chapter 26

What if we are not...

Sunny is bored after a long day of work. Instead of going to club like every night, she decides to bring some soju to Sooyoung’s house. Sunny guesses Soo is still awake because the light is on.  

 

Soo opens the door at the moment when Sunny is about to press the bell.

 

Sunny startles when she sees the blood stain on Soo’s nose. “What happened? Did you fight?”

 

Soo cover her nose. “It’s nothing. Don’t worry” Soo wants to step out.

 

“Let me see” Sunny removes Soo’s hand.

 

“Don’t worry. It’s not too serious.” Soo eases back by reflex because she is afraid that Sunny would touch at her pain.

 

“How come it’s not too serious? You bled. Show me your first aid kit. Let me wash off the remaining blood for you.” Sunny pulls Soo inside of the house.

 

“Wait wait! The kit is in my car.”

 

Soo goes get the first aid kit in her car. She wants to clean the wound by herself but Sunny insists to help.

 

“Aiii”

 

“Stop moving”

 

“But it hurts”

 

“Then don’t fight”

 

“But she started it first. I have to protect y…” Soo says in defense herself. But she stops speaking because she doesn’t want Sunny to know that the fight was with Yuri.

 

“To protect me” Sunny guesses what Soo wants to say. “You fought with Yuri. Right?” Sunny stops cleaning the blood. She looks at Soo to confirm the answer.

 

“How can you tell?”

 

“I know I have a lot of haters. But the only one you might know and dare to fight with is probably Yuri. “ Sunny applies the blemish cream on the wound

 

“Aiiiiii Tsskkkk” Soo yells

 

“Bear with it a bit” Sunny holds Soo’s head. “Did she say something harm about me?”

 

Soo doesn’t want to let Sunny know in case it hurts Sunny feeling.

 

“Did she say something about my height?” Sunny asks

 

Long time ago, Sunny and Yuri were best friends. They did the school projects together. But one day, Yuri was on a high mood. She unintentional joked about Sunny short legs. Sunny took it very badly because she had concern about her height. Sunri fought. They didn’t talk to each other after. Yuri didn’t want to apology because it was just for fun, plus the joke didn’t sound that offended. Sunny then removed Yuri name in the projects that they supposed to do together. Yuri failed her year. Yuri reported to the principal of the school, he made both Yuri and Sunny failed. Sunri then became enemies. Yuri thinks she is smarter than Sunny. Sunny thinks Yuri couldn`t do anything without her helps. They started to compete with each other.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

In a bathroom, Yoona seems to be in deep thoughts. Her eyes are fixing at the mirror but she doesn’t see Seo has been standing behind for a while.

 

Seo notices that Yoona seems unfocused after what happened at the club. Seo has a feeling that Yoona is still thinking about Yuri. Staring at Yoona in the silence, she wants to hug Yoona from behind. She wants to let Yoona know about her presence. She wants to tell Yoona Please stop thinking about Yuri. But she doesn’t say it out. She doesn’t want to mention anything about Yuri because she is afraid that it makes Yoona sadder.

 

After that night at the club, Seo takes Yoona on vacation because Yoona didn’t want to get back at work. Seo hopes the trip would cheer Yoona up. But it’s still too hard to get rid of the sadness in Yoona mind.

 

Yoona is suffering of lovesick. She barely speak, she barely eat. She doesn’t pay attention. She only thinks. It can’t continue like that.Seo thinks.

 

“Yoongie!” Seo calls. She pokes Yoona. “Wake up!” Seo decides to make Yoona back to her sense

 

“Huh?” Yoona lifts her eyes up. She sees Seo in the mirror. “Is there anything?”

 

“Are you done preparing?  You have been standing here for an hour already.”

 

“Ah yes. Mian” Yoona puts back her stuffs in the cosmetic case. “Where are we going today?”

 

“We are in Busan here. Of course we will go to the beach! It would be a miss if we don’t go at least one time”

 

20 minutes later, Yoonhyun arrive at the beach.

 

“Woah!! What a beautiful day! The sky is sunny. The sea is so blue and clear” Seo stretches her arms.  

 

Yoona nods. She covers her eyes from the sun.

 

“Hum, it should be a good to test the goguma cream after the suntan!” Seo says

 

Yoona smiles at the funny idea.

 

Oh she finally smiles. Seo notices.

 

“Hey want to bet?” Seo asks

 

“About what?”

 

“We run from here to that place where the seagull stays. Who lost the run has to be covered by goguma on her entire body!”

 

“Are you serious? You are going to do the experimentation her?”

 

“Yes! 3…2…1 GO!” Seo runs off

 

“YA! SEO JUN HYUN! YOU CHEATER!!!” Yoona also runs after Seo.

 

Seo speeds up when Yoona starts to run. She wants to win over Yoona because she thinks it must be fun to cover Yoona body with goguma.

 

Yoona speeds up as she could but Seo is too far and too fast. Yoona trips because of her shoes. She falls on the sand.

 

At that moment Seo turns back to check, she sees Yoona sit on the sand. She couldn’t see Yoona’s face but she feels that Yoona is crying. Seo is worry, she runs back.

 

“Yoona?”

 

Yoona lifts her head up with tears.

 

Are you thinking about Yuri again?  Seo pulls Yoona’s head on her shoulder. She hugs Yoona to comfort the girl.

 

She stands up with Yoona. “Don’t worry. I’m here” Seo pats Yoona’s head.

 

Yoona stops sobbing. “Thank you”

 

“No need to say thank” Seo wipes Yoona tears

 

Yoona holds Seo hands. “Of course I need to thank you because YOU LOSE!” Yoona runs off with all her speed toward to finish line.

 

“YA! IM YOONA!!! HOW COULD YOU TRICK ME!”

 

Yoona shows her tongue to Seo.

 

Yoona tricks Seo was true but her crying was also true. The sudden fall was painful. But it was like a drop in a full glass of water. The pain allows Yoona to release all the frustration that she has been holding.

 ===============

A/N : Hey hey readers. tomorrow I`ll try to update the rated version of the previous chapter aka Yulsic scene . I`ll put the link somewhere else instead of including it in this fic becaus you know some readers here are under age. So I just don`t want to affect their pure mind XD I`ll let you know when the rated chap is available. Thank you for your support! *bow*bow* :D