Detention?!

Beauty and the Beast School Play

Author's Note: Aiyah!!! I was supposed to post this chapter tomorrow, but then I got lazy. Nothing really special happens here in this chapter but I did add some fluff in it. Oh and I will make changes to the Beauty and the Beast play script since the transformation thingy will be a bit weird. I'll tell you, I did have some difficulty writing this chapter!! The next one will be around Friday or in the weekends : )
-----------------------
blah, blah, blah means that someone's thinking or in thought.
-----------------------

-In Bum Mi’s POV-
Yesterday, Jaejoong showed me around his house. Everything in his house was simply amazing, he did have some maids but he said that he only needs them for cleanup, nothing more. What amazes me the most was his garden at the backyard. There were a lot of red, pink, and white roses in each bush. I really want to pick one up, but Jaejoong warned me that they have thorns and can cut me.

Anyways, like always in Theater and Acting class, we were in the backstage as the teacher came into the backstage with just one potion.

“Oh, god…” Jaejoong mumbled.

“Hello class! Today it’s going to be different because I only brought in one potion. Yesterday I was thinking about you guys and the play and decided that only Jaejoong shi can transform since he must be a beast. Now the rest of you who were supposed to transform too, I’m going to let you stay human because it will be weird if there were teapots, plates, spoons, and whatnot. So, for today we’ll dress up with the rest of the students and practice with the script okay?” said the teacher.

“Yes!” the students chanted.

“Good, now Jaejoong, drink this! I’m sure that this form will make you not look like an ugly beast!” the teacher shove the flask towards him.

Jaejoong nodded and drank it. Without even screaming, he gasped and then went to the ground and suddenly transformed into a wolf.

“Awww!” some girls cooed.

The wolf (who is Jaejoong) just looked at the girl in a weird way. He tried to speak, but no words came out.

“Looks like he can’t talk…” I mumbled to myself. “Look at yourself from the mirror…” I said and pointed at the mirror.

With four legs, he walked to the mirror to look at himself. He couldn’t believe it, but it is true. He was a wolf! After 5 minutes of staring, his tail started to wag. Was he happy?

“Are you happy?” I said to the wolf.

He wagged it a little harder, I giggled, “Such a cutie!”

His ears pricked up and barked, “Woof!” (Author’s Note: I know that wolves don’t bark, but let’s just pretend that they bark!)

“Hmm… looks like he can’t talk or anything…” said the teacher. “We have to record Jaejoong’s voice before he can transformed into a wolf,” she said and petted him for a bit.

The wolf gently placed his chin under her hand and let her scratch him. After that, the teacher stopped, “You will stay a wolf until 10 minutes okay?”

The wolf nodded, “Good, now let’s dress up the rest of you guys okay?”

The students followed the teacher, leaving me, Yoochun, and the other students who were the villagers of the play. Yoochun kneeled down next to the wolf and spoke to it, “Hyung! Do you like it? Being a wolf and all?”

He nodded and wagged his tail. Yoochun chuckled; “Okay…” he petted him before leaving me and the wolf.

For about 10 minutes, the teacher was busy giving each student costumes for the play. I got really bored every minute but I was busying myself by playing around with my cellphone.

“What are you doing?” a voice said.

“Oh nothing, I’m just playing around with my cellphone Jaejoong…” I said.

Immediately, I stopped and turned around, “JAEJOONG?! You… You transformed back to human already?”

“Uh… yeah? Didn’t you see that flash from earlier?” he asked me.

What? I didn’t see any flash! “Huh? Maybe I didn’t see it…” I mumbled to myself.

It got silent after that as I continued to play with my cellphone. I was playing Tetris, it is so addicting! For about 20 minutes of playing, the teacher finally came in.

“Park Bum Mi!!!” she yelled at me.

Oh ! I quickly placed my cellphone back, “Yes?”

“What were you doing for the last 30 minutes?” she said continuing to yell at me.

“Um…” what in the world WAS I doing for the last 30 minutes. Oh , I was busy playing around with my cellphone instead of practicing with the script! “I was… playing around… with my… cellphone?”

Simply, her reply was “You are going to clean up the classroom after school!”

“WHAT?!” I screamed.

“Not ‘buts’ or ‘ifs’!” she said, “You’re going to do it, whether you like it or not!”

I moaned out an “oh!!!” and pounced up and down. I have never had detention before!! I was smart, never have any punishments before.

-After School-
I went into the Theater and Acting classroom and opened the door. No one was in here except for tables and chairs and a small stage. A few seconds later, the teacher came into the classroom with the vacuum cleaner and other cleansing materials. I walked towards her and looked at her for a few seconds.

“Okay, I want you to clean up everything here. Do not leave the classroom until everything is clean and spotless!” she said before leaving me with all of the cleansing materials.

I moaned out, “Oh brother!! This is going to take a long time!!”

Without thinking, I grabbed two clean white gloves and the bucket.

“I should fill this bucket up with water…” I mumbled to myself.

I went walking towards the ladies’ bathroom. The walk wasn’t too far away from the classroom, thank god! Once I was in there, I went to the sink and filled it up half way. Once it was filled, I left the bathroom and went back to the classroom. I was at the classroom door and was about to opened it when someone was in there.

“Huh?” I said to myself.

I cracked the door open to see who was in the classroom. It was one of our students from my Theater Acting class.

“You don’t have to hide Bum Mi…” it was a male voice.

My eyes widened, “J-Jaejoong!?” I was honestly surprised.

He turned over to the door, “Come inside you silly, I’m not going to bite you, you know…”

I nodded nervously and went inside the classroom with the bucket in my hands. I placed it on the table and grab some soapy liquids and pour it in the bucket. After that, I grabbed a sponge and dipped it in there. Once it was wet, I started to scrub the tables first. Since Jaejoong is here, I wanted to start a conversation with him.

“So, what are you doing here Jae?” I nicknamed his name.

Jaejoong didn’t say anything, maybe because I gave him a nickname. After a few moments of silence, he finally replied, “Nothing. I just thought that I might help you clean up here”

“What?” did my ears do not deceive me? He wanted to HELP me clean up? Why is that? “Why?” I asked him.

“Girls like you don’t deserve this job by herself…” Jaejoong chuckled after that.

I felt my face hot, god why does he make me uncomfortable for some odd reason? I blushed and said, “You don’t have to help me…”

“Aish, you are so stubborn,” said Jaejoong.

“Stubborn? Since when I was stubborn before?” I asked him. I was honestly never stubborn before.

“Never mind that…” Jaejoong watched me clean the tables for a while until he suddenly, rolled up his sleeves of his uniform and grabbed two white gloves.

“What are you—” I was cut off by him.

“I’m going to help you clean, whether you like it or not,” said Jaejoong.

“But this is my punishment! I was the one who didn’t do anything for the whole period during Theater Acting class,” I said to him.

“Aish, just look at you now. You are so slow cleaning up. If it was just you cleaning up this whole classroom, you will take forever! With the two of us, it will be a lot faster! Let’s just do this before the school closes at 7PM,” said Jaejoong.

He DOES have the point. I am slow, but not like a snail. Maybe I was slow because of the detention punishment or was it because Jaejoong was here and I want to pretend that I’m slow so that he can help me?

After 2 hours of cleaning the whole classroom, we were finally done! We sighed in relieve as we threw away our dirty gloves in the trash can. I went towards the table and grabbed the bucket.

“I’m going to dump this away…” I said to Jaejoong.

He nodded in response and I walked out of the classroom and dumped the dirty water in the sink at the ladies’ bathroom. Once I was done with it, I went back into the classroom and placed the bucket back to the table. Jaejoong was at the window, staring off at the sunset, glowing right in front of us.

“I’m done…” I said.

Jaejoong turned around and saw me standing behind the table. It has gotten quiet for some odd reason. I didn’t know if Jaejoong heard me or was just staring at me like it was a staring contest. I purposely blinked, causing Jaejoong to finally talk, “Okay… let’s get out of here then”

With that, Jaejoong walked towards the door and waited for me to go up to him. Once I was close up to him, he opened up the door, letting me go first. I smiled and mumbled out a “thanks” to him. I saw him nodded, “Let’s go…” he mumbled out. I nodded and went out of the classroom and walked into the empty hallway. I continued to walk when Jaejoong yelled out my name.

“BUM MI!!! Wait for me!!” he said and ran towards me.

I blushed again, “Oh, sorry…” I mumbled.

“You should have known that there’s no one here in the school but us right?” said Jaejoong once he catch up to me. “Let’s just walk together okay?”

I nodded, “Okay then…” Damn it, why am I so dumb for? Why do I feel so damn nervous around him? I mean, this is my first time walking back home with him right? *No, I did have a walk home with Jaejoong YESTERDAY!* I lightly hit head against my hand.

-At Bum Mi’s home-
“Why didn’t you go home first Jaejoong? You do know that you’re house is closer to school than mine…” I said.

“I know. I just wanted to take you home first before I do because you may never know what will happen in nighttime,” said Jaejoong.

I reached to my porch and went to go grab my keys in my pocket. Once I got it, I unlocked the door and let myself in. I turned around and see that Jaejoong was standing in front of my porch!

“What are doing?” I asked him.

“Just to make sure that you get in safely…” Jaejoong said in a soft voice.

I blushed for the third time. Why is he caring about my safety? “You know… you’re creeping me out Jae,” I said it admittedly.

Jaejoong laughed, “You’re right… I’m sorry! I’ll go home then. I’ll see you tomorrow”