The Date

Beauty and the Beast School Play

Author's Note: Just so you know, this chapter is not making the story flow fast. Hope you enjoy it : )
-----------------------
blah, blah, blah means that someone is thinking or in thought.
-----------------------
-In Bum Mi’s POV-
The weekdays went by pretty quick. I don’t know why, maybe it’s because I was thinking about the date Jaejoong and I are having.

“Alright since you are going on a date with Jaejoong oppa, let’s go to the mall right now!” said Yoona once Theater Acting class is over.

Before I can oppose, she dragged me out of the backstage and out of the auditorium. She continued to dragged me around the campus until we reached to the student parking garage. Once we were there, we ran a flight of stairs until we arrived at the 3rd floor. Yoona spotted her car and pulled me towards it. Once at Yoona’s car, she unlocked her car and pushed me in the seat. Without thinking, I buckle up my seatbelt as Yoona walked around her car and sat on the driver’s seat. The engine started up and we left the parking garage in no time.

-At Seoul’s Red Bird Mall-
We were in the 59th Street store. Yoona was looking around at the dresses section and surveyed around to see which one suits me. She grabbed some dresses that she thinks it looks cute and shoves them into my arms. For about 25 minutes, Yoona told me to into the dressing room and try on the dresses she picked out for me. Without saying anything, I went into the dressing room and changed.

3 minutes later, I came out of the dressing room and showed her the dress.

“Is this look good?” I said as I twirled around for her to see.

“Hmm… I don’t think red colored dresses won’t fit you perfectly. Why don’t you try on the pink one over there?” Yoona pointed at the pink sundress.

I nodded and went back to the stall. 5 minutes later, I came out of the stall and I immediately noticed that Yoona’s mouth dropped.

“Omo… you look fabulous!” Yoona squealed as she went up to me.

She walked around me as she look up and down. She smiled, “This dress is the one!”

“But… this is a sundress. I don’t know if our date is going to take place in the daytime or nighttime,” I said sadly. I really do liked this dress.

“People don’t go to the amusement park at the nighttime silly Bum Mi! This dress will go perfect! C’mon let’s purchase this and get shoes that will fit this!” said Yoona getting all excited.

I went back into the stall again to change back into my regular clothing. After I was done, Yoona grabbed my hand and dragged me out the dressing room and into the shoes aisle. 10 minutes later, we found the perfect shoes and grabbed it. Then, we went to the check-out line and purchased it.

“That will be 4, 9815 won please…” said the female clerk.
I took out my wallet, but Yoona stopped me, “What” I asked her.

“I’ll buy it for you,” Yoona winked at me.

“Okay…” I mumbled and I slowly put my wallet down.

After we paid, we walked out of the store and out of the mall.

-At Bum Mi’s house-
I went upstairs, carrying my bag to my room. Arrived, I gently placed my bag on my bed and took out the dress and shoes. I went into my closet and grabbed a clothes hanger and clipped it onto the dress. I hanged up my dress into the closet and went back to my bed and grabbed my new shoes and placed it under my bed.

-The next day-
My cellphone ringed, “RING, RING, RING!!!”

I moaned out in annoyance, “Aish… who is calling?” I extended my hands to the nearby windowsill and lifted up my cellphone. It was Yoona calling, I sighed and answered it in a tired tone “Hello?”

“Hey Bum Mi, I’m going to come over to fix your hair and do your make-up!” said Yoona.

“Ugh… you do know that I can do those by myself…” I said.

“I know but this is your first DATE! You got to look pretty for Jaejoong oppa!” said Yoona.

I sighed once again, “Okay fine…”

“When’s your date going to start?” she asked me.

“I don’t know… he hasn’t told me yet…” I said honestly. “I’ll call you back when he does…”

“You’d better!” said Yoona before hanging up.

Then instantly, my cellphone ranged again. I looked at the caller ID and it said ‘Jaejoong’ on it. My heart skipped a beat a little as I picked it up. “Hello?” I answered.

“Bum Mi?” it was his voice, Jaejoong.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Do you want us to go over there at 2PM?” he asked me.

“Sure…” I said automatically.

“Great, I’ll pick you up on that time okay?” he said.
“Yeah,” why am I giving him short answers? “Bye…”

-Around 12PM-
I just settled the food and water for Mimi when someone ringed the doorbell. I calmly went over to the front door and look through the hole. It was no other than Im Yoona. I unlocked it and opened the door for her. I did call her about the time Jaejoong and I will go at.

“Hey Yoona,” I said and let her in.

Yoona stepped in the house and surveyed around my house, “Wow, nice house…” I nodded at her response. “I’ll go take a shower first before you do my hair and makeup,” I said.

I went upstairs and grabbed my dress, my undergarments, and my towel and went straight to the bathroom. 20 minutes later, I came out with the dress I’m wearing and ran downstairs where Yoona was waiting. I tapped at her shoulder, which startled her a little.

“Ah, you’re down! Let’s go to the living room and do your hair first,” said Yoona.

We both went towards the living room and sat onto the couches. For about 30 minutes, Yoona was curling the ends of my hair.

“Done!” she said and turned off the curler.

Yoona grabbed a small mirror and gave it to me. I looked at myself and grinned, “Thank you Yoona!”

“We’re not done yet Bum Mi! I need to apply some makeup on you. It won’t take long, I promise!” said Yoona.

She took out her makeup kit and started to apply some on my face.

“I hope you don’t apply too much like I’m a or something,” I mumbled.

Yoona laughed, “Don’t worry girl! You look pretty without it! I’m just going to apply some little bit of black mascara on your eyes and that’s it”

10 minutes later, Yoona was done applying mascara on me. Once again, she gave me the small mirror to let me see myself. I was once again satisfied, “Wow, did great!”

Yoona buckled up her makeup kit and grabbed her curling iron, “Well I got to go. Good luck with your date!”

-Around 2PM-
I sighed for the millionth time, being impatient and excited at the same time. I paced back and forth in my living room waiting for Jaejoong to come. Then suddenly, the doorbell ranged. My head snapped towards the door and ran to it and peeped through the door. It was Jaejoong! I nervously unlocked it and opened it for him.

His face was shocked and speechless. I could see that his eyes were looking up and down at my body. I blushed a little and purposely cleared my throat.

Jaejoong snapped, “Ah, you look beautiful today…” he smiled.

My blush disappeared as I smiled at him lightly, “Thank you. Umm… I need to go get my shoes first” I stepped aside, “Come in!” Without hesitation, he stepped in and immediately, Mimi barked at him like a stranger.

“Is that Mimi?” Jaejoong pointed at her.

“Yeah,” I said and went towards upstairs.

“I thought you said that Mimi died?” said Jaejoong.

I stopped my steps, “W-well… that was a lie…”

“Oh…” said Jaejoong.

I proceed to climb upstairs and went towards my room. Once inside, I kneeled down at the bottom of bed and grabbed the shoes. I slipped it on them easily. I immediately ran downstairs and went towards Jaejoong who was playing with Mimi. I tapped on his shoulder and his beautiful eyes stared at me.

“Let’s go,” I said.

-At the Amusement Park-
“Wow,” I was amazed when we arrived at the amusement park.

Jaejoong unbuckled his seatbelt and got off of his seat. I unbuckled mines too and was about to open the door, but Jaejoong got it and opened it for me. I couldn’t help it but I smiled at him. Gosh, he is such a gentleman!

“You got the tickets right?” I asked him as we walked together to the entrance gates.

“Yes, they are for unlimited rides. We can ride any rides whatever we want!” said Jaejoong.

We arrived at the entrance gates and gave the clerks our tickets and gave us a bracelet for unlimited rides. We went towards the map of the amusement park and looked over which rides we should ride on.

“Oh, how about this one!” Jaejoong pointed to one of the biggest ride ever!

I don’t want to be a wimp, so I said, “Okay” I don’t have a phobia on roller coasters, it’s just that I hate riding on the biggest scariest rides ever!

Jaejoong suddenly took my hand and he dragged me to the ride he wants to ride. To my luck, the line wasn’t long. We were waiting for about 10 minutes until finally we can go on it.

“C’mon, let’s go at the front,” Jaejoong’s grip was still on my hand and led me to the front.

The other people got into their seats and buckled themselves up. After 3 minutes of waiting, the ride slowly started to move. We were at the top and the ride stopped.

“Make sure that you scream,” said Jaejoong and held his hands high.

I gulp and the ride dropped down REALLY fast. I had gotten the urge to scream, “AAAAAH!!!” I immediately closed my eyes tightly as I felt the ride takes its upside down, left, and right turns. Then what it seems like forever, the ride finally stops. I took off my seatbelt and walked out to the exit gates.

“Hey, you’re that scared? You should have told me you know,” said Jaejoong.

I felt dizzy because of the ride, “I-I should have told you that big rides scare me…”

Jaejoong look straight ahead, “Okay, for now on… you will tell me which ride you like”

I nodded and surveyed around the park. There were so many people walking around and trying on the rides. I’m pretty surprised that the park hasn’t have liter spots yet.

“How about that one?” I point to a roller coaster that doesn’t seem that scary.

-About 3 hours-
We have so much fun! We kind of like rode every single ride here in the park. Jaejoong seemed talkative around me and my nervousness is slowly dying away. Anyway, we were at the last ride which is the Ferris wheel. Nothing special to it but the view at the top is beautiful. Once we stepped into the cart, we sat down on the seat provided in it.

“Did you have fun?” Jaejoong questioned me.

“Yes, I did… what about you?” I said in a low voice.

Jaejoong nodded. The ride suddenly moved. The Ferris wheel took us all the way at the top. Once it stopped, Jaejoong and I stood up from our seat and look at the view.

“Wow,” I was breathless by the view.

The sun was setting, making the lights in the park glow beautifully. The night of Seoul looked great too.

“Looks beautiful…” said Jaejoong. Then I heard him mumbling something under his breath. I couldn’t catch it though. “Let’s go sit down and look at the view instead of standing up. You do know that the Ferris wheel can move at any time right?”

I nodded and took my seat next to him. We sat in silence as we looked at the sunset sky. Then suddenly, the thought of my confession to Jaejoong popped out. I have to do it!

“Jaejoong…” I said to him.

“Hmm?” Jaejoong turned to me but I wasn’t looking at him.

“You know… throughout all of these years I have been…” I gulped “I have been liking you… ever since the day we met in high school…” Slowly I looked at him.

His face was reacting to nothing. Slowly, I could have sworn I felt tears coming out. We stared at each other for about 5 minutes until I broke it. I looked down at my shoes in embarrassment. Does he like me too? Or is he going to reject me? Then I felt his hands slowly crawling under my chin and forcing me to look at him. We were once again looking at each other but this time, I saw his thumb slowly going to my eyes. To my surprise, he was wiping the tears that were falling from my eyes.

Once he was done, he released his hands from my chin and closed his eyes for a second. I looked at him for a while until his eyes were open once again.

“So I see that you like me…” Jaejoong mumbled under his breath.

I didn’t say anything. Jaejoong continued, “I… have to think about it…”