Please Be Okay.

I'll Be Right Here With You.
        

       [Junhyung's POV]        

       We pulled up at the beach house and the two girls ran out of the car, screaming and shouting in excitement, leaving me to handle all the luggage myself.         

       "Thanks for offering your HELP, girls! But I'm perfectly FINE WITH STRUGGLING BY MYSELF!" I shouted while hurling the bags out of the trunk.        

       Hara turned to me and winked, while Minhee stuck her tongue out at me. I couldn't help but chuckle at their cuteness. While I was unloading the last few bags, I thought of what my omma had told me before we set off.        

       We bade my mother goodbye and walked towards the car. She suddenly pulled me back and whispered, "Junnie-yah, I have faith in you, don't lose your chance with Minhee, she's a great girl." I nodded and smiled, "Dont worry omma, I'll make her happy. I promised Gikwang too."         

       "Then Junnie, what about the song?" she asked. I patted her arm reassuringly. "I'll wait till the time is ripe, omma. Don't worry."        

       Minhee-ah, I'll wait for you.        

       "Junhyung?"        

       I'll stand by you until you let go of him.        

       "Uhm, Junhyungie oppa??"        

       Saranghae, Minhee-yah.        

       "YAH, YONG JUNHYUNG!"        

       I snapped out of my trance and stared at whoever just shouted at me.        

               

       [Minhee's POV]        

       Hara and I were checking the house out when she suggested going for a walk around the place to explore our environment.        

       "Let's go upstairs and check out the rooms first!" I said and dragged her upstairs.        

       Everything about this house is beautiful. There were two bedrooms upstairs, and we figured that Junhyung can have a room whilst Hara and I shared the other. We ran into the room and to our delight, there was a balcony that overlooked the peaceful sea.         

       "Minhee, our bags are still outside with Junnie.. I wonder what's taking him so long?" Hara asked while bouncing on the bed. "Let me go and check on him. Who knows, he might've fallen into a drain and died." I cringed at my sudden words. The idea of Death coming out of my mouth sounded so sinful, like I'm making a joke out of Gikwang's death. Hara sensed my discomfort and she laughed at my grim joke. "Yeah, you should check on him, Minhee-ah. I feel guilty for abandoning him!" I smiled at her words and proceeded to check on him.        

       I walked out of the house and there he was, with his back facing me. I scrunched my nose in confusion when I saw that the bags were on the ground, but he seemed like he was in a daze.        

       I stood beside him and called out, "Junhyung?"        

       He still had that BLANK look on his face.        

       I tried again. "Uhm, Junhyungie oppa?"        

       Still no response. Ugh. Time to use a more effective approach.        

       "YAH, YONG JUNHYUNG!" I screamed.        

       He flinched and stared at me.        

       "Ugh, FINALLY I get your attention." I said, throwing my arms in the air. "YAH, do you need to shout?!" he said while pinching my cheeks. I slapped his hands away. "Well, I wasn't the one who was daydreaming when he was supposed to help bring the bags in." I scoffed. He smacked my forehead and I scowled.        

       "Well thanks alot for offering some help!" he said while picking up all the bags from the floor. I huffed and stomped my foot. "Okay then, I'll help you. Jeez, you don't have to be so bitter about it." I said as I took a bag in my hand. "What do you think you're doing?" he asked as I was huffing and puffing. The bag is so damn heavy!         

       I rolled my eyes. "Well, what does it LOOK like I'm doing, Mr Thanks-Alot-For-Offering-Some-Help?" He grabbed the bag from me and leaned close to me, our faces only inches apart from each other. I felt my face heat up at the close proximity of our faces.        

       "You shouldn't be carrying heavy things like this. Your hands will get hurt." he said softly, his gaze ever so gentle. I've never seen this side of him before. It just feels so... so....        

       "Junnie! Minhee!" Hara ran towards us. He pulled away from me and I held my face and exhaled, suddenly aware that I was holding my breath for the past minute.         

       "There you are! What are you two doing standing there?! C'mon! We have a whole day ahead of us!" she said while pulling me along.        

               

       [Junhyung's POV]        

       I followed the two girls into the house and put the bags down. We got changed and headed to the beach.        

       I sat on the beach watching the two girls play in the water, occasionally chuckling at their craziness. They were splashing water at each other like little kids.        

       Hara got tired and came back, resting.         

       I cocked my head to the side and looked at her. "Minhee is draining your energy, huh?"        

       She nodded and groaned. "Yeah, I wonder where that girl gets all her energy from!"        

       We both chuckled as we watched her entertaining herself with the toddler that was also wading in the shallow water.         

               

       [Minhee's POV]        

       I was playing with the cute toddler when I spotted someone familiar.        

       Perfectly tousled brown hair, toned abs, eye-smile..        

       Gikwang.        

       There he was, standing in the middle of the sea, smiling at me. Just the thought of him being here at the same place with me felt so surreal. It was as if a hole in my heart had been mended.         

       I started walking towards him, but he frowned and held his hand up as a 'Stop' sign. I ignored it an continued wading deeper into the water.        

       The water slowly reached my waist, then my chest. He was frowning even more and slowly fading away. I tried to run, but instead, I tripped on something and felt a sting on my calf. I yelped in pain and felt the salt water sting my eyes.        

       The water was at my throat now and a huge wave was heading my direction. I couldn't move partly because I was paralysed with fear; and partly because the pain on my calf was too much for me to even move.        

       I saw him again. He was shouting, telling me to swim fast. He looked so worried, his beautiful feature were contorted with fear. But I couldn't move, not even one single bit.        

       Then, the waved swept over me, sending me swirling underneath. I tried to swim to the surface, but only in vain.         

       My calf was hurting, and I desperately needed air. In my mind's eye, I saw him.        

       He was dashing as ever, smiling that eye-smile of his. He was telling me to ignore the pain and kick for the surface. But I couldn't move — I couldn't feel my feet. I felt my lungs contract from the lack of air, and I became very light-headed.         

       Suddenly, a pair of arms swept me out of the water, and I was taken to the shore.        

               

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><        

       I hear voices. I hear someone crying. I hear someone screaming. But I can't make out what they are saying. I felt myself being carried. I wonder where to, but I couldn't move a limb.        

       All I could see is Gikwang, telling me that things will be alright, telling me not to worry, telling me to be brave.         

               

       [Junhyung's POV]        

       "Junnie... Look at Minhee! What the hell is she doing?!" Hara shouted and I opened my eyes.         

       Sure enough, she stopped playing with the toddler and started wading into the water, as if in a trance. Her body soon got engulfed as the water reached her waist. She started running towards something, but she tripped. The water is at her neck now, and I sprinted towards her, shouting her name, but she doesn't hear.        

       Then, a big wave buried her underneath, and I immediately jumped into the water. I couldn't find her, I couldn't see. I d around the water blindly, in hopes of finding her.        

       Then I felt something brush past me. And I grabbed her. Her body was limp, and she had her eyes closed. I swam for the surface and headed for shore. Hara was there, alerting everyone at the beach, calling the lifeguards. I put her on the sand and screamed her name.        

       "MINHEE! MINHEE AH! COME ON! WAKE UP!" I screamed as I pumped her chest.        

       No response.         

       I felt my tears well up as I tried harder.         

       "Minhee! ! WAKE UP NOW!"        

       Nothing.        

       I hear Hara sobbing, I felt myself on the brink of breaking down, too. My heart sank, it broke into pieces when she still didn't respond.        

       The lifeguards arrived and carried her onto a stretcher. I reluctantly let go of her and followed them.         

       Minhee. Please be okay. Please come back to me... Please be fine.. I love you too much to lose you, my love..        

               

====================================        

       A/N: Please comment and subscribe!! :D