Chapter 30

Being Dumped by a Kingka Doesn't Mean It's the End of my Love Story

 

Chapter 30: Breaking up with a Kingka Doesn't Mean it's the End of My Love Story

The rays of the sunlight that hit my eyes woke me up. As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw Myungsoo sitting on the floor, looking at me curiously.

"Do you really frown when you sleep?" then he smiled, "Good morning Eun Jo."

I sat on the couch where I slept. Myungsoo sat beside me. I don't know if I should greet him a good morning as well, or should I cry again, because of last night's incident.


"We are breaking up." Woohyun said. Right.In.Front.Of.Me...

I froze. But I kept calm. I did my best to keep my cool. I suddenly felt numb and hopeless. I suddenly felt like not fighting back, because in the end.. I would just tend to hurt myself. Though I saw this coming.

"Eun Jo..." Woohyun held my hand and kissed it. “I am sorry.”

I pulled my hand away. “I… I know this would happen but, may I at least know the reason why?”

“I don’t want you to feel neglected. I don’t want to feel insecure over the other couples around you. I will no longer be capable of acting as a good boyfriend to you. I’m sorry.”

I wiped my tears away.

“Don’t hate me.” He added.

I shook my head, “No, of course not. I will not hate you. Don’t worry. Is that your only reason why?”

“My parents.” He stated. I suddenly thought, if not for his parents. This won’t happen. We would see each other just like the old times. He wouldn’t be breaking up with me. But, they are his parents. And it’s normal for a son to choose his parents over his girlfriend.

“The boys once told me about the thing you saw when we are in Rian’s house.”

“What about?” I asked.

“The kiss.” He continued. “I want to tell you that I didn’t have any affair with Rian. She likes me but I didn’t felt the same. I will not deny, that was before, but you are my girlfriend and I never wanted to cheat on you. Please believe me.”

“I believe. Besides, whether true or not. It’ll be worthless. It’s over right?” I said. “Hey, I’ll go back in. I’m still checking on Myungsoo oppa. You know, he is sick.”

Woohyun face showed devastation towards what he heard. “You never took care of me. Just like what you are doing to Myungsoo right now.”

“You were never sick.” I giggled. “You were always energetic and all. How should I take care of you? Be a nanny to you?”

That time, Woohyun never smiled. He kept that dark aura plastered on his face. He also hated the fact that we will break up. I can feel that. “We don’t have any choice but to follow your parents Woohyun. I’m sorry as well. I can feel like I am a bother to you. So maybe this break up will work for us. We’ll still be friends you know. I always go with your circle so I guess ignoring each other would be hard for us. Knowing your friends are.. you know the love to nag.”

Woohyun looked down. “I’m going to leave. You won’t see me for a long time Eun Jo.”

I was shocked, I don’t want to believe what he is saying but this is real, “Why? Where are you going? Are you going to focus on your family business? What about school?”

“I’ll be moving to Manchester to study more about business. I’ll staying there for Christmas. Then next year, I’ll be starting my college course.” He said. “One of the reasons why we need to separate. I don’t want you to experience long distance relationship. Neither am I.”

“I understand.” I smiled. “Then, this must be my last goodbye?”

Woohyun hugged me one last time. I hugged him back as well. I hope he would kiss me but, it’s will not help our feelings right now. “I should’ve kissed you one last time you were mine.”

---

I felt so weak when I went back to where Myungsoo is. I saw down on the couch, and tears started to fall, I didn’t do anything for them to fall. They fell down by themselves. I looked down. Suddenly, I felt the other side of the couch sank. “Sometimes, when people continue to keep the pain inside them, tears eventually fall because your body cannot take it anymore. It needs release. You can’t always keep the pain by yourself. It’s unhealthy.”

I stared right at Myungsoo’s deep black orbs. I can feel his sympathy, and it hit me. I finally leaned on his shoulder and cried my heart out. I didn’t dare speak. I didn’t dare move. I just cried and cried and cried. I felt Myungsoo’s hand rubbing my back. “Cry everything out. You’ll be fine after that. I assure you.” His warmth comforted me in the process and it made me lull to sleep.


 

“Your porridge is the best Mrs. So!” Myungsoo exclaimed as we head out. We have school today and Myungsoo had to be extra early because he will still change his uniform. Luckily, he had spare at school.

"You can call me eomma." mom giggled. "Eun Jo's friends can always call me eomma."

Myungsoo bowed. "I will be back soon eomma. Thank you for taking care of me. I would've been in the hospital right now without you and your daughter."

"You are always welcome in our house." mom said. "Okay okay.. Better get going, you might be late."


"Are you sure you are just fine?" Myungsoo asked me as we entered the school grounds. I looked at him weirdly, just like he would look at me when he is confused, "I am fine Myungsoo oppa. It's not like Woohyun haven't done this before."

"Eun Jo."

"We're in good terms now oppa. I promise not to loathe him." I said. Suddenly, I heard a familiar shout coming towards us. I looked in front and saw Risa. "Hey."

"Eun Jo!" she panted. "Wait, why are you and Myungsoo together? Why aren't you in your uniform?"

"What happened?" Myungsoo asked.

"Haven't you heard of the news?" Risa asked. "Haven't you seen Woohyun?"

Myungsoo looked at Risa warily, "You have alot of questions. Let's go meet the rest."

---

"Woohyun us leaving." Sunggyu started. "Eun Jo, do you know anything about this?"

"Eun Jo haven't seen that guy for months." Sooyoung rolled her eyes. "Woohyun won't possibly have the guts to show up."

"Actually he did." I spoke. Everyone's eyes turned to me, I looked down. "He's going to England to study business."

Hoya then handed me a piece of paper, more like a letter. "Woohyun hyung told me to give this to you."

I hesitantly took it and opened it,

To my lovely Eun Jo,

Am I still allowed to call you mine? Babe?.. My love?... Maybe not. Eun Jo, I am really sorry for tearing up your heart for the first time and now, for the second time. I am telling you, I love you, and I really do. I just don't want you to feel degraded because I cannot attend to your needs as youor boyfriend. Responsibilities for my family has piled up. It's not ike I am choosing them over you. The worst thing that a man can do to his girl is to neglect her feelings for him. I don't want that to happen to us. I want to become a better person, and when I come back, I will prove that to you. But I don't even know if you want to see me again.

I want you to move on, I want you to forget about me, about the pain I have caused you. I love you and it hurts to see you smile when I am not one of the reasons. But I will endure all of that because I will know you are in a good condition, which is better than seeing you sad because of me.

Take good care of yourself and have a good life.

Woohyun.

 

It was serious and it somehow made me feel like missing Woohyun forever. I looked up to see the people looking at me expecantly. "What does it say?"

"A friendly note." I said.

"Friendly?" Dongwoo and Sungyeol exclaimed. "How friendly? Not sweet?"

"Woohyun's my friend. How could it be sweet?" I smiled, starting to walk.

"BWO?" Sungjong blurted. "Wae? Why not your boyfriend? What happened?!"

"Tell us what happened." Sunggyu nagged. When I say nag, he really nagged me, followed me everywhere. All I can give him is smile.

Risa shrugged, "Why is she smiling even if she is going through a move on stage?"

"Cause she already moved on." Hoya suddenly nuzzled on her.

"That fast?" Risa turned to Hoya. Hoya nodded.


I am smiling because of Woohyun. He set me free in a quiet way. No one shouted, no one got hurt physically. Maybe emotionally, but that's normal for lovers. Woohyun and I loved each other but I guess love isn't enough for us to last long. We need space, but that space may possibly mean separation for the rest of our lives. It may also mean that we are simply not meant for each other.

Breaking up with a kingka.. the person whom I loved first, doesn't mean it's the end of my love story. Every story has its end. But every end has it's new beginning.

The End xx


 

Thank you so much for everyone who subscribed to my story, to those people who left a comment. If ever there are silent readers, thank you as well :)

See you at my next fanfiction!

Lots of love,

Irish xx