Just Friends

Beauty and the Beast School Play

Author's Note: Hello!!! Sorry for the late update. This is a short chapter so... I hope you enjoy it!!
----------------------------
blah, blah, blah means that someone is thinking
----------------------------
-In Bum Mi’s POV-
Ever since my confession, Jaejoong has been avoiding me. Although he still participates in the play, he’s quiet once we were out of class. He even doesn’t want to walk with me from and to school either. I don’t know if he doesn’t want to be my friend or is he “still thinking about it”. But later today after school, Yoona decided to drive me home.

“Ah, no thanks Yoona… it’s a short walk here remember?” I said.

“C’mon now girl! I’m not going to give you fee rides!” said Yoona.

I sighed, “Okay…” I went over to her car and got in.

Suddenly, Yoona drive slowly. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow, “What are you doing?”

“You know… you haven’t told me about your date with Jaejoong last week. You got to tell me how well it went!” said Yoona.

I ended up telling her the WHOLE story about the date and even telling her that I confessed to him too.

“And then he said that he’s going to ‘think about it’…” I said ending my story.

It has gotten silent for a while until Yoona spoke up, “Did anything else happen after that?”

“Nope, everything went silent and even the ride home,” I said looking out at the window.

“Oh… we’ll just wait. If he doesn’t confessed to you back, then…” Yoona let her sentence hanged for a while until she slowly arrived at my house, “Okay, you’re here”

I got off the seat and thanked her after that. I got into my house and as always, Mimi greeted me. I bend down and started to pet her for a while. For about 5 minutes, I was done petting her and decided to go upstairs and changed into a tank top and sweat pants. After the quick change, I went back downstairs and towards the kitchen.

“Hmm… what to eat…” I thoughtfully said to myself. “I’ll make fried rice then!”

-Fried Rice is done-
I turned off the stove once the fried rice was done. I went towards the dishwasher and grabbed a nice clean plate and spoon and went back to the stove to serve myself the fried rice. Once I filled it up, I grab a lid and covered it up for the pan. I went towards the living room and decided to watch TV. After 10 minutes have past, I was done eating. I went back into the kitchen and washed up.

-In Bum Mi’s room-
I was practicing singing for the play until my cellphone started to ring. I stopped, picked my cellphone up, and answered.

“Hello?” I didn’t look who was calling.

“Bum Mi…” it was Jaejoong.

My heart stopped beating once I heard his soft husky voice on the other line. I didn’t want to answer him back; I wanted him to continue to what he wants to say.

“There’s something I wanted to tell you…” he said.

“Okay…” I said in a soft voice.

There was a long pause for a while. Did he hang up? I was about to flip my phone closed until I hear Jaejoong, “I’ll come over to your house to discuss it. I don’t want to talk about it on the phone... I have to explain it to you in person…”

“Okay… bye…” I said to him and flipped the phone close.

3 minutes later, the doorbell ranged. I ran down the stairs and went towards the door and peeped through the hole. Jaejoong was innocently standing at the door. Without hesitation, I unlocked the door and opened it. I somehow didn’t greet him, but I let him in. He walked towards the living room and sat onto the couch. I closed the door and locked it before I joined in and sat onto the couch next to him. I didn’t want to sit too close otherwise we would feel uncomfortable.

“So umm… what is it that you want to tell me…?” I asked him.

“I… have been thinking about your confession towards me… last week remember? Well… to tell you the truth I…” Jaejoong paused for a moment.

“I… just don’t feel like putting our relationship to the next level,” said Jaejoong.

“Oh…” I sadly said.

“I’m sorry Bum Mi… we’re still friends right?” Jaejoong innocently asked me.

I didn’t want to lie… I still want to be friends with him, “Yes… we are…” I said slowly.