Confession #13 - Let me be with you (Part II)

Confessions of a girl

 

 

“I have some bad news…..”

Tension that had built up to the highest scale skyrocketed even higher. Junhyung’s hands clenched, ready as he’ll ever be, to face his worst nightmare. Yoseob could hear his heartbeat, getting louder & louder, as if it was a ticking bomb ready to explode.

“However, for now she’s ok. She’s in a coma but… she survived… this time…”

Dr. Yang was speaking, but to them all they saw was his mouth moving. The words reached them but it didn’t sink in.

*She… survived…*

It was Yoseob’s turn to collapse & he did. His knees gave out but Junhyung caught him in time. Junhyung helped him over to the seats. After settling Yoseob down, he followed Dr. Yang to the office.

Yoseob sat there. He couldn’t believe what was happening. He couldn’t believe that it was happening.

*_______. Why didn’t you tell me? Do I really mean nothing to you?*

Yoseob’s tears began to fall. His chest hurt, his heart ripped. The fact is, he was terrified.

Yoseob was scared of the thought that he had just almost lost the person he loves. He was angry that he didn’t know such an important thing about the person he cares for. If he knew, he would’ve talked to her sooner. He would’ve approached her sooner, told her sooner, confessed that he had been in love with her since 3 years ago when they met in the rain.

Yes, he had fallen for _______ that day. He was so happy when he saw her again in his new class. However, he didn’t dare approach her. He thought she had forgotten about him since she didn’t talk to him either.

*As long as I get to see her smile everyday, I’m ok.*

That was what Yoseob had thought.

When she had ‘bought’ him on the night of the bachelor auctions, he had just fought with his parents. They were trying to convince (‘force’) him to leave for States & study there instead but of course, Yoseob refused. He couldn’t imagine a day of not seeing _______, even if she didn’t acknowledged him. He had also promised himself that he would confess his feelings before they parted ways after graduation.

So, that night, _______ misunderstood. Yoseob wasn’t mean to her intentionally. He was just frustrated. He hadn’t meant to hurt her & he was relieved when she forgave him.

Now, knowing the real situation. Yoseob couldn’t help but hate himself. He had all those time to tell _______ how he felt but instead he chose to be a coward.

*Not anymore! I don’t care how long she has or if she feels the same way! I will tell her & if she doesn’t want me as anything more, I’ll be her friend! I’m not letting her go, never again!!*

“Hey….”

A voice broke Yoseob’s train of thought. Yoseob looked to his side. Junhyung.

“What’d the doctor say?”

“He said that…. she should be awake in a few days…”

“How long does she have?”

“Not much….”

Yoseob could hear Junhyung’s voice quivering. His eyes followed as a tear trailed down the side of Junhyung’s cheeks. He couldn’t say anything. Junhyung’s closer to _______ & had been with her longer. He probably loved her more than he does. Yoseob lowered his head.

“How long… have the two of you been together?” Yoseob asked, unsure if he even wanted to know the answer.

Instead, he heard Junhyung bitterly chuckling.

“We’re not together. She just said that to throw you off….”

“I…. don’t understand… Why would she…”

“Lie? Because she wants to protect you. She doesn’t want you to get hurt when she… when she’s gone.”

Yoseob’s eyes widened. _______’s been protecting him, thinking about his happiness when she couldn’t get her own.

“She loves you, you know…” Junhyung muttered under his breath.

Yoseob’s head snapped towards Junhyung.

“She… she loves me?”

“Yeah…”

Junhyung looked up at Yoseob & placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Listen, Yoseob ssi…”

“Call me Yoseob!”

“Ok. Yoseob….. You’re a very lucky guy. _______’s the most… amazing, most caring, most thoughtful, self-less, beautiful, talented, smart girl you’ll ever get. Now that you know, I beg you! Please, make her happy! Give her the love & happiness that she deserves. Only you can give her that.”

Yoseob stared at Junhyung. Somehow, his request felt deeper than that. It was as if Junyung was asking him to fulfill everything that he can’t. Yoseob placed his hand on Junhyung’s shoulder. (So now they each have one hand on each other’s opposite shoulder) Yoseob looked seriously at Junhyung.

“You love her too, don’t you?”

Junhyung laughed & nodded.

“It’s you, Yoseob…Just make her happy, and I’m happy, alright?”

Junhyung took his hand off of Yoseob’s shoulder & held it in front of them. Yoseob shook Junhyung’s hand in return.

“I will.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next couple of days, both Junhyung & Yoseob stayed by _______’s side. They alternated looking after her & taking a break. When they were both awake, they would chat. The first few days were awkward but soon the two were like long lost friends.

It was officially the fourth day that _______ was still unconscious. Junhyung was getting agitated. He kept pacing back & forth, biting his lips. He couldn’t take it anymore. The longer it took for _______ to wake up, the more it felt like she was never going to.

Suddenly, someone grabbed Junhyung’s shoulder. Junhyung turned around.

“Oh! Yoseob! You scared me…”

“Hyung, calm down! You’re starting to make me nervous! Come on, just sit down…”

“I can’t ‘just sit down’! She’s never been unconscious for this long! What if she doesn’t wake up?! What if….”

“She will!”

“And how do you know?!”

“Because!!......”

Junhyung stared at Yoseob, waiting for an answer.

“She will wake up because…. she needs to tell you in person that you & that she chooses me….”

Yoseob smirked. (Oh How I love~~ his smirk! haha)

“Aish! You rascal! Come here!!”

Junhyung pounced on Yoseob & put him in a headlock.

“She chose you, did she? Huh, punk? Yeah right! I’m obviously more suited for her!”

“Ha-ha hy-ung! Why?! Cau-se you’re a ma-le nur-se!!?” Yoseob mocked.

“What did you say?!”

“Kidding!!!”

“That’s right! Who’s the man?!”

*silence*

“Yah! Why aren’t you answering?!”

“Hyung! Shhhh! Look!”

Junhyung let go of Yoseob’s head & turned towards where Yoseob was looking.

“Why?”

“I… I think I saw _______’s hand move…..”

They both immediately rushed to either sides of the bed. Junhyung took hold of _______’s right hand while Yoseob carefully placed her left hand in his.

“_______-ah….. _______....”

Junhyung whispered softly. No response.

“Yoseob! Are you sure you saw her hand move?!”

“Yeah! Her fingers kinda twitched!”

“But she’s not….”

“Her hand moved!!!!”

“What?! How come I didn’t feel it?!” Junhyung practically screamed, frustrated.

“Come to this side!”

Yoseob stepped away & let Junhyung hold _______’s left hand. After a minute or so of just standing there…….

“She moved!”

“I told you!”

“Stay here! I’m going to call Dr. Yang!”

Junhyung rushed out of the room. Yoseob went back to his original position, beside ________ & held her hand again. He slowly her knuckles with her thumb. His other hand reached towards her white, pale face & he gently caressed her cheek.

“_______-ah…”

Suddenly, _______’s eyes slowly opened. She blinked a few times, letting her eyes adjust to the light.

“_______!”

“Y-yoseob?!”

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's notes

 

Hi!!

I'm very fast this week huh?! Haha

I wanted to make up for all the lost time!! And also my brother will be taking away the com again so I can't update tom!

Sorry T~T Stooopid brother! :(

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! One more part to chap 13~

JUNSEOB!!!!!!! Haha MY NO.1 OTP!! My 2 FAVOURITE BOYS!

Thanks to all my readers! Love ya^^

I'll see you guys soon!