Chapter 78

What if we are not...

Krystal is heading to home.  She is walking alone on the street and busily checking on her cell. She couldn’t hear the foot step that is following her.

 

A hand taps on Krystal’s shoulder from behind.

 

“Hey!” Minho greats.

 

Krystal startles “OMG!” She closes her eyes. “It’s you. My heart almost fell out”

 

“Want to go eat?”

 

“No thanks. I promised to eat at home with my mom” Krystal smiles politely.

 

“I bought two tickets for tonight movies. Want to go with me? It will start at 9p.m so you will have enough time to eat with you mom”

 

“You don’t have any friends to go with?”

 

“They are busy. It’s the last day for the Avengers. I want to watch so badly but couldn’t find time to go.”

 

“I’m sorry but I already have something to do”

 

“Like what? You don’t have school, you don’t work. What else do you have to do?”

 

Krystal is annoyed. “Listen. I don’t want to go so leave me alone” She goes past Minho and continues to look on her phone.

 

Minho sees Krystal texting “Stop texting with Amber” He steals the phone from Krystal’s hands

 

“What is wrong with you? Give me back my phone”

 

“She is not here anymore. You are free for me now”

 

“What?!?” Krystal is confused.

 

Minho grabs Krystal’s wrist. “You will love the movie”

 

“Ouch you are hurting me” Krytal says because Minho is holding her too tight.

 

Minho ignores and pulls Krystal to follow him.

 

“Let’s go of me and give me back my phone” Krystal tries to her hand.

 

Minho holds stronger and turns back.

 

Krystal can see the angry in his eyes. She feels something is wrong with Minho. So she talks gently “Can I have my phone back? At least I need to let my mom know that I’m not eating home. If she doesn’t see me she will be worry”

 

Minho thinks for a second and gives the phone back to Krystal.

 

Krystal squeezing her wrist to make Minho releases her hand. She turns around and dials a number. She acts like she is talking on the phone with her mom. In fact she lied to Minho. She doesn’t have to eat home with her mom. She knows Amber doesn’t like Minho so she tries to see him less than possible.

 

Krystal is planning to run to home. She is scared by the way Minho looks at her and the strength the he used to hold her wrist. She puts the phone on her ear.

 

“Hi Mom. Neh ?” Krystal pretends like the signal is not good so she steps away from Minho a little bit. “Neh? Neh It’s Krystal” She covers her other ear to make her act more believable. “Oh I’m with Minho, just let you know that I cannot eat home today.” She continues to steps away while talking.

 

Minho suspects something is wrong because Krystal is walking faster. He walks up to catch up with her.

 

Krystal speeds up her walk. She knows Minho is walking up. She starts running.

 

Minho is really mad. He knows she tricked and lied to him.

 

Krystal turns around and sees Minho is running up. Their distance becomes closer and closer. She turns back and speeds up; running her off. Only 500 meters more and she will be home. 

 

Within a few seconds later, Krystal suddenly receives a taps on her shoulder.

 

Minho steals the phone away. “Who are you talking with?” He puts the phone his ear and hears Amber’s voice. He immediately hangs up.

 

Minho throws the phone away.

 

Krystal wants to escape but Minho catches her and pushes her to the wall. “WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME?” Minho says out loud word after word.

 

Krystal is scared and panicked. “You are scarring me” Krystal says.

 

“We have to go to the theater.” He says and pulls Krystal walking. He has no more patience because Krystal always refused him for the numerous times he asked her out.

 

“NO! Let’s go off me I don’t want to go” Krystal says and pulls back.

 

Minho covers Krystal mouth and pulls her stronger.

 

Krystal wants to scream but she cannot. She is forced to walk under Minho control.

 

At the moment Yulsic car arrive. They want to give Krystal the ticket for Tae’s concert.

 

“Krystal? What is she doing with Minho?” Jessica asks. “She told me that she is heading home. Where is she going now?”

 

Yulsic see Minho forces Krystal in his car. He quickly gains his seat.

 

Yuri honks to notice Minho but he doesn’t stop his car. “Something is wrong” Yuri says. She drives to follow Minho’s car.

 

Jessica picks up the phone to contact Krystal. “Her phone is turned off” She remarks to Yuri.

 

“Babe dials Minho’s for me” Yuri gives her phone to Jessica. “Look up in my contact list, I have his number saved”

 

Jessica does like Yuri told. Minho doesn’t pick up

 

At the same time, Jessica’s phone is ringing. “Amber?” She answers the call.

 

“Unnie, I think Krystal is in danger. She was texting with me but she cut in the middle. Then she called me back and talked very strangely. I hear a male voice but couldn’t identify who it was. Then the call is cut. Unnie has Krystal told you about the incident at the club?”

 

Jessica is about to say Krystal is with Minho but the word incent catches her attention “What incident at the club?”

 

Yuri makes a quick glance at Jessica. She also wants to know what happened but she has to turn her look back to Minho’s car in order to not lose track of him.

 

“A guy wanted to hurt Krystal on the night we went clubbing with you.” She is scared to say that Krystal was almost rapped.  “He was the same guy who kidnapped me. He has the five Olympic rings tattooed on his neck. I think he wants to revenge now probably because we reported to the police and he couldn’t escape.”

 

“WHAT? Why you didn’t tell me something like this happened to her? Did she get hurt or not?”

 

“NO NO NO she was safe” Amber answers. “Minho came on time and saved Krystal that night”

 

“Minho? I just saw him forcing Krystal on his car. Yuri is trying to call him but he doesn’t pick up.”

 

“Minho was with Krytal? I thought it was the guy who kidnapped me. Unnie I just bought a fligt ticket online. I’ll arrive in Seoul tomorrow night at 8pm. Let’s keep in touch” Amber says and hangs up. She quickly packs her clothes to hit the airport immediately.

 

“I’m so confused now” Jessica tells Yuri.

 

“What is wrong?” Yuri asks

 

“Amber said the guy who kidnapped her also tried to hurt Krystal at the club. Minho saved Krystal at that time. But we just saw Minho using force toward Krystal”

 

“I’ve never seen him like that” Yuri says. “We need to catch up with them”

 

Yuri is trying to change the lane because Minho keeps changing from left to right in order to leave Yuri’s behind. She then sees Minho taking the highway. She immediately goes after him. She speeds up and honks again.

 

Minho sees Yuri’s car from the mirror. He is annoyed. He accelerates.

 

“It’s Yuri and Unnie” Krystal turns to scroll down the window of her seat. But it’s locked by Minho. The door is also locked.

 

“STAY STILL!!” Minho yells with his angry eyes. He sees Yuri’s catching up. He presses harder on the pedal.

 

Yuri rapidly changes the fast lane to follow Minho. She almost got hit by another car.

 

Minho drives in zigzag to make it harder for Yuri to change the lane.

 

Krystal sees Yuri is left far behind. She disturbs Minho driving. She is pushing his hand causing the driving become more dangerous.

 

Minho strongly pushes Krystal toward the car door so she would stay still.

 

Krystal’s back is hurt.

 

“The last time I cannot make Amber disappear, this time I won’t let you run away from me anymore” Minho says

 

“What?! Make Amber disappear? So you are the one behind the whole story?”

 

Minho smirks. “You will be mine” Minho says.

 

Krystal puts her hands on the transmission box.

 

“Are you crazy?” Minho pushes Krystal’s hand

 

Krystal grabs the steering wheel. The car hits with another car from the left lane. Minho’s car turns on the left side. Minho sees a car is coming up. Not even have time to react Minho’s side gets bumped. His car gets pushed for about 500m. It spins around facing other cars rcomming up. All the drivers are trying to break, but a truck is running so fast to be stopped so it hit on the head Minho’s car and bounces the top of where Minho is sitting. A couple of more cars also run into Minho’s side. It causes multiple crashes on the highway.

 

Krystal is frightened because Minho looks almost death. He body is badly injured and his head is stuck between the rooftop of the car and the steering wheel. He is bleeding hard. The truck is still on the top of the car. Minho could be death if the truck pushed down one more centimeter.

 

“A…ar..re you ok?” Krystal asks with a shaking voice to see if he is still alive. She doesn’t dare to touch him.

 

Yulsic’s car finally catches up. They immediately jump of their car.

 

Jessica covers because of shock. She worries for Krystal. She cries because the car is badly crashed out and deformed. She runs to ward Minho’s car and looks if Krystal is okay. She wants to save her sister.

 

Yuri grabs Jessica back. “NO Babe! It’s dangerous”

 

Krystal signal in side to not touched the car.

 

“But she is stuck inside” Jessica cries and looks at Yuri. She wants to open the door for Krystal.

 

“I called the police already. They will arrive in a second and help her out” Yuri says.

 

“But what if the car will explode?” Jessica asks

 

“No it won’t. Trust me” Yuri says but she is praying that the police will arrive soon. She wants to say Krystal too but if she touches the car, the truck will press down and Minho will be death.

 

The polices arrive in a second with the firemen and ambulances. They use the crane to pull the truck away and cuts Minho’s car to pull Krystal out and then Minho.

 

Jessica runs to hug with her sister. “Are you ok?” Jessica asks and checks the injuries. Both of them cry because of fear.

 

The ambulance man comes to check up Krystal. “I think your leg is broken. We will bring you to hospital to check up.” He wraps her with a cover and puts her on the trolley.

 

Yulsic also follows. Yuri calles Soo to let her know about Minho got into car accident. While Jessica is waiting for the Krystal. Yulsoo are talking with the doctor.

 

“How is Choi Minho?” Soo asks

 

“You are his related?” The Doctor asks.

 

“His parents are running business at oversea. They are rarely in Seoul. I’m his elder cousin”

 

“I advise the family to be prepared mentally. Many of his bones are cracked especially at the neck level. It’s very fortuned that he did die but the chance that he will recover is very lime. I’m afraid he would be paralyzed for the rest of his day.”