Confession #1 - Just a little longer

Confessions of a girl

 

 

“Choi _______.”

_______ heard someone calling her name….and it was slowly getting louder & louder.

“CHOI  _______!! WAKE UP, NOW!”

Startled, _______  jumped up from her seat at the sound of an annoyed voice calling her name. _______ looked up to see her teacher staring angrily at her while tapping her foot. Bowing shyly, _______ apologized.

“How many times have I told you NOT to sleep in my class?!”

______ apologized again & meekly smiled.

“This is the last time I’m letting you off the hook for sleeping in my class but do it again & you’re off to the priciple’s office, understood?”

After apologising for the 3rd time, _______ quickly sank back in her seat, embarrassed.

 

~~~~~~~ DING DONG~~~~~~~

 

“What is up with you lately??”, 혜린, one of _______’s friends, asked while slapping her back.

“Hehe~~ I guess I’m just not getting enough sleep,” was all ______ could say.

She bit her lip uneasily then got up & excused herself. Strolling over to the rooftop, ______ couldn’t help but feel the guiltiness take over her again. This was the…..what??..... gazzillionth time she’s lied to her friends. Sitting down at her usual spot on the concrete ground, she thought back to yesterday.

 

~~~~~~~ Flashback ~~~~~~~

 

_______ was sitting on the bed, looking out the window. *knock knock* _______ turned her head towards the door.

“Hi doctor! What’s up?”

After being in the same hospital, with the same doctor assigned to you for 5 years, _______ became familiar & friendly with almost everyone in the hospital staff, especially her doctor.

“_______-ah, I have some things to discuss with you.”

“It’s something bad.... isn’t it?” _______ said hesitantly.

He nodded.

“How bad is it?”

“To put it blatantly, very. From your test results & the records we’ve been keeping of your condition of these past couple of months, we think that you have maybe a year or less.. to live.”

_______ stared blankly at him. Smiling weakly, she said, “I see. If that’s all, I think I’ll rest now.” With that, _______ turned to face the window once more while wrapping herself with the blanket. Once she heard the door close, her tears fell.

 

~~~~~~~ End of Flashback ~~~~~~~

 

The wind whipped _______’s hair across her face. Pushing her hair away, she felt her cheeks damp. She didn’t even realize she was crying. Suddenly…

*beep beep*"

"Hurry back! Teacher’s coming!”

Drying her eyes off with her sleeve, _______ then looked up into the endless blue sky one last time.

 'I wish I could look at the sky for just a little longer…'