Chapter 65

What if we are not...

After sending Amber to the airport, Krystal went back home and sit sadly on her bed.

 

 

She is missing Amber already. Her legs are folding up to support her arms and chin. She understands that Amber needs to do the classification test but she is wondering if Amber will come back to Korea after. The possibility seems very slim because Amber will stay in the U.S. to pursue her studies.

 

 

*knock**knock*

 

 

“Neh!” Krystal answers. She sees her mom coming in.

 

 

Mrs. Jung knows Krystal is not very happy. So she comes to talk and console.

 

 

“Umma” Krystal greats.

 

 

Mrs. Jung sits down on the bed. She fixes the hair that is covering Krystal’s eye.

 

 

Krystal never cut her bang because Amber likes it long.

 

 

“Do you want to go on a trip with Mom?” Mrs. Jung asks.

 

 

Krystal shakes her head. She pauses for few seconds and ask. “Can I go study in the U.S too?”

 

 

“You want to study with Amber?” Mrs. Jung asks.

 

 

Krystal nods

 

 

“Honey, Amber is attending one of the best universities of the world. Even if we send you to another university than Harvard, how can you take care of yourself and studying in the same time? Plus, your Dad just rebuilt everything in Korea, we cannot afford for you to study in the U.S. for the moment”

 

 

“I’ll find a part time job and pay the intuition fees.”

 

 

“Still it’s easy to say but you will find it difficult to realise. The university cost in U.S is not cheap. If you put too much time to work, you will be tired and not able to study. And you should know that normally you are not good at school.”

 

 

“But Mom I really want to be with Amber”

 

 

“You really like Amber that much? Are you two dating?”

 

 

Krystal nods.

 

 

“Since when? Why didn’t you tell Dad and Me?”

 

 

“Well since a while. I wasn’t sure if you would object us.” In fact, Kryber started dating at their 13th. They both were afraid that their parents object because they were too young so they kept hiding their relation from the elders.

 

 

Mrs. Jung smile “Why should I object you two?  We know Amber and her family for so many years. She is like a family member to us. But let me know since when you started dating exactly?”

 

 

“Um…13th” Krystal mutters. She looks down to avoid her mom’s eyes.

 

 

“Aigoo…” Mrs. Jung slaps Krystal “That was why you were too poor at school huh?”

 

 

“Ouch! Mom, I was poor since kindergarten” Krystal rubs her .

 

 

“And you are not getting any better after” Mrs. Jung slaps again

 

 

“Euhumph mom what should I do?”

 

 

“To send you to the U.S is impossible. You should concentrate your studies here in Korea. We have found a university that teach in English for you, since your Korean is not that good.”

 

 

“How about Amber and Me?”

 

 

“You guys can keep contacting via internet and phone. If you do well in school, then we can meet Amber during spring break, holidays or something like that” Mrs. Jung wants to take advantage of the situation to make Krystal study harder.

 

 

“Just spring break and holidays? What about the summer vacation?”

 

 

“This summer doesn’t count. Don’t even try” Mrs. Jung glares at the mischievous Krystal. She slaps Krystal’s thigh and steps out of the room for preparing the dinner.

 

 

Krystal lies down on the bed. She is thinking about another way to go see Amber. She picks up her phone to log in facebook and write “Don’t ever try to flirt when I’m not around or you will be death fried” on Amber’s wall. Just a second later, Krystal receives many likes for the wall post from Kryber friends. They even tease Krystal by calling Amber “Honey come back to me”, “Amber baby, my house tonight! This is an order XD”

 

 

Then Krystal receives a message from Minho. He knows Amber is not in Korea because he saw Krystal check in at Gimpo Airport this morning. It’s his chance to approach and pursuing Krystal.

 

 

Minho @ Krystal : Hey Krystal, how are you

 

 

Krystal @ Minho: Not bad

 

 

Minho @ Krystal : Bored?

 

 

Krystal @ Minho: Kind of

 

 

Minho @ Krystal : It’s beautiful today, you don’t go out with Amber?

 

 

Krystal @ Minho: She flew back in the U.S

 

 

Minho @ Krystal : Why? Did you two have a fight?

 

 

Minho pretends that he doesn’t anything about Kryber but in fact he is monitoring them very closely.

 

 

Krystal @ Minho : No, she went back to study

 

 

Minho @ Krystal : So she is not coming to Korea anymore?

 

 

Krystal @ Minho : I don’t know.

 

 

Minho @ Krystal : Will you go to the U.S?

 

 

Krystal @ Minho : Maybe

 

 

Minho @ Krystal : When?

 

 

Krystal @ Minho: I don’t know yet. Why do you ask too many questions?

 

 

Minho @ Krystal : Sorry

 

 

Krystal @ Minho: Okay

 

 

Minho @ Krystal : Do you want to watch movie?

 

 

Krystal @ Minho: I’m not really in the mood. Sorry

 

 

Minho @ Krystal: About the last time, Amber was missing. Did she got back home safely?

 

 

Minho wants to know if Amber said something about the kidnaping

 

 

Krystal @ Minho: She fought with someone on the street and was very injured.

 

 

Minho @ Krystal: WOW. That is very serious. Did she know who it was? Could she recognize the guy?

 

 

Krystal @ Minho: She didn’t know who it was

 

 

Minho @ Krystal: You guys should report to the police

 

 

Minho just faking that he is really concern about Amber.

 

 

Krystal @ Minho: We already did. My dad and mom brought her to the police station. They recorded everything, even did the check up for her. I think they took a sample of her bloods and her clothe to find the fingerprint of the kidnapper or something like that.

 

 

Minho @ Krystal: Really? And the police didn’t ask her to stay for further investigation?

 

 

Krystal @ Minho: Well my dad explained that Amber has to take a test for the University in the U.S or she could miss the whole semester. He showed the acceptance letter from the University to the police. They understand the situation and since it’s not a mutter case, it was not necessary for her to stay.

 

 

Minho @ Krystal: I see. Hey I got something to do. Will talk to you another time

 

 

Krystal @ Minh: `k bye.

 

 

Minho @ Krystal: bye bye.

 

 

Minho is nervous since the police is now involved. He calls his employee in and gave him a big amount of money asking the employee to run off. He swears to taking care his employee’s family members. The employee understands when Minho use the word “Take care” it means in the bad way. The employee has no choice to do as Minho wants.  He is scared that something would happen to his family.