I'll Be Right Here With You.

I'll Be Right Here With You.
        

[MinHee's POV]        

       When I reached the level that Gikwang's room was on, I spotted Junhyung, sitting on the chair with his face buried in his hands. I approached him, every step painstakingly slow. Once he noticed my presence, he looked up at me with glassy eyes.          

       And from that moment, I knew that Gikwang was really gone. I can't turn back time, I can't change the fact. I felt the world spin and I stumbled into Junhyung's arms. He held me quietly as I felt the news caught up to me — I can't deny the fact that he's gone now, no matter how much I want to.         

       I sobbed hard, gripping onto Junhyung's shirt. After a while, he said gently, "Minhee-ah, go inside and see Gikwang for the last time. There's something for you on the table, too." I looked at him timidly and nodded.         

       When I opened the door, Gikwang was lying there, eyes closed. I felt tears sting my eyes. He seemed as though he was sleeping; he looked so peaceful. It seemed as though I can still wake him up, as though he's in a really deep slumber. As I sat down next to him, I saw a letter addressed to me, and it was in Gikwang's handwriting. Without hesitating, I opened it and started reading.         

       Dearest Minhee,

  I know how you're feeling now, and I'm terribly sorry for hiding the truth from you.. And now, as you're reading this, I want you to smile and tell yourself that you're not gonna cry.

Okay! Are you ready? Cause here goes...

Do you remember my birthday? The day I proposed to you? Well, the day before my birthday, I found out that my lung was failing soon. I didn't have much time to live, but I wanted to hear you say that you'd marry me. That's why I proposed to you on my birthday.

And for today, I'm sorry for not being at the altar to hold your hand... I knew that I wouldn't live past today, somehow. So I didn't even go to the church. And sure enough, I couldn't even breathe, so Junhyung had to send me to the hospital, and that explains why I'm hooked up to these machines.

 Minhee... I love you so much. And I'm so happy that you're wearing the wedding dress I chose for you right now.. I know you're crying, I know you are. Don't deny it. I'm so sorry for leaving you like this, I'm so sorry for not being able to finish our wedding. But I want you to remember that I've always taken you as my wife, with or without wedding ceremonies. 

 And baby, promise me one thing; promise me that you'd smile at my funeral. Promise me that you'll give yourself a chance to move on. There'll be guys out there who will take good care of you, who will cherish and love you like I do. And if you miss me, just look up at the sky, I'll be looking down at you, like I am right now. Please stop crying! Just remember that all you have to do is think of me, I'll be right here with you , loving you, missing you and watching over you. Saranghae, my love. This isn't goodbye. I'll just be somewhere else, enjoying life. So please smile for me! ^_^

       I folded the letter and put it on the table. I held his hand and kissed his forehead, then his lips. They were still a little warm. And for that moment, I can pretend that he's just sleeping. I stayed a little longer, with Junhyung leaning against the doorframe, watching me. But every single minute that passed, it became harder to pretend that he's still here with me. The heat from him was fading away, and so was he. A tear fell from my eyes as I kissed him one last time. Those lips that I'll never kiss again. Those lips that I'll never forget.          

       I took out our wedding rings and smiled. We were still gonna get married, I'll still be his wife.          

       "Gikwang oppa, I love you.." I whispered as I slipped his ring through his cold finger. I kissed his finger and pulled the blanket over his head.          

                 

[Junhyung's POV]          

       Watching Minhee, a tear unconsciously fell from my eye.          

       Gikwang, I will take care of Minhee. Don't worry. Don't you worry. Just go to that land of dreams that you told me about last night. And please wait for us. We'll see you one day.          

       I walked into the room and held Minhee in my arms. She sobbed softly and I kissed her forehead gently. "Minhee-ah, didn't he tell you not to cry?" I said softly.          

       She nodded and wiped the tears from her face and smiled weakly. "Yes, Junhyung oppa, let's be happy for him. He's enjoying life right now!"          

       Yes he is, Minhee. Yes indeed.          

                 

==================================          

       A/N: Another chappie! <3 I cried my eyes out while writing this (again). I hope you'll like it! It was really hard for me to write it. >_<          

       Please leave comments and subscribe~ Kamsahamnida!