Chapter 16: having fun together

Living with MBLAQ [discontinued; read chapter 22]

 

A/N: those of you who have been waiting, mianhae! Have been busy wiht exams and stuff. >< its now my exam period, but I took a break yesterday and wrote this. After some adjustments this morning, here it is!!! :) no silent readers please ~~ comment comment! :D 

 

“So, what do you think?” G.O winked at me. I laughed and skipped about happily, “IT’S AWESOME! I’M SO PROUD TO KNOW MBLAQ NOW! No Korean band has ever had an ice-skating rink themed after them. And such a big one at that!”

“YAH! You mean you weren’t proud to be our friends in the past? I’m so hurt.” G.O suddenly realised my sentence structure and pulled a sad face. “Aniyo!!” I protested as we proceeded towards the place.

I shook my head when Seungho passed me a pair of skates, “Aniyo, I can’t skate.” I replied softly. Mir bounced over, “WE’LL GUIDE YOU!” he was full of energy. I hesitated, for I knew balance was not really my friend. MBLAQ started to use their aegyo on me, asking me to skate with them. I agreed reluctantly, shuddering to think of what will happen to me on the rink. Joon hopped over to me, “Don’t worry, we will be with you! I’m an expert on this!” he winked. Mir nodded, “Yeah, you’ll be safe. I promise. Now take that pained expression off your face and go get ready!”

I protested, “Hey! That wasn’t a pained expression! It was just helplessness!” but proceeded to put on the skates anyway. The guys filed out one by one after they were done. Mir said he’ll be back soon. I sat on a chair and began wearing the skates, fumbling with the laces. Joon was standing at the door then, he laughed, kneeled down beside my chair and helped me tie it up. I smiled and thanked him softly. He ruffled my hair. Why does everyone like to do that to my hair?

“Errrr, Joon oppa? I can’t even stand up. How am I going to be okay on the rink?” I pouted. Joon laughed and squatted down in front of me, asking me to get on his back.

“Aniyo, I’m heavy you know.” I declined, unsure of what he would do after I’m on his back. Joon oppa loved to tease me. “Mir oppa!!” I yelled as I saw my boyfriend walked in nonchalantly.

“Yes baby?” Mir smiled. I pointed at my feet. Joon oppa helpfully added, “I offered to piggyback her. She didn’t want me to!” Mir laughed as Joon pouted. I climbed onto Mir’s back and clung on tightly as he half-walked, half-skated out to the skating rink.

I wobbled a little as I clung on to Mir. We were getting into the rink. Nervousness engulfed me as I tried to keep my balance, not wanting to cause trouble. Mir gave me a smile, “Just relax and let me lead you.”

I hung onto Mir as he skated backwards, pulling me along. I shouted a few times, when I felt us losing balance or when I thought I was going to fall. But Mir managed to steady us nonetheless, with a smile on his face that fan girls could die for. He’s just so patient with me, so caring towards me.

“Oppa? I think its okay, I can balance myself now. You go ahead and have fun with the rest.” I told him as I saw the rest having fun. I knew Mir loved ice skating, I wanted him to be able to enjoy himself without having to worry about me.

“Are you sure about this?” he frowned, unwilling to let go of me. I patted his head lightly, “Yeah, go ahead and have fun. I’ll be fine. Baby, I know you want to have fun. Just come back soon, yeah?” using my aegyo on him finally made Mir relent. He skated off happily to his hyungs after promising me that he’ll be back soon.

I wobbled around near the railings so I had something to hold on to if I fall. Leaning slightly on the railing, I gave up trying to skate and contented myself with staring at the boys. Seungho was fighting G.O, who was trying to make him fall. Cheondung, Joon and Mir were caught in a battle where both of them were trying to climb onto Joon’s back. I laughed as I saw the scene, happy that they could have so much fun together, since their schedules often required them to be working 24/7.

Someone called my name just then. I turned around and lost my balance.