Chapter 29

Being Dumped by a Kingka Doesn't Mean It's the End of my Love Story

 

Chapter 29 : Twist of Fate

“Would you like to talk to Woohyun hyung tonight?” Myungsoo changed his sentence. This is something that could clarify things between me and Woohyun.

But am I ready? Can I handle my feelings the moment I see him? What if I suddenly breakdown? What if I suddenly can’t take it and use all my might to show him how much pain he gave me while he’s not around? Will I even have that might? How can I manage to keeo still when it’s love and anger that is flaring inside me?

 

“It’s okay if you can’t.” Myungsoo said as he kept his phone, “I can always find time for the two of you. If he will have the time.”

 

“It’s okay.” I said. “I don’t think I can talk to him. But you know all those things I wanted to tell him right?” I replied.

 

“Does that mean you want to go home now?” he turned to me, smiling. I shook my head. “I’m still fine, but you look like you are sleepy.”

 

He sneezed. “And sneezing. But you should go home now, you should take rest.”

 

“No. I have to take you home.” Myungsoo told me. “I should make sure you’re home safe.”

 

“But you have to take the bus. Our place is found at different directions.” I said, I am worried that Myungsoo would be totally sick because of me. Suddenly, the lights and I saw a better view of his face. He was pale. “You look so sick!” I touched his face and felt that he is hot. It’s not the normal temperature of a person. “You are sick. Come on, let’s go home. Stay at my place for awhile.”

 

“No I have to-“ he outbalanced as he tried to step back. Fortunately, I caught him, I placed his arm on my shoulders and my arm on his waist.

 

“Let’s take you home. You’re sick.” I said.

 

 


 

It was already 10 o’ clock when we got home. I was about to press the door bell but my mom opened the door. “Eun Jo what time is—Who is he?”

 

“Eomma, I’ll explain later. He’s sick, let’s take him to the guest room.” I said immediately. Mom helped me to carry him upstairs and took him in the guest’s room. We laid him on the bed, “I’ll go get a wet towel.”

 

Mom stopped me. “I’ll do it, there’s an extra clothes in the closet, go ask him change.”

 

Mom left and I get a plain pajama and a white v-neck shirt. “How did a man’s clothing get in our house?” I said to myself as I walk towards Myungsoo, who is not yet sleeping but his eyes are droopy. “Myungsoo oppa go change your… Wait, you are sick.”

 

“I’ll go change by myself, where’s the bathroom?” Myungsoo asked me as he stood up and took the clothes from me. I pointed at the door just next to the entrance door of this room. I wanted to laugh because he walks like a drunk man, but I can’t cause he is sick. A few minutes later he went out and laid on the bed. Holding onto his temples he said, “You should’ve let me go home. I am a bother to your mom.”

 

“Don’t say that oppa, you stayed out all night because of me. So shush and get well.” I told him. Mom went in holding fever patch, (A/N: You know that cold sticky thing that is placed on you head when you have fever? In our country it’s called Kool Fever. I don’t know what is really called.) and a glass of water.

 

“Go place this on his head,” mom told me as she gave me the fever patch. “I’ll make some priidge for awhile. Then that is the only time he can drink medicine. Wait for awhile young man.”

 

“Gamsahamnida, Mrs. So.” He replied, then he sneezed again.

 

“Take good care of your friend.” Mom told me.

 

“You have work tomorrow, I’ll do the porridge.” I offered.

 

“No, stay here.” Mom said then she went out. I sat on the edge of the bed, I looked at Myungsoo who is closing his eyes. His lips are so pale then his cheeks are burning. I placed the fever patch on his forehead.

 

“It’s… cold.” He mumbled.

 

“That is why it’s a fever patch. It’s used to take away the heat from the body. What happened to you Myungsoo oppa? You were fine awhile ago.” I giggled.

 

“I’m sorry. You should be asleep by now.” He told me.

 

I smiled. “Take a rest for awhile then do that tomorrow. For sure you’ll be fine by tomorrow. Eomma’s porridge are the best.” I gave him two thumbs up. I noticed that he is shivering because he doesn’t have a blanket. “Ommo! I’ll go get a blanket.” I ran to the closet and get a thick blanket, I went back and place it on him. He took a hold onto the blanket, he is surely cold.

 

 


 

After eomma fed Myungsoo with porridge and let him take the medicine for fever, he finally went to a deep sleep.

 

We were sitting on the couch near Myungsoo. “Your friend is surely sick.” Mom said. “He must have cold for days already. Why is he staying out when he know he is sick?”

 

“I don’t know eomma. I just learnt he had cold a few moments ago.” I replied as I looked at the sleeping figure of Myungsoo.

 

“What’s his name?” she asked as she yawned.

 

“Kim Myungsoo.”

 

“Your friend? Classmate?”

 

“Both.”

 

“Woohyun’s friend…”

 

“Best friend. One of his best friends.”

 

“He’s handsome.” Mom cooed.

 

“Eomma.” I whined.

 

“I’m just kidding sweetheart.” Mom smiled. “But I haven’t heard of Woohyun anymore. What happened to him? Are you two in a fight or something?”

 

“The two of us are in something.” I stated. “I don’t know, I don’t even know he plans to see me. I understand he is busy but…”

 

“I don’t know but Woohyun is making you destructed with a lot of things. Maybe you two need some time separately.”mom said. “I think you two needs space. I mean, two people in a commitment without a communication is worthless.

 

“I’ll do the first move when I really can’t take it.” I told her. Mom then yawned and stood up, “I’ll go to sleep now. Check on him every time okay? But have some rest too. You don’t want to be sick after him.”

 

I smiled. “Okay mom. Good night.”

 

She kissed my cheek then left. I looked at Myungsoo once more. He looks a lot better than the previous hour. Then I suddenly heard a phone ringing. It must be Myungsoo’s. I checked on his pants and took phone. I looked at the caller’s name. Woohyun hyung.

 

Should I answer it? Or shouldn’t I?

 

“Who’s calling..” Myungsoo mumbled. “I’ll go answer..”

 

“I’ll do it, oppa. Sleep now.” I told him. I took a deep breath then answered it. “Yo..Yoboseyo?”

 

“Let’s talk.” He said in a single tone.

 

“Myungsoo is not-”

 

“Go out Eun Jo.. Let’s talk.” he knew it was me. How come he knew?

 

“O.. Okay.” I said as I ended the phone conversation. I looked at Myungsoo, “Sleep tight oppa, I’ll go out for awhile.”

 

I took my jacket in my room and went out.

 

 


 

I walked out, I thought it would be hard to look for him, but then I saw his white car right in front of our house. He was there, leaning on the left side of his car. I quietly walked towards him. He was looking down, I wasn’t looking at him directly, I was looking at his crossed arms. I don’t even want to speak, knowing that my heart beats faster as time pass by.

 

“Eun Jo.” He look up at me, that moment I immediately looked down.

 

A loud silence. It was impossible before, impossible until this time came to me and Woohyun. My lover, my boyfriend, my one and only.

 

“I’m sorry.” He continued.

 

“You don’t have to, you are busy so, I know where I should be.” I smiled as I looked at him. I was shocked. He wasn’t smiling, his eyes were different. Those weren’t as cheeky and charming as before. It was tired, sad, and devastated? I am no good at reading eyes, but his eyes tell me those things. But I really missed looking at his eyes.

 

“I missed you.” He said.

 

“I missed you too, oppa.” I smiled.

 

He pulled me into a hug. I inhaled his scent, I really missed those times like this, when we care about nothing and just hug each other. We were like that for a few minutes, no one dared to speak, to one dared to interfere. It’s just the two of us.

 

He broke the hug and said, “I love you.” His eyes full of tears.

 

“I love you too.” I said, tears finally streaming down my cheeks.

 

“I’m sorry.” He said.

 

“Why are you saying sorry?” I said, I can’t even talk clearly. Sadness has filled the place.

 

“We are breaking up.”



 

Hello. This is Chapter 29 and Chapter 30 will be the last chapter.

 

Unhappy ending? No.

 

There will be big surprise.. If anyone even wants a surprise.

 

Only one gave me a comment. :"(

 

Comment.Subscribe.Enjoy.