Chapter 9

Being Juliette

[A/N A semi-short update. I couldn't in good conscience make anyone, me included, wait for the story to be updated. However, only one update tonight. I hope you will all enjoy.]

 

I was almost finished with the individual scenes that the director had told me about… I was still very nervous but attempted to keep that from showing. However, I would have bet that everyone present could have heard my heartbeat- every time the director shouted, “Cut!” I held my breath and waited to be told it was an NG and that we’d have to reshoot. Luckily, the director had liked every shot we’d done so far.

“Cut! The director yelled as we finished shooting the final shot of me at the table, legs crossed with a glass of red wine in my hands. He smiled at me and I let go of a breath, excited there had been no mistakes and that I was done… but the most important thing was that no one figured out I was really Amber.

I bowed my thank you’s to the director and other crew members and walked off the set. I noticed Minho standing across the room and headed towards where he was. I was so excited because we had succeeded in keeping my identity secret… I wanted to run to him and ask him to celebrate with dinner or ice cream or something.

However, Key’s voice stopped me midstride. “Julie-ssi… the director forgot to tell you that there’s one more scene with you and Minho- the scene where you take off your masks.”

I felt myself pale… I turned to Minho and couldn’t help but feel nervous and scared. I couldn’t say a word… I mouthed, “Ottoke?” I was literally shaking with nerves, unsure of what was going to happen.

Minho and I stared at one another for what seemed like hours… but was probably more like seconds. Then he walked the rest of the way to meet me and smiled at me. He leaned in and whispered, “Gwen chan ah, Amber. I’ll figure something out.”

Minho turned to Key and said, “Ne, hyung.” Minho turned me around and started to lead me back to the set. As we reached the set he pushed me into the chair I had been in earlier and told me, “Stay here, I’m going to talk to the director real quick.” I merely nodded, still too stunned to know what to say.

I sat there playing with the wine glass… part of me wishing I could hear what the director and Minho were discussing-the other part glad I had no clue what was happening. I was worried and nervous… this wasn’t a little lie that we had told. I was scared… and started to feel sick to my stomach. I could only sigh and pray for a miracle.

After a few minutes, Minho came back to the table and crouched to my eye level, putting his hand on my arm, “Amber,” he whispered, “do you trust me?” I just nodded as a reply. He exhaled and continued with, “Gwen chan ah, Amber... just follow along, k?” Again, I could only nod as a reply.

 

Minho POV

After talking to the director and getting his ok to deter from the planned scene- which was exactly the same as the one with Krystal- I walked over to Amber and hoped she’d agree to go along with my plan. It was the only way we would be able to keep her identity a secret.

I could tell she was nervous as she played with the wine glass. I crouched down, put a hand on her arm and whispered, “Amber? Do you trust me?” She nodded at me as a reply. I could see she was nervous- her arm was cold as ice, and eyes glittery with unshed tears. The sight of her worried made my chest ache… it made me want to pull her into a hug and tell her everything would be fine. I exhaled and continued with, “Gwen chan ah, Amber… just follow along, k?” She just nodded again.

We stood up and I had her stand on one side of the table, while I stood opposite her. I looked at her and whispered quickly, “Stay in character, and just make sure you’re always looking at me. That way they can’t get your face on screen.” She nodded again. I took a deep breath… hoping this would work. I blushed at the thought of what I was about to do, but gave the director a nod that we were ready.

“Cue!” shouts the director, as the cameras start to roll.

I looked at Amber’s face… slowly took off my mask and made my way towards her. I could feel my heart begin to beat faster… was I really going to do this? I was now standing in front of her, our bodies almost touching one another. With one hand, I gently touched her mask… running a finger along the side of the mask… continuing down the side of her face… I could hear both of our breaths hitch. Omo... omo… My whole hand move to cradle the back of her neck… I move closer as I pull her to me… lean in and tilt my head… Don’t forget about the camera… make sure her face won’t be caught on camera… I move closer still… our faces inches apart now. My eyes drop to her lips… I see her close her eyes… Our lips about to touch…

“Cut!” shouts the director. 

 

[A/N I had a hard time figuring out how to present the last part- hope I didn't fail too badly. I spent more time on that then any other part in this chapter. Hope you all liked it! BTW, I forbid anyone killing me for leaving it here... cause well? If you do.. you won't know what will happen. ^^ ~  I just want to make an overall comment on the latest Amber-happenings... have faith in the way the world works. She gave many of her fans enjoyment during her time on IY2, so we should be grateful for her time on there. We are all sad she is leaving, but at least its for an f(x) comeback, right? Plus, with every door that closes, another one opens... keep faith, Amber fans... we all know how awesome she is... one of these days, the stuffy people in charge will see how awesome she is too. <3]

 

@ch1k3r ~ bloody noses... lol. I've imagined all the boys in the world with nosebleeds once the MV is out. woot! Go Amber! :)

@blindstar ~ I'm glad my story can help make your day. To be honest, it makes my day to write it.. but I'm thankful for readers like you all ^^

@YuuYuu ~ Like the cliffhanger? lol

@CassidyIsHere ~ I debate whether or not to do it... you'll have to wait and see. However, I notice you've asked twice now.. lol.. how about this.. there will be kisses between Minber.. when? I can't share that though.. :)

@TwistedIllusions ~ <3 I wish I had more hours in the day to just write this fic.. I kill myself with the anticipation of what's going to happen.. lol

@Am8eRL1U ~ lol... hope you're enjoying the updates

@nanahime ~ in due time... I sort of am liking the killing everyone (me included) with what will happen ^^

@bibibe ~ here's the update! lol.... hope you liked it!

@rubyroo ~ The second A/N was geared more to you, hon... have faith, k? *hugs*