Chapter 10

The Bet

"Channie~ Did Shinwoo hyung hurt you in any way? Did he bully you?" Sandeul asked,looking at Gongchan worriedly.

Gongchan chuckled as he scanned through the plastic bags full of food. "I'm good hyung.CNU hyung did nothing~ Why are you so worried about me?You should take care of Baro hyung." Gongchan teased.

Baro,who is eating ice-cream,spat out some and look at Gongchan with wide eyes. "Y-yah!" Gongchan just smirked and continue searching for food like a puppy that he is.

"Oooh~rice cakes!" Gongchan pulled out a packet of spicy rice cakes from the plastic bag.

"I bought the rice cakes especially for the maknae." Baro voiced out,proudly.

"Oh? Komawo,hyung~" Gongchan cooed. "Since hyung bought it especially for me,hyung get to have the first bite." Gongchan take out one and give it to Baro.

Apart from Sandeul the glutton,everyone knows Gongchan is a big eater. Cause he is still growing,he eats anything and sometimes,he hates sharing. He will have the first bite first before sharing with anybody. Baro stared at Gongchan in disbelief.

"Come on,Hyung~" Gongchan insisted even after Baro shoved it away.

Then,an idea strucked Baro.He smirked. "Let's bite it together.So you'll have the first bite too." Gongchan agreed,falling for the bait.

Baro can feel the glares the others are giving him but he just brush it off. 'Maknae is mine. And mine only.' Baro thought to himself.

The maknae was excited but he suddenly stop and his smile faded.

"Chankaman...But won't Deullie hyung get jealous..?I don't want Deullie hyung to hate me..."

Baro grunt. "Channie,for the last time, Sandeul and I are just f-"

"Ne,I'm jealous." Sandeul cut off Baro.

Both the rapper and the maknae stared at the lead singer. Jinyoung who is stuffing food into the cabinet stop and stare at Sandeul too. Sandeul is glaring at Baro and that instant Baro knows that Sandeul is jealous because of him. Not because of Gongchan. But the maknae thinks otherwise. He quickly back away from Baro.

"M-mianhae,Deullie hyung..:" he spoke softly. "Eat it,Baro hyung." He continued.

Baro glared at Sandeul for ing but Sandeul just smirked. Sandeul knows that whatever he is doing,it is just making the maknae thinks he likes Baro. But if he can't have the maknae,no one can.

Gongchan then sat at a corner,eating his rice cakes. He felt guilty because he thought he had made the lead singer angry. He shove the rice cakes one by one till his mouth is full and it looks as if his cheeks will burst anytime. Jinyoung,who have been observing the maknae,knows that the maknae is upset. He walks towards Gongchan and sat beside him.

"Slow down,Chansik,or you'll choked."

Gongchan stop stuffing himself and sigh. He rest his head on Jinyoung's shoulder as he chews slowly.

"Just so you know maknae,Sandeul is not angry at you...and he does not love Baro as more than a friend or brother. It's not him." Jinyoung assured him.

Gongchan swallowed hard and speak; "But...isn't it obvious? and Deullie hyung said himself that he is jealous! And if he's not angry at me,then he is angry at Baro hyung. And then they'll fight. All because of me!" Gongchan said,looking at the leader,teary eyed.

"Channie,don't think that way! If only you knew..." Jinyoung tried to reason out.

But Gongchan won't listen. He pass the packet of rice cake to the leader and stand up. "Not hungry." he simply said before going into the room.

"Gong Chansik!" the leader called out but Gongchan has closed the door. Jinyoung sigh. CNU then sat beside Jinyoung,eyeing the rice cakes.

"Don't you dare,hyung. These are my baby's!" Jinyoung said,standing up,walking towards the bedroom door.

"Channie,open up." Jinyoung knocked on the door.

There was no response. "Channie,jebal.." Jinyoung tried again.

"I'm asleep." The voice from inside said.

"Channie,if you're asleep,you won't answer me." Jinyoung said.

Once again,no response. The frustrated leader gave up. He turn around and face the others. "It's your fault." He hissed at Sandeul.

Sandeul sigh and stand up. "Chansik...it's Deullie hyung..Open up."

There was no response.

"Channie,don't make me bring this door down." Sandeul said,in a stern voice.

There was some shuffling and the door was unlocked. Sandeul went inside and locked the door behind him. Gongchan is at the top bunk,wearing his headphone,listening to music loudly. Sandeul climb on the bed's ladder and make himself comfortable beside the maknae. The maknae pretended that the lead singer isn't there.

"Channie..." Sandeul began. He take off Gongchan's headphone and put it aside. "i'm not mad at you...or Baro. okay,maybe a little on Baro."

Gongchan pretended to play around with his fingers.

"But it's not because I'm jealous because of you. I was jealous with Baro because the cute maknae gave him the first bite....why not me?"

Gongchan look up and make eye contact with the older one.

"Chincha,hyung..?"

Sandeul just nod. "And really. Baro and I are just brothers,best friends.Nothing more."

"B-but..."

"It's not him who I love." Sandeul cut off the maknae.

The maknae think about it and sigh. "Arasso,hyung...mianhae for teasing you and Baro hyung..."

Sandeul let out a sigh of relief. Finally,Gongchan believes him. Sandeul ruffles the maknae's hair.

"Come on,finish up your food and we'll have a horror movie marathon,arasso?" Sandeul said,climbing down the bed.

The maknae followed suit,excitedly. As Sandeul was about to open the door,the maknae spoke up making the lead singer froze.

 

"Hyung,do you love me...?"

 

Sandeul turned around to face the maknae with a nervous smile plastered on his face.

"O-of course I love you..."

Gongchan took a step forward. Sandeul stumbled backwards.

" no hyung..I mean...do you LOVE me..?" Gongchan asked,stressing on the word love.

Sandeul gulped nervously. He didn't expect Gongchan to figure it out this quickly.

"W-what do you mean,Channie..." Sandeul chuckled nervously,pushing Gongchan away lightly.

But Gongchan got hold of Sandeul's wrist and pull Sandeul towards him. Sandeul let out a soft gasp.

"Hyung..." Gongchan called him lightly. Gongchan gaze at his hyung longingly and Sandeul can feel his cheeks starts to feel the heat.

"Lee Junghwan Hyung." Gongchan said.

Sandeul's heart began to beat fast. Never in his life have his  heart beat this fast when a person calls his real name. Well,apart from his Umma. Sandeul slowly makes eye contact with the maknae...

"Yah!Food is getting cold!" CNU said at the other end,knocking on the door repeatedly.

Gongchan slowly released his hyung and walks out of the room leaving Sandeul confused. What was Gongchan about to do? Was that the innocent maknae everyone knew?

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Have you guys watched the MV?? :DDD

another chapter is up! ^^

 

 

Subscribe and comment~