Losing & Gaining.

I'll Be Right Here With You.
        

       [Junhyung's POV]        

       Well, the funeral was a small affair. Only Kwangie's close relatives were present. We did notify a few of our old 'friends', but they had 'other things' to attend to. Yeah, right.        

       Only a few had the heart to come and give their condolence to his parents and Minhee.        

       And those few concludes of  our clique back in high school; Doojoon, Hyunseung, Yoseob and Dongwoon, who were busy soothing a sobbing Minhee. And soon, the congregation stood up and sang for Gikwang. I walked over to Minhee and the guys, singing along.         

               

       [MinHee's POV]        

       When the congregation started singing, I had to fight off my tears. That feeling of losing Gikwang all over again haunted me. I felt an arm around my shoulder and I glanced to see Junhyung giving me a nod, signalling that everything will be fine. It was the saddest song that I ever heard, and I couldn't believe that he won't be coming home to me, not anymore.        

       I looked to my right and saw Gikwang's Mom and Dad bawling their eyes out. Then I suddenly felt so small, my concerns so stupid and shallow. Here I am, wallowing in self-pity when his parents are there, grieving over the loss of their ONLY SON. As comapred to me, their loss was more substantial than mine. I was losing a fiancé, and they were losing their own flesh and blood.        

       When everything ended, his parents approached me.         

       I bowed to them and said, "Please take care of your own health, ahjusshi and ahjumma. Kwangie wouldn't want to see the both of you in this state...". His mother held my cheek in her trembling hands and smiled weakly. "Minhee-ah, you're the only thing closest to Gikwang that we have left.. He loved you so much, and I'm sure you loved him, too. We both love you like our own daughter, and we're glad Gikwang left knowing that someone loves him." my eyes started to tear up. She wiped my tears and chuckled.         

       "Silly girl, don't let Gikwang see you cry. I'm sure he'll be the saddest among all of us if we cry. You can come and visit us anytime; our doors will always be open for you." she said gently while my face. Junhyung came and stood beside me. Gikwang's mother faced him and smiled a motherly smile. "And you, Junnie ah. You can visit us with Minhee. Kwangie had always taken you as his brother. And so, we'll also treat you as our son."        

       "Kamsahamnida, ahjumma and ahjusshi." we said in unison. Gikwang's dad shook his head and said, "No way, just call us appa and omma." We smiled and hugged each other before going our seperate ways.        

               

       [Junhyung's POV]        

       When we arrived at her home, she went straight into the room that she shared with Gikwang. I followed her inside and she was just sitting on the bed, in a daze.        

       "It was only a few days ago, we were happily preparing for our wedding." she said while looking around the room. "I can almost still feel his presence, as if he never even left...". I walked towards her slowly and kneeled in front of her, locking my gaze on her face. "Minhee..." She blinked and a tear fell from her eye. It didn't take long before the rest of the tears fell like a waterfall. I hugged her and she cried into my arms. I cradled her on the bed as I felt her sobs becoming gentler and even gentler, eventually reaching a stop. I could feel her slow breathing as she slept.        

       Slowly but surely, I got up and stared at her. I brushed her hair away from her face and kissed her forehead. It's gonna be tough for her, I know it. But I'm gonna be there for her even if it's the last thing I do.        

       I went to the main room and slept on the couch, wanting to be here in the morning when she woke up.         

       As I was dozing off, I thought I heard Gikwang's voice echoing through the house.          

       "Junhyung, thanks for taking care of Minhee... Thanks a lot. Goodbye.."        

       I couldn't make out if it was a dream or not. I'm probably hallucinating.        

               

       [MinHee's POV]        

       I was walking in a meadow when I saw this familiar backview of someone. As I walked closer, I caught a whiff of his strong cologne — it was Gikwang.        

       I ran over and hugged him, inhaling his cologne. He spun me around and laughed. "Minhee! I've missed you.." he said while kissing my forehead. "I missed you more oppa!" I said and kissed his nose. He pinched my cheeks and giggled. Oh, how I missed that giggle.        

       We talked about everything, reminiscing in each others' arms. But soon, he had to go. "Oppa... Where are you going?" I asked while hugging him tightly. "I have to leave this place now, they're waiting." he smiled a little. But I could tell from his eyes that there was sadness. "Dont leave me please..." I rested my head on his broad chest. He sighed and faced me. "I have to go now, baby. I'm so sorry... Please live happily for me okay? Do the things I wanted to do, live the life I wanted to have with you. I promise that we'll see each other soon. But until then, please live well... Jagiya, Saranghae." he said and kissed my lips. I kissed him back desperately, tears streaming down my face freely. He pulled back and wiped my tears before giving me an eye-smile. "Annyeong, Minhee.". I sniffed and nodded. "I love you, my pabo-Kwang..."        

       I woke up with the sunlight streaming in. It took me a while to adjust to the brightness of the room. And when I did, the smell of sizzling bacon wafted into the room. That's strange. I thought I was alone?        

       I walked to the kitchen to find Junhyung cooking breakfast. Looking at him cooking so diligently made me forget about my dream momentarily. And then, I had a realisation — I should live on. I should live happily. Kwangie wouldn't wanna see me sad. And Junhyung was here; I wasn't alone. I smiled from the bottom of my heart for the first time in a few days.         

       When you lose something, you also gain something in the process of moving on. But my job now is to find what I'm gonna gain in my process of losing Kwangie. I'm gonna stay strong.        

               

====================================        

       A/N: YAY~ Finally updated! ^.^ Please comment and subscribe! <3 I'll love you so much of you do!!