Confession #13 - Let me be with you (Part I)

Confessions of a girl

 

 

2 days have passed & _______ hadn’t been to school. Yoseob was worried, anxious. He couldn’t call her, not after what’s happened. (sound familiar? Haha) He decided to ask her friends instead. (Yoseob can do that! Haha He’s popular XD) He walked over to Yunmi’s table.

“Yunmi ah….”

“Oh!! Yoseob! I was just about to go over & talk to you! Could you help drop off _______’s books at her house. I would do it but I’m busy today & I know that you guys are friends now so can you?”

“Uh…su…”

“Thanks! See you tomorrow Yoseob!”

Yoseob didn’t even get to answer. Yunmi ran off as if there was a ticking bomb in the place. Yosoeb took the books & walked back to his desk & packed his stuff.

*I hope she’ll talk to me…*

Yoseob stood outside ______’s apartment. He was nervous, hell yeah. Just as he was about to ring the bell, he heard someone yell ‘_______!’ then the door started to open. Luckily, he was quick enough & ducked behind a wall.

He saw Junhyung carrying _______ out. She was unconscious & her face was pale.

*What’s going on?!*

“________! ________!” Junhyung  called out.

Yoseob watched as Junhyung cursed at the lift for being too slow. Once he got into the lift & the door closed, Yoseob quickly dropped the books off at the doorstep then rushed down the stairs. He got on his motorbike & tailed them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Junhyung on the other hand, constantly glanced back & forth between _______ & the road.

“Hold on, _______.” 

Junhyung carefully got _______ out of the car then ran inside the hospital. Nurses came rushing to help. After putting _______ down on the stretcher, Junhyung ran to Dr. Yang’s office.

 “Dr. Yang! _______!”

At the sound of _______'s name, Dr. Yang jumped out of his seat & the both of them hurried out of the office towards the emergency room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoseob looked around, trying to find Junhyung. He spotted him, running behind a doctor into a room. He hurried after them. As he was nearing, he got pushed aside by one of the nurses rushing in & then the door slammed close. Yoseob sat down on one of the chairs. The worst was running through his mind. Yoseob looked back at the room, closed his eyes & prayed.

*Please, god… Let her be ok!*

 

~~~~~~~ In the emergency room ~~~~~~~

 

 “What’s the damage?” Dr. Yang asked as he wore his mask.

“She’s fallen into a relapse. Her heartbeat’s dangerously low,” one of the nurses answered.

“Alright. Prepare the paddles!”

Junhyung stood not too far away. He was allowed inside upon _______’s request. She had requested for Junhyung to be allowed apart of whatever operations or such.

At first, Junhyung didn’t think too much about it. After the 5th casualty that happened in less than 2 months, he began to feel uneasy. It was during _______’s 2nd major operation, where she almost hadn’t make it, that he realized how mortifying it was to stand by the sidelines while you watch the person you care about slowly slip away into eternal unconsciousness. That day, he ran out halfway through the operation & threw up.

Time passed but every time Junhyung stepped into that room, his stomach would turn & churn. He’d fought back tears but recently it’s become one of the most hardest things to do. Emotions were involved now & no matter how hard he tries to push them aside, they come rushing back almost instantly.

Junhyung looked at _______’s face, now white as if life was draining out of her little by little. His tears fell without him knowing. All he could think about at that moment was…

*Please! Don’t go! Don’t leave! You can’t leave me! Not before I tell you how much I love you ________! You have to make it! PLEASE!*

*flat line sounds*

Junhyung’s eyes widened in horror. Without thinking, he ran to _______’s side & started shaking her.

“NO! WAKE UP _______! WAKE UP!”

“Junhyung! JUNHYUNG SSI!!!”

Junhyung couldn’t hear his name being called out repeatedly. The only sound he could hear was the deafening sound of that flat line.

“Get him out of here! NOW!!” Dr. Yang ordered.

Automatically, 2 of the male nurses grabbed Junhyung. Junhyung struggled relentlessly.

*Bam!*

Dr. Yang’s fist made contact with Junhyung’s jaw. Dr. Yang grabbed Junhyung by the collar & pulled the latter to face him.

“Get. Out. Now!” Dr. Yang growled.

Shocked, Junhyung let himself be dragged out. Once outside, his knees gave out & he fell with his head down. His left hand slowly made its way to a necklace hanging around his neck & grabbed it.

*_______. You can’t break your promise to me! You promised we’d take a picture on my next birthday to put inside this locket! You promised! You promised….*

Junhyung felt a slight pressure on his right shoulder. He looked up to see Yoseob. After staring at Yoseob for a minute or 2, Junhyung got up & sat down on the chair.

“How’d you find out?” Junhyung asked, voice low.

“I was dropping off some books & I saw you rushing out. I followed you….” Yoseob answered. He sat down beside Junhyung.

No more words were spoken. Heavy silence clouded between them. Doctors & nurses rushed by & patients rolled in on stretchers but it was as if everything had slowed down. Yoseob looked over at Junhyung. That was when he realized that he wasn’t the only one in love. He turned back to the front & slumped against the chair.

Hours passed by, what seemed like an forever. Dr. Yang finally came out.

“Junhyung sii….”

Both Yoseob & Junhyung shot up & walked towards Dr . Yang.

“How is she?!” they both asked in unison. Their heads snapped towards each other but immediately turned back towards Dr. Yang.

“I have some bad news…..”

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's notes

 

Here's the next part!

Just a few more chaps & this story will end T~T

I hope my readers have liked it soo far!

Thank you for supporting my first fic ever!!!! ^^

Stay tuned for the next part of this chap!