Chapter 54

What if we are not...

“Why Amber has not comeback?” Mrs. Jung is worrying.

 

“I tried to call her, but she is not answering” Krystal says.

 

“Could she be lost?” Mrs. Jung asks

 

“The corner store is not that far thought” Krystal says.

 

“You better go look for her.” Mr. Jung says. He finishes the breakfast and rushing out to go work. “I can drop you at the corner store if you want.”

 

Krystal nods and runs after Mr. Jung. They take the car. Mr. Jung drives Krystal up to the store and says. “Just look around here and don’t go too far because you are not familiar with the streets either. If there is anything call me or Mom. Ok?”

 

“Ok Dad.”

 

“Bye sweetheart”

 

“Bye bye”

 

Mr. Jung waits until Krystal goes in the store then he drives away.

 

Krystal asks the store cashier “Anyoeng haseyo. May I ask you a question?”

 

“Sure” The cashier answers

 

“Have you seen this person?” Krystal shows the picture of Amber that she has saved in the cell phone.

 

“Uhmm maybe I’m not sure.” The guy answers.

 

“She doesn’t speak Korean very well.” Krystal gives a hint incase it could help the cashier to remember.

 

“Hum most of our customers come to buy what they need and go after paying. They rarely speak. But this girl…”

 

“I think I’ve seen her.” Another cashier answers.

 

“Did she come here? Which direction did she go after?” Krystal asks.

 

“I live near here so this morning on my way to come to work, I think I saw her with a guy. He actually helped her to get in a car.” The second cashier tells Krystal.

 

“A guy helped her to get in a car? Do you know if she was hurt or something? Which way did they go?” Krystal asks.

 

“Um I think she fainted or something. I saw her walking but she didn’t seem to be conscious. I think they went to that direction”

 

“Are you sure of what you are saying?” Krystal asks.

 

The second cashier nods.

 

“Thanks!” Krystal rushes out of the store.

 

Krystal goes to the direction that the cashier pointed. She doesn’t know where to look in the middle of crowd like this. She looks practically at everything. She looks in every stores and every single car stationed along on the street. She wishes she should have asks the cashier how the car look like or at least which color it was.

 

“Amber Josephine Liu where could you be?” Krystal starts to become more and more worried.

 

Krystal hears a honk. The car stops beside her. It’s Minho

 

“Krystal? Where are you going?” Minho asks. He knows that Krystal is looking for Amber because he has been stalking Krystal from her home. He pretends to meet Krystal by coincident and want to help her looking for Amber so Krystal would not suspect him.

 

“I’m looking for Amber.” Krystal says.

 

“What is wrong? You do not look very good. Did you guy have a fight?” Minho asks.

 

“No. She went out early this morning but has not returned home yet?”

 

“Is she lost somewhere? Have you tried to call her.?”

 

“Yes. I did several times. Nobody pick up. It’s rare that she is not answering phone especially when it’s from me.”

 

“So what will you do in order to fin her? Will you just walk around like this?”

 

“My Dad told me to not look for too long and call him. I think if we still cannot find Amber, he would report to the police”

 

Of course Minho doesn’t want to police to be implied because they may find out that he involved in the case. “Well the police will not do anything if she is not missing for more than 48 hours.” Minho says. “Let’s look around a little bit more. Maybe she is just somewhere nearby.”

 

Minhoproposes. He wants to extend the time for his employee to maltreat Amber a little more before returning her home.  

 

“Where should I look? This area is so big. It will take a day if we have to look at every store” Krystal desperately says.”

 

“Amber will not be able to go further than this area right? Let’s look together. I’m sure four eyes are better than two. Right?”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes. Let me make a call. I’ll be with you shortly.” Minho scrolls up the window of his car so Krystal would not be able to see what he is saying.

 

He dials to the employee. “Where are you?”

 

“Boss.I’m in a warehouse. It’s very far from Seoul”

 

“Beat her up as much as you can. Then drop her somewhere. Be careful that nobody notices you.” Minho orders and hung up. He gets out of the car like nothing happened. “Let’s go to this way” Minho says. He puts his hand at Krystal back and points at the opposite sidewalk.

 

“We have note done with this side yet” Krystal sasys

 

“Let’s go up by the other side and come back by this side. Then we will take my car to look around if we still cannot find her.” Minho says. He pulls Krystal’s wrist. He wishes to catch her hand but then he thinks Krystal would find it weird. So he just holds her wrist. He would look for the chance to touch Krystal more. It’s for sure. But he decides to be patient. The more he looks at her the more he wants to squeeze her in his arms. At least for now, he succeeds to touch her back without rejection.

 

Minhoand Krystal are walking the streets for about three hours. They look in the music store since Amber cannot read Korean, she would go to any book store. They look in the café, restaurant and even in the park. But there is not sign of Amber. Then Krystal recalls what the cashier told her earlier about seeing Amber. “Minho, earlier when I talk to someone who has seen Amber. The guy said that he saw someone Amber fainted and a guy help Amber to get in a car. Could it be that they went to a hospital? Because if Amber is lost, she can call me. But she is not responding to my call.”

 

 “Or maybe or phone is out of battery” Minho says. He gets angry because his employee is too careless. “But it doesn’t harm to look around the hospital.”

 

Krystal nods.

 

“If it’s not something serious they may go to some clinic too” Minho says. “Do you want to look over there too?”

 

“If we see one on the route, yes. Still let go to look around the hospital”

 

 

Then Minho and Krystal spend about five to six more hours to search around the hospital and clinics.

 

Minhois not really looking. He just follows Krystal and look for the chance to hold her hand more than making effort to ask for Amber.

 

In the parking lot of the hospital, when they walk together, Minh makes Krystal walk on the road reversed for the emergency car. As Minho has expected, an ambulance is coming up in the rush. He quickly pulls Krystal to his arms and loops the car. He smirks with satisfaction. He finally hugs the girl he is dreaming for. He smells her hair. It’s scent so fresh for him. His is envious to kiss her so badly.

 

But Krystal pushed Minho out because she feels weird. “Um… thanks”

 

Minhosmiles brightly “That’s nothing”

 

Krystal hears her cell phone ringing. She picks up “Oma?”

 

“Oh Krystal, pali come back home. Amber got back.”

 

“ REALLY OMA?!!! WHERE HAS SHE BEEN? WHY DID SHE GET BACK THAT LATE”

 

“She is injured. I just put her to bed. Pali come home now”

 

“NEH OMA I’M COMING RIGHT A WAY!!” Krystal hangs up. She runs up to the taxi already parked in the hospital parking lot. She is so in the rush that she doesn’t even say anything to Minho before leaving.

 

 

 

==============

 

a/n : for my deary lovey super cutie readers XD lol prepare yourself for the drama but but REMEMBER I said HAPY ENDING FOR THE COUPLES OKIE so dont worry for the RF couples.