A Thousand Years.

I'll Be Right Here With You.
        

       [Minhee's POV]        

       I threw on my favourite skinny jeans and cropped tee while running my fingers through my hair.         

       I'm excited for today, it's gonna be my first day working as Yong omma's assistant! After I reached home last night, I was so contented. Probably because I found this job so easily, and I can already sense that today is gonna be a good day. I haven't felt this carefree in a while, and it feels so good to be happy for once.        

       But beneath all this, I still feel a nagging sense of emptiness and void. I shrug it off though, I don't want this to ruin my day.        

       "Minhee-ah, breakfast is on the table!" Junhyung called from the kitchen. I rushed out of my room and plopped myself down at the dining table, inhaling the aroma of the omelettes that he had cooked.         

       He put a glass of milk in front of me and sat down, smiling. "I'm sure you'll love this omelette!" I took a sip of the milk and shot him a questioning look. "Wae?". He just smirked in reply and continued stirring his coffee. I pouted and put my glass on the table.        

               

       [Junhyung's POV]        

       She gave me a questioning look and asked me, "Wae?"        

       Because I made your favourite — ham and cheese. I want you to know that you mean so much, every single detail of you is etched in my heart.        

       I just smirked and stirred my coffee. She pouted before putting the glass down and taking a bite out of the omelette.         

       "OMO. Thish ish sho yummie!" she said while chewing. Aww, she's so cute.        

       "Yah, don't talk with your mouth full!" I said while digging in. She gave me a playful glare and sipped on her milk again. "So, do you need me to fetch you to work?" I asked. She shook her head and swallowed her food before replying, "Its just round the corner, I can walk by myself."        

       "You sure?"        

       "Yes, Yong ahjusshi!" she rolled her eyes.        

               

       [Minhee's POV]        

       I happily opened the door and beamed.         

       "Yong Omma! It's Minhee~" I called to the shop and she rushed out to greet me.        

       "Good morning Yong omma!" I bowed and greeted when I spotted her. "Good morning dear!" She said and hugged me. "What are we gonna do today?" I asked while walking around the shop.        

       "We're gonna double check the lyrics for a song. My son wrote it for his best friend's fiancée." she said. Why would her son write a song for someone else's fiancee? Instrad of questioning, I just nodded and awaited her instructions. Better keep my mouth shut.         

       She led me upstairs, and I found myself in a recording room. I looked around, feeling excitement bubble through me. "Yong omma, this is so cool!" I squealed. She chuckled and rested a hand on my shoulder. "You're the first person that I let up here other than my son."         

       "Thank you omma!" I said.        

       "Come here, take a look at the lyrics. Can you give some feedbacks?" she said while handing me a few sheets of paper.

Heart beats fast. Colors and promises. How to be brave, How can I love when I'm afraid to fall,  But watching you stand alone, All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow. One step closer.

I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more.

Time stand still, Beauty in all she is. I will be brave, I will not let anything Take away whats standing in front of me. Every breath, every hour has come to this, One step closer.

I have died everyday waiting for you, Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more.

All along I believed I would find you, Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more.

One step closer, One step closer.

I have died everyday waiting for you, Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.

All along I believed I would find you, Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.

        

               

       "Yong omma, the lyrics are beautiful! The girl who listens to this will be so touched! Your son is so talented." I smiled sincerely at her. She smiled back weakly and sighed.        

       "Yeah, I hope she can feel his love and concern for her. Even though her fiancé isn't with her, my son will still be there. He doesn't tell me, but I can tell that he loves her so much.. That's why when I tried to introduce you to him, he kept procrastinating..."        

       "Her fiance isn't with her...?" I asked hesitantly.        

       She looked at me with sad eyes. "Her fiancé passed away."        

       I felt dizzy all of a sudden.         

       This girl that shared the same fate as me, it all seems like a dream, so surreal. I always thought that I was the only one, but I'm not. She's so lucky to have someone who loves her. At least she won't feel that empty...        

       I felt my knees buckle beneath me, and Yong omma panicked. "Minhee, are you okay?!"        

       "I-I'm fine." I managed to breathe. "... It's just.. This girl is so lucky."        

       She nodded thoughtfully. "But when her fiancé left, it must've broke her heart. It's even painful to imagine. And I understand why my son is so concerned about this girl."        

       Suddenly, the emptiness and void I have been trying to avoid, came rushing back to me.        

       Kwang-ah, I miss you. Where are you?        

               

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        

       A/N: A LOOOONG UPDATE! :DD Please comment and subscribe!        

       The lyrics is from the song 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri.