Chapter 10

Being Juliette

[A/N So this is going to be the shortest chapter as of yet. But I wanted this to be a stand-alone chapter. Look forward to the next update- hopefully. I'll get it up some time tonight. Enjoy ^^ Oh yea... some of you may be surprised mwuahahaa... <-- my evil laugh :P]

 

Minho had me stand alongside the table and moved to the opposite side. He leaned towards me and quickly whispered, “Stay in character, and just make sure you’re always looking at me. That way they can’t get your face on screen.” I could only nod as a reply. He looked over at the director and nodded that we were ready.

I took a deep breath and decided to put all my trust and faith in Minho. I hoped whatever he had planned would succeed.

The director shouted, “Cue!” and I focused my attention on staying in character and I looked directly at Minho’s face.

He slowly took off his mask and made his way towards me. Watching him this closely, I could feel my heart beat faster than ever. I’ve always thought him handsome but with his eyes only on me… my pulse raced. He was now directly in front of me; he raised his hand towards my face… gently touching my mask… now running a finger alongside the mask, down to my cheek. I felt my breath hitch.

“Omo… omo… ottoke?” I thought. His whole hand was now on the back of my neck… I could feel the heat radiating from his hand to my neck- to my whole body… He pulled me closer to him; leaned in and tilted his head… I could feel him even closer now; our faces but inches apart. His eyes dropped to my lips…

“Omo… omo… is he… going to kiss me?” I couldn’t look at his face any more… I felt lightheaded, confused, scared, and nervous all at once- I closed my eyes as his lips almost touched mine… I in a breath… waiting… I felt the lightest, the briefest touch of his lips on mine…

“Cut!” shouted the director.

I was frozen; unsure of what just happened… or what to do now. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was pink-faced and barely breathing; our eyes still locked on one another. He slowly let go of my neck and took a step back from me as the director and Key both reached us.

“That was daebak! Absolutely perfect! We’re going to keep that shot; good job Julie-ssi and Minho-goon. I think you were right, Minho… not uncovering her face would let her keep her mysterious iness like you said.” The director praised, and started to walk away towards the others.

I looked away from Minho and glanced at Key who had been talking, but if asked, I wouldn’t have been to tell you what he had been saying. “Julie-ssi, that was awesome! The director loved it, and so did we!” he said and pointed at the other SHINee members who just gave me the thumbs-up. “You did well, Julie-ssi. Daebak, just daebak!” He smiled at me, and patted Minho on the back. He turned to walk over to where the others were already preparing to shoot the scenes with the extras.

I was sure I was blushing, but decided the best thing to do now was to remain silent. I glanced up at the silent Minho. He was staring at me; I didn’t know what to do, or what to say to him. I knew if I touched my cheeks they would be burning hot.

“Did we… really just kiss?” I wondered in my head while looking away from his stare. I blushed harder at the thought. I shook my head; not believing that this afternoon had taken place… this was just too much to take; too surreal. I needed to get out of here… immediately.

Minho started to say something, but I shook my head; bowed and turned to return to the dressing room I had used. I heard him try to follow me but I quickened my pace. I couldn’t talk to him right now- I wouldn’t have known what to say.

“Am…” he started to say, but luckily the director called him over to join the others. I just took a deep breath and walked even faster off the set.

“Ottoke?” I asked myself as I touched my lips. “What are you going to do now, Amber?”

 

@YuuYuu ~ did you like the cliffhanger? lol hopefully I somewhat made up for it with this chapter. ^^

@blindstar ~ lol.. did i frustrate ya with the ending of chapter 9? mwuahahhaaa.. jk. :)

@CassidyIsHere ~ they DO always have the cutest scenes together. We can only keep hoping that Minber is real. ^^

@Am8eRL1U ~ I had to reread your comment to get what you meant... lol.. loved it!

@TwistedIllusions ~ killed you? Nnoooooo! lol... hope you liked this update though :)

@ErrICCA_sjh ~ don't mean to frustrate anyone... truly... just trying to keep everyone entertained... but I have to admit, its a plus to frustrate y'alls.. lol 

@Aika0330 ~ Does that mean you liked that last scene? I'm hoping so... :)