Chapter 40

What if we are not...

“Should I help you?” Tae asks.

 

“No no you are not allowed to be here” Fany says. She turns and pushes Tae out of the kitchen. She moves Tae to the living room. “Today you are the main character so you don’t need to do anything”

 

“We have already celebrated for me few days ago. Remember the night I was drunk at the club? Why should we do it again?” Tae asks.

 

“Well today is different. It’s to celebrate your last free day”

 

“My last free day?”

 

“Yep. The last day before you move to the dorm”

 

“Does it worth a celebration?”

 

“Absolutely! We must celebrate every single moment of your normal life so you can have a good memory of if before you start your new life. One day when you become famous you will be able to remember a day like today. Then you will say thank to me.” Fany explains. But in fact she just looks for any opportunity to get Tae come to her house. “Now sit here and wait for the foods” Fany pinches Tae’s nose which makes the last one ease back with a weird look.

 

“It will only be the two of us?” Tae shouts to Fany who has already reached the kitchen.

 

“ANYO! HYO TOLD ME SHE WILL BE A LITTLE BIT LATE. YURI & JESSICA ARE ON THEIR WAY” Fany shouts back. She really wishes that nobody will come because it will only be Tae and her. She is giggling inside while thinking about it. She realises that she must have thought about it earlier. Aishh babo!  Should I call Yuri and says that the dinner is called? Fany wonders if it’s too late.

 

“PPPANY AH! CAN I LOOK AT YOUR ALBUM?” Tae asks. She is curious about Fany life and also because nowadays everyone is taking digital and keeps on computer or their phone. It’s rare to see people keep album photo. She wonders who is in the pictures since Fany is not in very good term with manager Hwang.

 

“OK” Fany replies without thinking because she is still wonder about cancelling the dinner with Yuri.

 

Tae starts looking at the album after Fany’s permission. It must be Fany baby pictures with her mom. Tae guesses. She sees that every photo is preciously plasticized. There is on particular photo that catches Tae’s attention. She removes it from the album and goes asks Fany.

 

“Pany ah! What is this?” Tae shows behind Fany.

 

Fany is completely reddened when she notices her photo is in Tae’s hand. “YAAAAAAAAAAA! Give it back to me!” Fany says. It’s a baby photo but she still feels shy.

 

“NOPE!” Tae rapidly pulls back.

 

“YAAAAA! YOU CANNOT SEE IT”

 

“It’s too late I saw everything!” Tae shows her tongue to Fany. “Melrong~”

 

“YA!!” Fany drops her cooking and chasing after the dorky girl.

 

“Come take it if you can!” Tae hands it out and pulls it back just to tease Fany.

 

“Wait when I got it back. I’ll teach you a lesson.” Fany says. She tries to catch the photo back while Tae is putting it up and down, then left and right to dupe.

 

“It’s right here!” Tae puts it over her head.

 

Fany jumps to catch it but she is unbalanced and falls on Tae body. Both of them remain silence when their eyes meet.

 

Fany is on top of Tae. She can feel her ears are chancing color, they are becoming red. Her cheeks are also warm because she has never been that close to Tae. Especially now that their body touch each other, her desire to kiss Tae is becoming bigger.  Her eyes are staring at Tae’s lips. She wants to press on them so badly but she doesn’t have the courage to do. She was able kiss Tae once at the club when their eyes are blindfolded. But now she feels shy as Tae is staring at her. She wants to bend down a little bit more but ends up pushing back by reflex because she is tremble of nervous.

 

“HA! I GOT IT NOW!” Fany takes the photo back and stands up. She rapidly moves to the bookcase and puts the photo back in the album. She exhales to calm down. She startles when turning around and sees Tae standing very close to her. It’s only about two inches of space between them.

 

It’s really unexpected for Fany because it’s the first time she sees Tae making a move. Most of the time, Fany is the one to initiate the skin ship. She doesn’t dare to look in Tae eyes. She wants to step back in the kitchen but Tae presses on the bookcases to block. Fany moves one step back while Tae steps up. Her back is touching with the bookcase; she has no more room to move back.

 

Tae leans closer at every second. Fany closes her eyes as she doesn’t know what to do. Her body wants to move but her mind is saying to stay. She wants the kiss because she has been dreaming of this moment when Tae is the one who kisses her. Even her eyes are closed Fany can feel Tae is approaching because her face is warmed by Tae’s breath. Then, Fany feels a very soft skin posing on her lips for few seconds and it’s moving to adjust over .

 

Tae is moving closer making Fany’s head touches the bookcase.