Another School Play?

Beauty and the Beast School Play

Author's Note: I know I don't have a poster yet, but I already made a request on it yesterday. So expect to see any changes on the story, I think you guys will LOVE it!! Oh yes, I did make some changes on the Forewords, so look back at it in order for you to understand what's going on!
--------------------------------------
blah, blah, blah means that someone's thinking
--------------------------------------
-In Bum Mi’s POV-
“Okay everyone, I have an important announcement to make!” the teacher said once she came into the classroom and held up a clipboard with a blank chart on it. What the heck is she doing now?

We continue to stare at our teacher for her to proceed, “We will have another play! But this time it is ‘Beauty and the Beast!’”

“What?” said Yoona. “Already planning another one?”

“It’s been 3 whole months since we last played ‘Romeo and Juliet’ right?” said the teacher.

Yoona kept quiet as the teacher said, “See, I told you!” the teacher said with self-satisfaction. Since when did the teacher started to gloat at my classmates?

“Alright, like what we did on ‘Romeo and Juliet’ who do you think will be the leading boy and girl in this show?” the teacher said.

“Can we do Yoona and Taecyeon again?” said one of the female students.

“No, we already did them last time remember? Are there any volunteers?” in an instant, students started to raise their hands.

I didn’t want to raise my hand because I know that in one of those scenes, you HAVE to kiss the main guy. The teacher doesn’t accept fake kissing or a smooch on a cheek, it has to be a real kiss. I sunk in my seat just thinking about that. What if it is a guy you don’t like or know?

“Bum Mi! You’re the leading lady!” said my teacher.

“Huh?” was it me or did I hear myself being the leading lady?

“You hear me! You’re the leading lady of ‘Beauty and the Beast’” said my teacher.

“WHAT?!” I yelled, “H-how? I didn’t hear anyone voting or arguing…”

“Well, since you didn’t raise your hand you are chosen. And besides, you rarely took a leading role. You only pick the minor roles. You wanted to be an actress; does actresses chose the minor role? No, they take the lead role,” my teacher said.

“Ah, I guess I have no choice…” I gave up. I really do want to be an actress once I leave this university.

“Good… now who wants to be the leading man in this story?” guys in my class started raising their hands.

“Hmm… okay how about Jaejoong shi?” said the teacher. “He hasn’t gotten a lead role either right?”

Jaejoong nodded, “Yes, I want to experience being a lead role in a play”

He’s so brave, braver than me of course. Jaejoong’s never shy; in fact he’s always open to people and even new ones. He’s too gentle and soft, that’s why I love him so much. Why didn’t I confess you ask? Well, it’s because I’m scared that he might reject me and all.

“Okay, now that we got the leading lady and guy. Who wants to be Mrs. Potts?” said my teacher.

“Oh, I will!” said Yoona who offered it. The teacher nodded and wrote down something on the clipboard. Probably the roles we will have.

“What about Chip, Mrs. Potts’ son?” said the teacher.

“I will!” said one of the male students.

“What about Gaston? Oh, I bet Choi Seung Hyun can be good at it!” said the teacher and wrote it down.

Choi Seung Hyun or TOP as we called him has always been having a role who is the bad guy in the story. Plus, he even has the looks of an evil bastard!

One by one, each student in the class volunteers a role in the ‘Beauty and the Beast’ play. After all of the characters were done, the teacher passes out the script book of the play. Once everyone got their books, I scanned thoroughly in the book and realized that there are some songs I have to sing aloud. (Bum Mi doesn’t watch Disney Movies but has heard of them before) Since when do characters in the story have to sing?! I don’t even know if I have that voice! I also noticed that in some parts of the script, there are some magical events like the Beast transform into a handsome prince after Belle (which is me) confessed to him. Then I wonder, how in the world can we make the Beast transform into a prince without using any magic? We don’t have magic powers, do we?

So many questions run in my head until I heard my teacher saying, “First things first are that we need to make sure that we all know how to sing in order for this play to become successful”

The students in my class picked up their stuff and went to the auditorium to practice our singing. Unfortunately, when we arrived the empty auditorium, I was asked by my teacher to go first since I’m “The Leading Lady”.

I sighed and nervously went on the stage and stare at my teacher as she started to play music. I automatically knew the song; it was 98 degrees “You are my Everything”. I started to sing along and when it was halfway, the teacher stopped and clapped.

“Wow, you’re really great at singing Bum Mi,” she smiled at me.

“R-really?” I said nervously. Was it really good? I’m only good at singing when I’m at home alone.

“Yes!” my teacher said to me, “Now next is Jaejoong!”

I walked off the stage and saw Jaejoong walking up towards me to go to the stage. As we walked pass each other, I hear him say “Nice voice Bum Mi…” I blushed automatically. Once I was off the stage, I went towards a random seat in the auditorium and sat down on a chair. The music went on again but this time was Michael Jackson’s “You are not Alone”. Oh. My. God. He sang like an angel! His soft voice ranged in my ears and I automatically started to day dream about his voice.

“Okay, that’s good enough Jaejoong shi, thank you!” said the teacher before she let Jaejoong off the stage.

Once Jaejoong was off the stage, he immediately sat right next to me. Wait, next to ME?!

“Hey Bum Mi,” said Jaejoong.

“Hey Jae, what’s up?” I asked him.

“Ah, nothing much. What about you?” he asked me the same question.

I shrugged, “Nothing special…”

Suddenly, we were silent. I don’t like it when there’s silence between us so I started talking again, “Do you think that this play will be a success?”

“Yeah, I’m sure of it…” said Jaejoong.

“Oh…” was all I said. I couldn’t keep a good conversation with him. Maybe it’s because of my nervousness around him?

“Hmm… looks like TOP can’t sing…” Jaejoong muttered to himself.

“Huh?” I looked up and saw that TOP left the stage and went out since he can’t sing. He didn’t look mad or anything, he just shrug it off like ‘Okay, I don’t have it…’ and leaves.

“I can take as Gaston!!” someone yelled out.

Jaejoong and I looked over to where the voice was at. It turns out to be Micky Yoochun who is Jaejoong’s friend. He walked over to the stage and the music soon . He started singing and I was amazed at how Yoochun sings! The music stopped at halfway as the teacher congratulates him on taking the role as Gaston.

“Hey Jaejoong?” I asked.

“Yeah?” he looked at me.

Oh gosh, his innocent brown eyes killed me! “U-um… do all… of y-your friends… sing?” I asked nervously.

“Yeah, they can. We practice by singing along some songs we like… why did you ask?” Jaejoong said.

“I’m just curious…” I said.