Chapter 2

Being Juliette

[A/N Writing bug hit me... this won't be as long. But I promise to keep updating as time allows. Enjoy! Oh, and thank you for the comments. :D]

 

 

“I’m excited to rerecord this MV. I wonder if the girl will be as pretty?” Taemin thought outloud and sat down between Jonghyun and Key on the couch. The rest of the SHINee members in the room either shrugged or rolled their eyes. It wasn’t the first time the maknae had asked that question since they had all agreed on rerecording Juliette.

Jonghyun looked up from his tablet and pretended to flick Taemin’s forehead. “Taemin, she will probably be as pretty. Will you stop asking that question already?” He rolled his eyes and wondered if Taemin was growing up way too fast and tried not to smile at the thought. He raised an eyebrow but did start to wonder who they got to be in the MV since Krystal was busy… maybe another idol?

Onew and Minho walked in after getting their makeup done. “All right boys... ready to go film?” Onew questioned as he glanced in the mirror and adjusted his mask. “We’ve already filmed the dance parts, so it’s just solos and the scenes with the others.”

“Ne,” everyone answered and stood.

As they were leaving the room, Minho’s mobile phone rang. He glanced at it and saw that it was Victoria. “I’ll make it quick and be right there, Onew,” he told them and wondered why Victoria would be calling him.

“Araso… pali, Minho!” He stated and rushed the other members out to where they were filming.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Victoria-noona?” he asked.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Minho. I know you’re filming but I was wondering if you could help me with something real quick?” she asked, finally deciding after much debate that someone needed to make sure Amber’s identity would be kept secret during the shoot. She had left Amber after forcing her into the dressing room with the red dress the cordi-unnie had picked out.

“Ne, what is it?” he asked, slightly puzzled. Victoria and he were friendly, but he knew he wouldn’t be the first person she would ask help from.

“Will you keep a secret from the other members?” she asked nervously as she walked towards the SHINee dressing room.

“Noona, what’s wrong?” Minho asked, now worried about what was going on. He glanced at the clock and started to pace.

Victoria finally found their dressing room and walked in, luckily finding the tall idol there. “Minho!” she whispered and looked around, happy to find him alone. She closed the door and pulled him to the couch.

“Noona, what’s wrong?” he asked again.

She wasn’t sure how to start. “Um, you know how Krystal is filming her drama so she couldn’t be in the MV, right?” she asked. He nodded and gestured her to continue, knowing Onew may come back and rush him to go film. “They had asked me to replace her, but since we weren’t sure when I was leaving for Taiwan again, I declined. But the manager oppas wanted someone from f(x), and well… one of us is here.”

Minho tilted his head and wondered where she was going with the long explanation. “That’s great, noona. What’s the problem then? Where is she?”

Victoria shook her head. “The thing is… she doesn’t want anyone to know she’s here.”

“Mwoh?” he asked. “What do you mean?”

Victoria sighed and glanced at the clock. Shoot, she had to leave soon or she’d miss her flight. “Ok, making this quick and you have to agree to keep this a secret, Minho. I’m trusting you,” she said. He nodded. He’d do anything for his SM family, and she knew that. “It’s Amber. She was the only one available to film. But, she’s… nervous.”

“Nervous? Amber? What?” he wondered.

“You’ll see when you see her. Let’s go find her, Minho,” she said and pulled him to follow her.

They headed back to the dressing room that Amber had been using. As they almost reached the door, it opened and walked out a petite girl wearing a knee-length red dress. She was looking down while pulling at the hem of her skirt with one hand, and her feathered mask in the other. Her long hair was covering most of her face. Minho and Victoria stopped in their tracks… Victoria frozen, unsure of what to do next seeing Amber was without her mask on, while Minho was doing what boys do best... checking out the pretty girl in front of him. Then, she looked up.

“Wait,” Minho said, eyes widening.  “Amber?”