss.

“Hey Yoseob~ You have really pretty eyes~” _______ said.

Yoseob opened said ‘pretty eyes’ & stared at her like she’d just said something crazy. Well, technically it was kinda crazy. Who tells a guy that he has pretty eyes?! Somehow, some way, Yoseob felt happy (?) rather than embarrassed at the compliment.

“You have pretty eyes too~”

“I should probably get off of you now huh?” _______ said, laughing.

Just as she was about to pull away, Yoseob pulled her back down. At the same time, he leaned up & kissed her.

Seconds passed but felt like hours. He pulled away from her & smiled.

“I… really like you,” Yoseob spoke.

“I..I…I’m sorry! I have to go!”

_______ hurriedly got up & started running, not once looking back. She felt her tears starting to come down her cheeks. She finally reached home. She trudged up the stairs (_______ & Junnie lives on the 2nd floor so most of the time they take the stairs). As she reached the last step, her head starting throbbing.

She knocked on the door. Just as it swung open, _______ fell forward, unconscious.

“_______! _______-ah!!! Wake up! What happened?!” Junhyung shook her. Luckily, he had caught her in time before she collapsed onto the ground.

Carrying her into her room, he laid her down on the bed gently. He quickly took off her wet clothes & dressed her in fresh, warm pajamas. He wet a towel with warm water from a pail & placed the latter beside the bed as he set the wet towel on her forehead.

After making sure that _______ was taken care of, putting away the wet clothes & replacing the towel, he laid down beside her.

“I wish you’d take care of yourself more… You deserve more than this _______-ah… Whatever happened today, I hope it wasn’t anything bad…” Junhyung whispered to himself. He pushed back her bangs that were covering her eyes. Slowly, he too drifted to unconsciousness.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Leaving a very confused Yoseob behind, he didn’t know how to react. He watched as _______ ran away. He didn’t know what he did wrong.

*Was it... the kiss?*

He felt guilty of whatever he did since it had upset _______ so much but deep inside he didn’t regret anything. Yoseob got up, grabbed his jacket that had fallen off of _______’s shoulders when she fled & went home. That night, only one thought crossed his mind….

*I wish she’d give me a chance…*

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Notes

 

Sorry for the late update guys!!! >,<

My stupid brother took the computer to his firestn w/o telling me or my mum ._.*****

Hope this reallllyyyyyy~ long chapter makes up for it!

And first time ever, it's not _______'s confession (since she's unconscious!)! It's Yoseob's!

Hope you guys like this chapter!

Thanks to all my subscribers & commentors & readers for not giving up on me! ^^