This Is It...

Beauty and the Beast School Play

Author's Note: Alright, from now on I'll be performing the play that Bum Mi is doing. But, I'll be using it in my OWN words. Note that I WILL change in some parts of the script, especially the ending of it. Oh, and I did cut in the introduction of the play because I didn't want to retype it. Please enjoy the chapter. There may be grammar mistakes because I don't have Microsoft Office 2003 in my laptop, I need a CD for it but I don't have a CD drive in my laptop, I have to buy it separately -___-.
-------------------------------------------------
blah, blah, blah means that someone is thinking or in thought.
-------------------------------------------------
-In Bum Mi's POV-
For the past 3 weeks, we have been practicing the script for the play. Today is the BIG day, the only finishing touches is the lighting effects.

“Okay, move the spotlight...” said our teacher.

The male student who is in our class did what the teacher told him to do. It worked perfectly. She told him to brighten the light and lessen the brightness. Everything was all set! Now all we have to do is to perform the play.

“Hey Yoona!” the teacher called out.

Within a few seconds, she came running towards the teacher, “What is it?” she asked.

“How many hours do we have left before the big show?” the teacher asked.

“In about 4 more hours ma'am,” said Yoona.

The teacher nodded, “Good. Now let's go people, get dressed up and get prepared!”

We all nodded and went towards the backstage. I brought the costume dress the teacher gave me and went towards the dressing room. I put it on and went out of the dressing room and decided to put on some make-up. While I was putting it on, I felt someone tapping me on the shoulder. I turned around and saw Jaejoong smiling at me.

“Hey,” he said calmly.

Ever since I confessed to him, everything stopped. We didn't talk much or hang out after school.

“Hi...” was all I said.

“So umm... tonight is the big night right?” he was trying to make a conversation with me.

“Yeah... are you nervous?” I said while applying black eyeliner.

“This IS my first time being as lead actor... so yeah, I am nervous,” said Jaejoong.

“Ah... well don't feel nervous at all okay...” I said.

It was silent for a while until Jaejoong spoke up again, “Bum Mi... I have something to tell you...” it sounded sad all of the sudden.

I'm done applying make-up on and turned around to stare at him, “What is it?”

“I... I'll talk to you about it after the play is over... it's something important...” he said to me.

I nodded, “Okay...”
-3 hours later-
“Teacher, should we let them in?” said Yoona who just took a peek at the double doors.

There was a BIG amount of people waiting in front of the doors to be open.

“Yeah, let them in...” said the teacher.

Once she opened it, the crowd of people were standing in a single line with their tickets on hold. Yoona ran off and went back to the backstage.

-1 hour later-
From the backstage, the curtain was closed and I took a peek behind it. My eyes widen from the fact that there were at least 1,000 people attended here to see the play.

“Alright people places everyone!! The show will start within 4 minutes,” said the teacher.

Without hesitation, we did as we were told and waited patiently and nervously. While I was waiting, I felt someone shoving my arm. I looked down and saw the wolf, wagging his tail; telling me that everything is going to be okay.

“Don't worry Jaejoong... I'm not nervous anymore.

4 minutes passed and the curtains slowly went up, revealing our teacher first. She first welcomed the audience to our show and then went on narrating the prologue of the story.

Then slowly when she was done with the prologue, the light brightened up revealing the background painting of the village. Slowly, I made my cue and started singing the first introduction of the play.

-After about 30 minutes-
“My father is a genius!” I said it proudly in front of Gaston (who is Micky Yoochun) and Le Fou.

Suddenly, a loud explosion was heard from the distance. I turned back and saw my house covered in smoke. My father must have done something wrong. I quickly ran off the stage, ignoring the laughter by Gaston and Le Fou.
-------------------------------------------------
I came into my house, seeing that smoke was coming in from the new invention my father is trying to fix. My father got his head stuck in a bucket, I was about to help him but he got it out before I did so.

“Father? What happened?” I said as I slowly came closer to him.

My father's head got stuck in a bucket and got it out, “Aish, this stupid thing won't work properly!” he kicked it lightly.

I sighed, “You always say that...”

“No seriously, I can't get it to chop the wood correctly!” my father said angrily.

“C'mon now father! I bet after you fix it, you will win the prize at the fair tomorrow...” I crept up on him, his eyes were following him as I leaned into his ear and whispered, “And become a world famous inventor...”

My father's dream was to be a world famous inventor, he never let his hopes down before. Suddenly, my father's mood turned into happiness.

“Well, what in the world am I waiting for? I want to fix it right now so I can get that prize for us!” he said and went under his invention, “Can you hand me a screw driver?”

I did as I was told and gave him the screw driver. My father then changed the subject, “Oh, you went out a moment ago right? How did it go? Did you got something from the village?”

“Ah... it went well and I just went to the library to return a book and got a new book,” I said to my father. “Umm father? Do you think I'm... odd?”

My father got out of his invention and stood up, “Odd? Why would you said that?” He wiped his black hands for a while before he went back to fix his invention.

“I don't know...” I said sadly, “Actually, whenever I go out, nobody ever listens to me. I just wish that there's at least someone there I can talk to everyday...”

“Hmm... what about that Gaston fellow? He seems like that kind of guy who would listen to!”

“Well the villagers think he's handsome and all. But in my beliefs, he's rude and never listens,” I threw my hands up in the air, giving up, “He's not the right for me father...” I sat down on a chair and watched my father doing the finishing touches of his invention.

“Ah, don't worry my daughter... you'll find someone that is RIGHT for you...” he got off from the ground and stood up, “Now I think I got it this time! Let's see if it will work this time...”

He turned the handle on and we hear the sounds of the engine on. Then, the ax which was strapped onto the invention was working, chopping on the wood successfully. Then when it was done, the wood jumped off itself to the woodpile.

My father gasped, “It works? IT WORKS!!!” he was really happy.

“Oh my god, you did it father!” I said and hugged him.

“Alright, then it's official... I'm going to take it to the fair!” said my father.

-3rd Person POV-
Belle and her father are now outside of their house with the invention covered in a red blanket and a wagon for Belle's father to reel it with.

“Are you sure that you don't need help?” Belle asked.

“Yes, I'm sure... I'll be gone for about 3 days. Take care of yourself while I'm gone okay?” he said.
Belle nodded, “Alright father,”

He nodded also and started to pull the wagon and waved at her. She waved back and watched her father disappearing from the horizon.
-------------------------------------------------
Belle's father is now in the middle of of the forest, with the wagon in his hand.

“Hmm... am I even in a right track?” he mumbled to himself as he had the map in his hand.

He stopped and looked at the background painting with the 2 paths. He thought about it for a moment then he decided to take the path with the snow in it.
-------------------------------------------------
Belle's father continued to go deeper into the snowy path surveying around the place until slowly, he realized that he went the wrong path. He tried to go back, but he can't because suddenly, he heard wolves coming. Sacred, he ran away dropping the wagon from his hands and pushed itself away. He didn't care where to go, he just wanted to go somewhere, where the wolves aren't seen. He continued to run until he stopped by a gated door.

He grabbed the bars of the gates and yelled, “Help!! Is someone there!!” Suddenly, as he was shaking the gated door, it was opened. He let himself in and closed it.

Belle's father then looked around the area he's at and realized that he was outside someone's castle.