Chapter 10: Telling Rain (part 1)

Living with MBLAQ [discontinued; read chapter 22]

 

A/N: I'm here to update again. Aish, its not like anyone cares anw. Maybe I'm really a bad writer. Just updating for myself cause idw to do things halfway and give up. Annyeong. 

 

"Hyung, I want that." Cheongdung pointed to the plate of eggs that I had fried. We were all sitting at the dining table. G.O turned, stared at Cheondung for a moment before he moved. Seungho laughed, "Someone slap G.O cause he’s not awake." 

"Hurry up; we need to get the company in about an hour's time." I rushed them, gobbling down my slice of toast before leaving the table to check their schedule.

"Okay here's the thing for today, we'll first go back to the company for your dance monitoring session. That's 9am to 2pm. Then, a late lunch at the cafe before going off to a photoshoot, 4pm to 7pm. The night is free." I rattled off the schedule for the day quickly and made all of them get changed. Before long, we were all ready to leave. 

Mir held my hand as we sat side by side in MBLAQ's artiste van. "I won't be able to hold your hand later. So I'll have to make every minute count." He gave me a cute smile. 

I knew we couldn't be open about our relationship. There was his image to take into consideration, there was MBLAQ's image. And most importantly, Rain sunbae wouldn't agree to let us tell the world about our relationship even though he agrees to us being together. I knew all these, and I was prepared to do whatever I can to protect us. As long as we were happy together, nothing else matters. 

"Baby? What're you thinking about?" Mir looked at me with concern. I shook my head and rested on his shoulder. He placed his arm around me and I slept. 

We got off the van one after another and headed towards the lobby of the building. 

"Hyungs, do you think I should speak to Rain hyung alone?" Mir asked the group. There was a slightly hint of anxiety on his face that I couldn't explain. 

"We'll be with you." Joon placed a reassuring arm around Mir. "Right?" He asked his hyungs as an afterthought. The rest nodded in response, showing their support for the maknae. Mir's face lit up instantly. 

All of us made our way up to the seventh floor, where Rain's office was.

 

"We need to see Rain hyung for an important matter." Seungho spoke to Rain's personal assistant. She nodded and allowed us entry, giving me quizzical looks that I dismissed, for I knew she has never seen me before.

"Ah, it’s you guys. Annyeong." Rain smiled at us before going back to the document that he was reading. 

"Rain hyung. Mir has something to tell you before we begin our monitoring session in 30 minutes." G.O oppa spoke and placed a hand on Mir's shoulder. Rain looked up from the paper work that he was frowning at, "Is anything the matter? Don't tell me you're getting married." 

Rain's statement lightened the atmosphere considerably. Mir took my hand and begun, "Rain hyung, I'm in love with this girl here. I promise you that this relationship will not affect my attitude during work and I'll still give my best to MBLAQ. I hope you'll agree to our relationship." There was pin-drop silence as soon as Mir finished. I trembled a little. Mir squeezed my hand lightly, as if assuring me that everything will be okay. 

Rain looked at the rest of the MBLAQ members, "I presume all of you already know about this?" 

"Yes, Mir told us last night." Seungho spoke. "Rain hyung, we can all see that Mir is really serious about her this time, so we too, hope that you will agree to them being together." Cheondung oppa spoke up softly. I looked at him in awe; it was seldom that I see him speaking with so much courage, especially on such a topic.

"Yeah, Cheondung right. Hyung, you should have seen the happiness on Mir's face when he told us that she had accepted his confession. It was beyond happiness, he looked as if he could die without regrets." Joon oppa spoke up too. G.O nodded in agreement.

Rain looked at each of us in turn. I was shaking even though the atmosphere wasn't that bad. Rain-sunbae had always been intimidating to me. 

“Well… I’m okay with you two dating. But, there are certain rules that I have to implement.” Mir and I nodded. Rain-sunbae continued, “One, your relationship mustn’t go out to the media. Two, no intimate actions outside of the company or outside of home. Like holding hands and kissing each other.”

“Hyung!” Mir protested at Rain’s words and proceeded to pout and blushed. Seungho took the opportunity to , “Yah, our maknae is embarrassed!”

Rain-sunbae laughed, “Cheolyong-ah, I’m really happy that you’ve found love, and she’s such a lovely girl. You have my support. It’s just that we have to think of MBLAQ. When the time is right, we’ll announce this to the world together. For now… just bear with the situation. Araso?”