Confession #15 - Always be happy

Confessions of a girl

 

 

The next few days were spent secretly making plans & arrangements for _______’s birthday. Junhyung & Yoseob wanted to make this year special since they were all together. So everyday around 4-6pm, when _______ was occupied with her regular check-ups & treatment, the 2 of them would sit out on the roof & discuss about the upcoming celebration.

“Now that we’ve got the place, food, people & entertainment down, what are we going to give _______? Hmmmmm….. What present would be good?” Yoseob thought out loud while tapping his foot.

Junhyung, on the other hand, was lying down. The sky seemed extra blue today. Maybe it’s because he was happy, the happiest he’s ever been in a long time.

“Hyung!!! Are you listening?!”

Junyung blinked a couple of times, his vision focusing on Yoseob’s face that was too close for his comfort. Junhyung stretched his arms out, pushing Yoseob away in the process. He sat up & turned to face the eager boy.

“I know the perfect gift….” Junhyung smiled widely.

“What?” Yoseob hopped closer.

“Let’s write her a song together. I’ll do the rap & you can do the harmony & stuff….”

“That’s genius! Ok! Let’s start now!”

*beep beep*

A text from _______.

'Yoseob oppa~ Where are you guys? I’m done with my treatment.'

“Let’s head back first before _______ suspects something,” Yoseob said.

“We’ll work on it at night when she’s asleep…” Junhyung suggested.

They hi-5ed then walked back to _______’s room.

When night time came & _______ was sound asleep, the boys started cracking. It didn’t take long for the words to form, neither was it hard to compose the melody that seemed to come so naturally. By the 3rd night, the song was complete. It was true masterpiece.

The night before _______’s birthday, Junhyung & Yoseob snuck out onto the rooftop & rehearsed the song for the 1st time. After putting in the finishing touches to their performance, the two heartily ‘woo’-ed into the silent night proudly.  

“I can’t believe we did it!” Yoseob exclaimed as he slumped down against the wall, exhausted.

“Of course, we did it! If it’s for ________, we can do anything….” Junhyung sat beside Yoseob.

“True~”

The 2 sighed, contented with their accomplishment.

“Hyung~ Do you think _______ will like it?” Yoseob turned to face Junhyung.

Junhyung smiled.

“She’ll love it!”

“I hope so~~”

That night, Junhyung & Yoseob slept with a smile on their faces. Neither could wait to see _______’s reaction to the song.

 

~~~~~~~ The next day ~~~~~~~

 

“Jira eonnie! Have you seen Junhyung oppa?”

“Nope, sorry _______...”

“What about Yoseob oppa? Have you seen him?!”

“Not him either… Sorry again, but I have to go! Emergency on the 3rd floor!”

“Ok~ Thanks!”

*Where are they?!*

________ ran around anxiously, trying to find Junhyung & Yoseob. It was her birthday & she had planned to spend the day with her 2 favourite oppas’. She knew, or at least thought, that Yoseob didn’t know about her birthday but Junhyung was no excuse.

*He didn’t forget, did he?*

_______ went to every place she could think of where Junhyung or Yoseob might be but she still couldn’t find either of them. Defeated, she retreated back to her room. She dragged herself into bed, wanting to sleep the rest of the day off.

*What’s so special about today if I can’t spend it with the people I love…*

As _______ was about to close her eyes, she caught sight of a small paper banana sitting on the desk beside her bed. She reached out & grabbed it. She sat up, staring at it.

"I can’t believe it…."

This small paper banana….. This self-made paper cut-out….. _______ had been receiving these every birthday for the past 3 years.

‘Happy birthday, Choi _______! I hope this year will be different for you, a good different! Wishing you all the happiness in the world because I know you deserve it!

 

Love XOXO’

At the bottom of the banana was a tiny drawing of a cute boy holding a cake.

*Wait! That drawing… I’ve seen it somewhere!*

 

~~~~~~~ Flashback ~~~~~~~

 

_______ got up from her seat & walked to the whiteboard.

*Ughh! Out of everyone in class, she picks me to solve this crap! Why not Taeweon!? He’s sleeping for flippin' sake!*

After solving the sum, _______ walked back to her seat. She glanced at Yoseob who was also sleeping. He was still gripping onto his pencil. _______ sneaked a peak at his notebook & saw a cute drawing of a boy holding a banana.

*That’s so cute!*

 

~~~~~~~ Present ~~~~~~~

 

“Yoseob oppa….”

_______ began tearing. She can’t believe that all this time, the person whom she thought she was invisible to, was the person who had been wishing her on her birthday. Suddenly, it all made sense. The banana, the drawing of the cute boy that _______ thought oddly looked like Yoseob & of course, the fact that she started receiving the banana wishes 3 years ago, exactly when she & Yoseob first became classmates.

________ remembered the 1st time she had gotten that banana. It was after lunch when she found a paper banana sitting at the corner of her desk. She turned it around.

'Dear Choi _______, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Even though a lot of people have wished you, I hope this one can brighten up your day even more!

Love XOXO'

_______ had received well wishes from her classmates but somehow this small banana note from god-knows-who was able to bring a smile on her face, a smile that lasted throughout the whole day. Can you believe it? Ever since then, _______ had been receiving a banana birthday note on every birthday. Even though she didn’t know who it was from, she’d always eagerly wait for her special banana note on that day.

Yoseob…. _______ would’ve never thought it would be him.

“Thank you Yoseob oppa~~ Thank you....”

_______ laid back down on her side. She stared at the note & eventually fell asleep.

It was around 7 when _______ woke up. She groggily got out of bed. She looked around & was disappointed to find herself alone in the room. She walked out & a shiver ran up her spine.

*Where is everyone?!*

It was frighteningly quiet & _______’s hair stood on ends. She looked around then cautiously walked down the corridor. It was creeping her out. She had never been alone in the hospital, since it was quite impossible for such a thing to happen in the 1st place. It's a freaking hospital! How can a hospital be empty?

*creaaaak*

_______’s head snapped towards the direction of the sound. Her heartbeat racing madly. It was coming from the cafeteria. Even though every fiber of her being told her not to go there, her legs started moving on its own. Soon, _______ was standing right in front of the cafeteria door.

________ took a deep breath & braced herself for whatever horror she might find behind it. She slowly pushed the door open & stepped inside. Her eyes were hit by blinding darkness & the deafening silence sent a chill throughout her body.

“H-hello?”

Suddenly, there was a spotlight on her & _______ shielded her eyes away from the bright light.

“SURPRISE!!!!!!!”

________ slowly lifted her head. Shocked was her expression. Everyone was there. Doctors, nurses, the patients whom she’d befriended. Everyone, everyone on that floor anyway.

One by one, people walked up to her & wished her a happy birthday. The nurses, or the eonnies’ she called them, each gave her a present. She thanked every one of them genuinely. The doctors, who were naturally more formal, either gave her a pat on the head or a handshake. All but Dr. Yang that is. Dr. Yang was like a father to _______ & he’d been with her ever since her 1st day at the hospital. He hugged her comfortably & also gave her a present.

After thanking everyone, _______ looked around. The 2 people she wanted to see the most were no where in sight. Suddenly, someone was pushing her towards the stage. _______ turned behind & it was Yoseob.

“Oppa!”

Yoseob grinned widely. He brought her up the stage then seated her down. The chair was specially placed in the middle of the stage just for her. _______’s eyes widened. She fidgeted uncomfortably. She had never been the center of attention & wasn’t used to it.

The lights slowly dimmed until it was completely pitch black. A spotlight dropped on _______ once again. Music blasted & then 2 other spotlights shined on none other than Junhyung & Yoseob.

________ couldn’t take her eyes off of the both of them. It was amazing, to say the least. The way Junhyung rapped like he’d been doing it for the whole of his life, the way Yoseob’s mellow voice resonated in the whole room, so tender, so beautiful. It was simply magic. It was magic because it was Junhyung & Yoseob. These 2 amazing guys were the light in her life & right then they truly shone.

 

 

‘The one thing that I want to tell you the most

Always, We always singing just for you

Thank you, the one who's always been protecting us by our side

You (You)

You (It's you)

Thank you (Thank you)

For you

 

Just thank you Choi _______. Thanks for everything

What can I say, I don't know if I'll be able express my feelings but

I'll write one word at a time, and keep on writing, and try to fit it into this short track to try to communicate myself to you

The love and care that we have received from you, to the point that it's even flooding us as of now

I won't be able to return all 100% of it but

Still, I hope that you will be able to feel a part of it

 

Yeah, the one who let the unworthy, fools to stand up tall, the one who gave the utmost precious love & care, was you, and so

Today I'm still rocking' this stage (=life), I'm fly like a G6

It feels just like I'm flying in the sky

Like I've fallen into a happy dream, like a child, flying through the air with our hands clasped you and me together

 

Chorus

 

The one thing that I want to tell you the most

Always, We always singing just for you

Thank you, the one who's always been protecting us by our side

You (You)

You (It's you)

Thank you (Thank you)

For you

 

Even if I find myself exhausted, as long as I'm with you (It's alright, it's alright)

Even if we're being separated far away, if we can feel each other (It's all good, it's all good)

Even if I find myself exhausted, as long as I'm with you (So fly, so fly)

If your heart in front of me right now is true (Thank you, thank you)

 

……………………………………’

 

When the song ended, _______ immediately got up from her seat & hugged the 2. She was so happy that if she had died then & there, she’d have no regrets.

“고마워요 오빠! 난 진짜 행복해요 지금!!”

Junhyung & Yoseob looked at each other & smiled. They then wrapped their arms around _______, more than happy to return the hug.

They got off the stage & joined the others. After a while, the 3 slipped out into the garden. They sat down at the nearby bench, _______ in the middle. Yoseob & Junhyung felt their hands being taken into a tight grip. They looked down to find _______’s hand enveloping theirs, fingers intertwined & all. _______ looked up at Junhyung then turned to face Yoseob.

She sat back so that she could look at both of her oppas’, still holding their hands.

“Yoseob oppa, Junhyung oppa… Thank you so much, for everything! For this party, for being with me here, for being in my life…. for loving me…. You have given me everything I could ever want & I’m sorry that I can’t give anything back…”

“_______, don’t ever say that!” Junhyung said.

“Hyung’s right… Just you, Choi _______, is all we could ever want.”

_______’s smile widened.

“No matter what happens, please never forget that I love you, both of you! I know that I’m being selfish by keeping the both of you by my side & I know that it’s wrong….”

“It’s not your fault ______....” Junhyung squeezed _______’s hand.

“And besides, we don’t mind… The both of us loving you, that is….” Yoseob jumped in while smiling. “Truth is, even if you picked hyung, I’d be happy for you _______... I’d be sad... but I wouldn’t trust anyone else to take care of you besides Junhyung hyung.”

“Me too… If it wasn’t Yoseob, I’d probably punch the other guy…” Junhyung chuckled.

________ was speechless.

*How did I get such wonderful oppas? I don’t deserve them…*

_______... We don’t want to pressure you into picking one of us. We just want you to be happy, to be ________. All we ask is that you let us stay by your side & let us love you…” Junhyung continued.

_______ looked down, she didn’t want to cry again but she couldn’t help it. She just nodded at the request.

“Thank you for loving me oppas’! I love you…” _______ sniffled.

Both Yoseob & Junhyung laughed at _______’s cuteness. _______ looked up, her eyes now read & puffy from all the crying.

“Smile ______!It’s your birthday! You’re officially an old woman now!”

“Ya~~~!” _______ protested & hit Yoseob’s arm.

“Ouch! Didn’t know you were so rugged!”

_______ lifted her hand to smack Yoseob again but he caught her hand this time.

“All right! Sowieee~~” Yoseob unleashed his aegyo.

_______ scrunched her nose at him. They both knew how soft ________ gets when Yoseob does his aegyo. _______ turned towards Junhyung then cupped his face, making him look like a puffer fish.

“Oppa! Show me aegyo!!!” _______ squeaked.

“Ffatt?! No ffway!!”

“Awww~~ Come on hyung! It’s her birthday!!”

“Yeah! It’s my birthday!! Pweaaaase~~~” ________ switched her aegyo on.

“Allfwite.... ffine….”

_______ let go of Junhyung’s face.

“_______-ah~~~~” Junhyung called out _______’s name in a cutesy manner. “Chuk!” Junhyung leaned forward then kissed _______ on her lips, surprising her.

“Hyung! No fair!”

Yoseob stood up & walked around _______ to where Junhyung was sitting. He too leaned forward & planted a kiss of his own on ______’s lips. _______ sat there frozen.

“I think she’s surprised!”

“No duh, genius!!”

“_______!!” Yoseob shook her by her shoulders.

_______ snapped out of the trance then her left hand smacked against her lips. She stared at them like they’d just done something completely out of their minds.

“Ohho~~ ________-ah! You’re blushing!!” Yoseob poked her cheeks.

“I AM NOT!”

“Yeah you are, babe~” Junhyung joined in the teasing.

“I’m going back inside!”

______ abruptly stood up then ran back inside.

“She’s so adorable when she’s embarrassed~~” Yoseob said, staring after her, not noticing that Junhyung had started walking back inside as well. “Wait for me!”

Junhyung & Yoseob rejoined _______ inside the cafeteria. The cake was brought out & _______ blew out her candles. After opening all the presents, the party ended. The 3 of them thanked everyone for their help & for attending the party.

Junhyung & Yoseob walked _______ back to her room. Once they tucked her in, they each gave her a kiss on the lips. _______ blushed once again. Yoseob leaned in next to her ear.

“_______-ah~ If you always blush after a kiss, it just makes me want to kiss you more~~” Yoseob said mischievously. He pulled back, a playful smirk on his face. _______ blushed even harder. Junhyung raised an eyebrow towards Yoseob. Yoseob looked at Junhyung innocently.

“Night _____~ Sleep well!” Junhyung whispered before giving her another kiss on the forehead.

The 2 boys headed home after.

_______ laid in her bed, replaying the day’s events. She giggled to herself when she thought of what happened at the garden. She touched her lips with her fingers. Her last thought was her birthday wish. Oh how she wanted it to come true.

*I wish that oppas’ will always be happy…*

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Notes

 

I got to update today!! My bro didn't take the com today, why? not that I care! LOL

_______'s birthday!! Junseob sings 'Thanks To', 'Confessions of a girl' ver.! Haha

I hope no one is upset that I didn't actually choose either Junnie or Seobie to end up with _______.

I've always believed that 'Loving someone doesn't mean possessing them' so I tried incorporating that in here.

I wanted Junseob to be selfless, to just be happy that _______ does love the both of them.

I'm sorry if this wasn't what you guys wanted :(

Next chapter, is like a prelude to the ending that's coming.

 

Thanks to EVERYONE!!! I mean it! You guys are awesom! ^^

 

Love XOXO