Best Friends

Beauty and the Beast School Play

Author's Note: Yes, I did a fast update. The next chapter will probably be the last one!! Enjoy this chapter while you can!!
-------------------------------------
blah, blah, blah means that someone is thinking or in thought

-------------------------------------
-Meanwhile back at the Village in 3rd Person POV-

It was dark time when Gaston and Le Fou were in the bar shop but they were at the bottom floor basement, talking rather something important.

 

“I usually don't leave the asylum in the middle of the night, but you DID say it was worth my while...” Gaston threw a bag full of money in it.

 

The old man took a coin from the bag and grinned evilly as he rubbed the coin in his finger, “I'm listening”

 

“Alright, I have gotten my heart set on marrying Belle but she won't let me marry her. Then last night, Belle's father Maurice was talking nonsense about a beast living in a castle!” said Gaston who was about to laugh.

 

“Maurice is harmless,” said the old man.

 

“He's a lunatic! Anyways, I've got an idea since Belle won't marry me. If Belle does not marry me then you will have to throw Maurice away until she finally says that she'll marry me. You know how Belle is always protected around her father right? Is that a good idea?” said Gaston.

 

The old man was silent for a while until he chuckled softly, “Alright, you got it!”

 

-At Belle's home-

“Fine, if no one would believe me, then I'm going out alone!” said Belle's father angrily as he puts in stuff on his belt. “I don't care what it takes but I NEED her to get out of there!” he took the lit fire lamp and walked out of the house.

 

Belle's father walked off while at the same time, Gaston and Le Fou appeared from behind. Gaston busted the door open and yelled out, “BELLE! MAURICE??!”

 

“Oh well, I guess they're not home,” said Le Fou.

 

“They've GOT to come home sometime and when they do, we'll be ready for them,” Gaston placed Le Fou on a spot where Belle and her father can't see him, “Le Fou, DON'T move from that spot, until Belle and her father comes home!!”

 

“But...” Le Fou was about to protest but Gaston already left him, “AW NUTS!!!”-Meanwhile back at the Village in 3rd Person POV-

It was dark time when Gaston and Le Fou were in the bar shop but they were at the bottom floor basement, talking rather something important.

 

“I usually don't leave the asylum in the middle of the night, but you DID say it was worth my while...” Gaston threw a bag full of money in it.

 

The old man took a coin from the bag and grinned evilly as he rubbed the coin in his finger, “I'm listening”

 

“Alright, I have gotten my heart set on marrying Belle but she won't let me marry her. Then last night, Belle's father Maurice was talking nonsense about a beast living in a castle!” said Gaston who was about to laugh.

 

“Maurice is harmless,” said the old man.

 

“He's a lunatic! Anyways, I've got an idea since Belle won't marry me. If Belle does not marry me then you will have to throw Maurice away until she finally says that she'll marry me. You know how Belle is always protected around her father right? Is that a good idea?” said Gaston.

 

The old man was silent for a while until he chuckled softly, “Alright, you got it!”

 

-In Bum Mi's POV-

Ever since the wolf and I apologized to each other, we suddenly became friends. We hang out more often than usual and the atmosphere in the castle felt warm to me.

 

“You know... you never told me your name. I always call you 'the wolf',” I said as we strolled together at the garden.

 

The weather today was cold and it felt like winter is coming, “My name? My name is Kim Jaejoong,” the wolf said to me.

 

“Jaejoong?” I repeated his name back.

 

“Yeah...” said Jaejoong.

 

I felt something hit my head, “Eh?” I looked up at the ceiling and noticed that snow is falling down “It's snowing!” I said excitedly.

 

Jaejoong looked up, “Snow...” he said sadly.

 

I looked at Jaejoong and he looked, sad all of the sudden, “What's wrong?” I wanted to know what happened.

 

Jaejoong shook his head, “It's nothing Belle... I'm just... thinking about something. Let's go inside now...” he walked out of the garden and went straight to the castle. I followed after him.

 

-Inside the Castle-

“Welcome back Master and Belle!” said Lumiere who welcomed us at the front door.

 

“Go get Belle hot coco,” Jaejoong ordered Lumiere.

 

Lumiere did as he was told and went off. I took off my jacket and hanged it up on the coat hanger and waited for the cup to come in.

 

“Let's go by the fire... you must be cold,” said Jaejoong.

 

I nodded and followed him. Once we were there, the fire was already lit for us. I sat right next to it and at the same time, Lumiere came back to the cup of hot coco. I mumbled out a thanks to him before I took a sip.

 

“Mmm... tastes good,” I said as I took a small sip. It was still hot so I set on my lap.

 

The room became silent for a while before Jaejoong spoke up, “You want to do something today since it's snowing out there?”

 

I took a sip from the cup, “Sure...” I stood up and looked over a small bookcase and grabbed a random book, “How about this one? 'Romeo and Juliet'? You want me to read it out loud to you?”

 

“Sure...” Jaejoong wagged his tail and crawled close to me.

 

I read the whole story to Jaejoong. As I read, I keep on noticing that he was staring at my eyes every 15 minutes or so. It was uncomfortable but I kind of noticed that Jaejoong is not in his jerk and cold side. He seemed to have changed into a more gentle wolf. I... kind of liked it... if he's like this more often.

 

“For never was a story of more woe, then this of Juliet and her Romeo...” I ended the story.

 

“Wow, such a sad story yet it was romantic...” Jaejoong softly said to me.

 

I pulled the book towards him, “Here, why don't you read it for me?”

 

Jaejoong went silent has he scanned through the words on the book until he admitted, “I can't!”

 

I gasped, “You mean... you never learn how to read?”

 

“I did learned... at little though. It's just that, it's been SO long since I last read a book,” said Jaejoong with his ears down.

 

I smiled, “That's okay...” I turned a few pages back and randomly picked a passage, “Why don't you read from here?” I pointed to a paragraph.

 

Jaejoong stared at the book for a while until he nervously said, “Two?” he mispronounced it. The audience laughed a little.

 

“Two...” I said in his ear. “Two... I knew that! Two households...” Jaejoong continued to read for me.

 

-A few hours later-

Nighttime fell upon us rather quickly.

 

“Jaejoong, you want to eat dinner with me?” I asked when I was about to enter in his room at the west wing.

 

“No, I'm not hungry...” Jaejoong said in a mumble.

 

“Are you sure?” I asked again.

 

“Yes, I'm sure...” said Jaejoong.

 

I nodded and went back down into the dinning room, leaving Jaejoong alone.

 

-3rd Person POV-

When Belle left Jaejoong's room, he sighed rather loudly. Lumiere entered into his room and gave him a pat on a back.

 

“Something wrong my master?” Lumiere said to Jaejoong.

 

“It's something about Belle...” said Jaejoong as he paced back and forth.

 

“What is it something about her?” asked Lumiere.

 

“I don't know... but whenever I'm with her, this feeling is telling me that... that I... I love her...” said Jaejoong in a low mumble voice.

 

“WOOOOOOO!!!” the audience said.

 

“You... you love her?!” said Lumiere.

 

“Yes, I love her...” said Jaejoong sadly.

 

-Back with Bum Mi's POV-

I ate dinner alone in the dinning room. While I was eating, I slowly started to have memories I have in the castle. There were some bad times like how Jaejoong was a jerk to me and good times when Jaejoong saved me from the pack of wovles. I smiled to myself as I sipped the liquid from the hot soup.

 

“What are you smiling at deary?” asked Mrs. Potts as she came into the dinning room.

 

“Ah, I was just remembering the days I have in the castle...” I said as I set my spoon down.

 

“Really? Are you not worried about your father?” Mrs. Potts asked.

 

I gasped, I totally forgot about my father! “MY FATHER!! OH GOSH I NEARLY FORGOT ABOUT HIM!!! I wonder if he's alright at home without me...”

 

Mrs. Potts laughed lightly, “If you're worried about him that much, go ask Jaejoong. I know he'll understand...”

 

I nodded and stood up from the chair and ran over to the stairs and to the west wing where Jaejoong is at. Once I was there, I knocked on his door first and then I opened it. Jaejoong was staring at the rose absentmindedly as I came closer to him. Jaejoong noticed my presence and turned to me.

 

“Belle?” he said my name.

 

“Jaejoong, can I ask you something?” I asked him nervously.

 

“Go ahead...” he said softly.

 

“Can I... go check up on my father? I've been here for a while and all but I'm worried about him,” I said.

 

“If you are worried about him then...” he paused, “Then you are free to go then. You are no longer my prisoner...”

 

I smiled at him, “Thank you Jaejoong!” I hugged him and whispered, “I love you...” His ears perked up a little. I kissed him on the forehead and petted him. “Thank you for understanding of how much he needs me...”

 

I was about to leave but Jaejoong stopped me, “Wait. Before you go, here's a map of the woods in case you get lost...” I looked over at the table and took it.

 

-In the middle of the forest-

I was looking at the map while walking and I noticed that the wolves were not around. As I was walking around the right direction, I noticed a dead body not too far from me.

 

“FATHER!” I gasped.