Chapter 8: care and concern

Living with MBLAQ [discontinued; read chapter 22]

 

A/N: what are happening to the comments???? :( do comment and subscribe please, those are the motivation for me to carry on writing!!!

-inside the room-

We sat down on my bed. There was a few moments of silence before G.O broke the silence with a question, "Do you love Mir?" 

"Yes. G.O oppa, I love him.“ my voice trembled. G.O oppa placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Dongsaeng. You've grown up and don't need me as much as before now. But you'll always be my dongsaeng. I know you've always looked upon me as your older brother, and I'm happy that I can be your oppa. I once said that I'll take care of you forever, as long as you still need me. This still stands, even after you've decided to accept Mir. Because I said I'll be your family member. Maybe I can never replace the family members that you should have, your appa, umma and everyone else, but I'll always be here if you need me. You were abandoned at birth, but I'll never ever abandon you. And neither will Mir. When he falls in love, he falls deep. Let him shower you with all the love that you should have since you were a baby, and let him spoil you. But at the same time, protect your love, because he has a heart made of glass. Araso?" 

I nodded with tears in my eyes. No one has ever expressed their care for me like that. I was born to an unwed couple who didn't want me. I grew up all alone, without any care and concern. G.O oppa took care of me when he got to know me. He would ask about my results and stuff, and told me that I could approach him if I needed help in any way. He was my pillar of support, my family, all I had when I was completing my degree. 

I hugged G.O oppa tightly, "Oppa, thank you. No one has ever told me things like that. I promise I'll take care of myself and Mir. I will." G.O oppa patted me and quietly sang to me. I cried harder into his shirt. 

-in the kitchen, where the rest are-

"Bang Cheol Yong! Explain yourself." Joon "strangled" Mir. "Hyung!!! That hurts!! Lemme go and I'll talk!" Mir whined. Joon let go. Mir sat down and faced 3 people looking at him skeptically, waiting for answers.

"I've been in love with her ever since she met us at the training. When G.O hyung introduced her to us, I was already mesmerised. After I got to know her better, my love just got deeper. I wanted to take care of her. And I knew it wasn't the brother to sister kind. She was just, so cute. And so ..." 

Joon nodded. Seungho spoke, "Well Mir, we're all just happy and worried for you at the same time. She's a really nice girl and I'm sure all of us will agree to your relationship. But Mir, you'll have to grow up and be more matured now that you have more to your responsibilty araso? You're still our dearest maknae and nobody will scorn at you if you still whine like how you always do. Because as your hyungs, we're all going to take care of the both of you. Remember you have to be true to her, and shower her with the care and concern that she needs. Girls might be hard to understand sometimes, but you have to put in the extra effort as her boyfriend. Araso?"

Mir nodded, tears welling up in his eyes. Joon passed him a piece of tissue, "Aish. Don't cry. You're a big boy now." He ruffled Mir's hair as Mir sobbed silently at his hyung's words. He knew they really cared for him. "One more thing, Rain hyung will have to know about this. Talk to him when we get to the company tomorrow." Seungho added. Mir nodded again in response.

That night, I went to sleep with a smile on my face. MBLAQ had a schedule early in the morning tomorrow so we all had to be early.