Chapter 34

What if we are not...

Jessica just arrives in the new place with her family. It’s a two levels house, 3 bedrooms, one master bedroom for the parents and 1 room is using as office for Mr. Jung. Jessica immediately picks the largest bedroom with a walking closet for her clothes collections. She expects to fight over that room with her little sister but strangely Krystal didn’t say anything.

 

Jessica observes her little sister for a while and decides to ask Amber. She pulls the last one to a corner when Krystal is busy unpacking her stuff.

 

“Is anything wrong with Krystal? She has been quiet these days.”

 

Amber is looking for a lie “She just feels a bit tired”

 

“Tired? She looks more like a bit sick for me. What did you do to her?” Jessica gazes at Amber

 

“Huh? I..I..I…I’ve done nothing” Amber shakes her head “Please don’t misunderstand”

 

“Really? Why are you babbling?”

 

“No no really. We probably shouldn’t stay up too late”

 

“You stay up too late? What do you have to do to stay up late?”

 

Amber is sweeting. She is scratching her neck.

 

Jessica read’s Amber body language. “Now you look nervous to me”

 

Amber is trying to find an answer that will not hint Jessica about what happened at the club. “We just fought”

 

“You fought about what?”

 

Amber gulps “She wanted to club but I didn’t let her go so she is upset about me”

 

Jessica is still doubt about Amber’s answer. But it seems plausible to her that Krystal could ask to club. “It’s my mistake to let her go once so now she is asking for more. You should never let her go to club ok? It’s not a place to anyone and she is easy to entice.”

 

Amber nods. “I got it”

 

“Go help her unpacking the stuff.”

 

Jessica still feels something is wrong with Krystal. Is she really down because of the club? Jessica wonders. But she receives a call from Sooyoung.

 

“Yeongboseyo?”

 

“Hi Jessica. It’s me Sooyoung.”

 

“Oh Hi Sooyoung”

 

“Are you busy? Can you come out for a bit?”
 

 

“Um...I’m in the middle off my moving house but I can save it for later.”

 

“Ok let meet at the Starbucks near Myeong Dong Center.”

 

“Ok see you then”

 

 

 

“Jesscia!” Sooyoung waves

 

Jessica also waves back but she stops for a second when she notices someone sitting next to Sooyoung.

 

“Hi Sooyoung” Jessica greets she also waves to Sooyoung’s friend.

 

“Sunny this Jessica. She is Yuri friend as I told you. I don’t think you have met her before” Sooyoung says

 

Sunny? Is she the person Yuri talked about? Jessica remembers Yuri told her to not meet with Sunny but it’s not like she can just dash off right away.

 

“I saw her once; it was at the club and we got kissing game that night. But I don’t think we had introduced ourselves.” Sunny replies. Even if Yuri and she are enemies, Sunny doesn’t want to affect innocent people in their fight. She still wants to meet with Jessica because of her talent.

 

“Nice to meet you” Sunny shakes hand with Jessica.

 

“Nice to meet you. I’m Jessica Jung” Jessica replies politely.

 

“Sooyoung brought your portfolio to me and I’m very impressed about your talent.”

 

“Ah yeah. It was done for my graduation project so it’s limited to a theme. I should have added more of my drawings in”

 

“I expect you will have this kind of answer. It’s common from someone who do not have work experiences”

 

“Ah yeah. Do could you tell”

 

“People who do not have experiences are worry that their portfolio does not show all of their talent. But in the view of the employer, the portfolio talks a lot about how talented and how creative a person could be.”

 

Jessica and Sooyoung listen carefully to Sunny.

 

“The theme that you have to respect in that portfolio is your limitation and the work that you have done is your creativity. The final result is your drawings and they show how creative you could be even if you were limited within a theme. It’s very important when you work the entertainment industry because you may have to create pieces of cloth base on the idea of the music video or the stage concept, etc.” Sunny continues her points of view.

 

“Sunny actually want to hire you as stylist for SME, more specifically she wants you to be Taeyeon’s stylist.” Soo explains to Jessica.

 

“You are offering me the position of stylist? Really? Because I heard that people have to have many years of experiences before working as a stylist” Jessica asks.

 

“I will not let you be the stylist of our famous starts because their images are already set and their fans are used with those images. However, Taeyeon is a brand new artist. There are a lot of room for you to try. Since I personally discover Taeyeon, I’ll be in charge to promote her. So everything about her will have my review. Do not think that I’ll let you work alone and let you dress her like you want.” Sunny explains.

 

“It’s a very good opportunity for you.” Soo says

 

“I know but…” Jessica says

 

“What still make you hesitate?” Sunny asks

 

Jessica really wants to accept but she still think about what Yuri told her. She doesn’t know Yuri and Sunny can’t stand each other yet, but she feels bad to meet with Sunny when Yuri didn’t want to.

 

“Did someone tell you bad things to make you hesitate to work for me?” Sunny asks. She somehow guests Yuri must say something to Jessica.

 

“No. It’s not that” Jessica answers

 

“Then you don’t have enough confident?” Soo asks

 

“No no I’m very thrilled about the offer. But can you give me some time to think about it?” Jessica asks Sunny.

 

“The reason why I absolutely want to meet with you today is because we don’t have much time. I need the first concept to be out in 1 month for Taeyeon. So we need to work together as soon as possible.” Sunny says “Here is the contract. I’ll let you think until tomorrow but I have to get your final decision for Monday. So I could look for other stylists”