Play the 1st Scene

Beauty and the Beast School Play

Author's Note: Ah, sorry for the long delay. Here's the new chapter!
------------------
blah, blah, blah means that someone is thinking or speaking their mind.
------------------
-In Bum Mi’s POV-
Yesterday, the singing audition went well. Mostly everyone got it, except for TOP but he got replaced by Yoochun. Now we’re here in the classroom practicing for the play. In the script, the narrator speaks first.

“Once upon a time in a faraway land, there was a prince who lived in a castle. Although he had everything his heart desired the prince was spoiled, selfish, and unkind. But one night in the wintery storm, an old woman came into the castle’s entrance and wanted shelter. In return, she will offer him a single rose. The prince sneered at the gift and to the old woman. He looked very disgusted once he stared at the old woman and rejected her offer. The old woman then said ‘Do not be deceived by appearances for beauty, was found within’ but unfortunately, the prince shut the door in front of her face. Suddenly, the old woman transformed into a young beautiful woman. The prince was shocked at her appearance and tried to apologize but he was too late. The beautiful woman then said that she has seen no ‘love’ in his heart. For his punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and also to the people who lived there. Ashamed in his monstrous form, the beast locked himself up in his bedroom. The rose that was left by the beautiful woman was actually a magical rose that will bloom until his 21st birthday. The bloomed rose petal will start to fall as time pass until the day he will confess his love and she will confess to him in return, then the spell will be broken by the time the last petal fell. If not, he will be stuck as the beast forever…” the narrator who was our teacher said it with full of tone in her voice. She then said, “This is when you—” she pointed at me “Belle start to appear and sing for the first time”

I nodded, “Without the… music?”

“Yes…” the teacher said.

I started to sing along as to what the script said. I barely begun singing when the teacher stopped me, “CUT! You can’t sing like that! You have to sing in a happy feeling because morning had just arrived in that scene!”

“Oh… I’m sorry!” I said and practice again. Then I heard my teacher said “GOOD! Now start walking because you’re going to the village to return the book you borrowed from the Library!”

I did as I was told and started walking. Once I was done with it, I hear other students in my class said “Bonjour!” in every corner they popped out from. Again I started singing and every once in a while, I hear my classmates sing too. Then, the script said that I reached at the library and start talking.

“Good morning! I’ve come to return the book I borrowed!” I said in a happy tone. I realized that the character I’m playing is like a happy female character.

“Finished already?” said one of my male classmates. I gave the book to him and pretend that there were some book shelves full of books and pretend to look around.

“I couldn’t put it down, have you gotten anything new?” I asked and searched for a new book to read.

The male classmate laughed lightly, “Not since yesterday!”

“That’s alright, I’ll take…” I looked at the red book and took it off the shelf “This one!”

I gave to him and he said, “This one? You read it twice already!”

“Aw, it’s my favorite book!!” I said.

“Okay, how about this? You can have it since you love it so much,” he said and gave the book back to me.

“But…!” I was cut off from him, “I insist!”

I smiled at him, “Thank you very much sir!” I walked out of the library and immediately read it, completely unaware that the people around started singing again.

Then, Yoochun comes in when he hears people singing and looks straight at me as I walked past by him.

“Did you see that Le Fou?” Yoochun said to his sidekick classmate. “That’s the girl I’m going to marry!”

“What? The inventor’s daughter? But she’s—” he was cut off when Yoochun hit him on the head.

“Nonsense!” Yoochun looked up and noticed that I was farther away from him and tries to catch to me.

The song then goes again until the end. I turned around when I heard people calling my name but unfortunately, no did. They were busy doing their own things.

Then, someone stopped me, “Hello Belle!” it was Yoochun and Le Fou followed him also.

“Hello, Gaston!” I said as I read the script. Then, Yoochun rudely took the book away from me, “Gaston, can I have my book please?” I said and tried to reach it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t!

“How can you read this? There’s no pictures!” Yoochun said and flipped the pages.

“Well, some people used their imagination,” I said to him.

Wow, I have never I thought that this could be so easy! Our acting went so well!

“Belle, it’s about time you get your head out of those books and pay attention to more important things, like me!” said Yoochun and smiled at me.

What a weirdo. “Look, I don’t have time. I need to go help my father,” I said.

The male classmate who was Le Fou started laughing, “That crazy loon? He needs all the help he can get!”

Yoochun started laughing along with him. I huffed and placed my hands on my hips, “Don’t talk about my father that way!”

They both stopped and Yoochun said, “Yeah, don’t talk about her father that way!” he hits his classmate on the head.
“My father is a genius!” I said and then I pretend that there was a sound coming from faraway and scurried over there.

“CUT!” said the teacher. “Alright, that was good Bum Mi! Your voice was amazing! Tomorrow, we’ll have to set up the backgrounds for the play and figure out which costume fits us all, okay?”

“Yes..” we all said before we left the classroom.
------------------
I was out of the classroom when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and noticed Jaejoong came running toward me. He was so quiet in class but he’s so talkative after class, weird right?

“What’s up Jae?” I asked him.

“You know that we practice with the script and all right? Well, I want to get some practices in my part. Will you help me? The Beast’s character seems kind of like a mean guy. I’m not that type to be mean easily,” said Jaejoong.

Jaejoong wants me to help him? My heart started beating really fast and I could have sworn my face is blushing, “I guess… I can help you…”

Jaejoong smiled, “Great come by tomorrow when our class is over okay?”

I nodded in response. EEEEK!!! I can’t believe that I’m actually going to Jaejoong’s house for the first time! I wonder what his house look like?