Chapter 12

Being Juliette

[A/N I slowly took my time to update this chapter today. Its my longest chapter yet- but I'm not 100% happy with it again; I feel like theres 2% missing or something like that. But I hope everyone will enjoy it, nonetheless. Hopefully, if things go my way, I'll have another update sometime tonight. <3]

 

 

We were silent in the car after Hyoyeon asked me that question. I was grateful that she didn’t push me to answer her question though- I wouldn’t have known how to respond anyways. I sighed and thought back to when I first met Minho and to how we became friends. I always assumed that the language barrier was what made things so awkward between us… but I didn’t know when that started to change. I mean I’ve always found him way too handsome and if I admitted, that may had been part of the reason I stayed away from him… but since the majority of SM artists were close, it was hard to always stay away. It would be foolish to not admit that there may been some attraction- at least from me to him. But, I found a lot of the SM sunbaes handsome, so I’ve always prided myself in not letting superficial things like that prevent friendships or working relationships.

We were getting close to the SNSD and f(x) dorms when Hyoyeon asked if I wanted to go back to the SNSD dorm, or straight home. As much as I loved spending time with the SNSD unnies, I didn’t want anyone to see me looking how I was- it was still too embarrassing.

“Aniyo unnie; I really don’t want more people seeing me this way then needed. Please keep this between us. Only a handful of people even know I will be in the Juliette MV… and I’d like to keep it that way,” I answered.

She drove towards the f(x) dorm, and asked, “Will the girls be back or do you want me to go in to help with your hair?”

I had forgotten momentarily about that. “It’s late, so they may be back… everyone except Victoria of course. But I’m not sure either; Krystal and Luna haven’t texted me of their whereabouts, and they’re usually good about that. While Sulli had mentioned leaving for a few days to Busan, since we had no immediate things to take care of since unnie will be in Taiwan,” I answered. “So please unnie if you have time, come in and help me,” I pleaded. She only nodded and parked her car.

 

o-o

 

It was closer to midnight by the time the extensions had come off and I had showered and changed into comfier clothes. It felt good to be the same-old Amber again; I sighed happily as I walked out of my room to see that while waiting, Hyoyeon had made ramyun for us.

I smiled at the sight; unnie was always so sweet and caring of us all. “Gamsahabnida, unnie,” I thanked her.

She smiled and gestured for us to sit. We talked comfortably about the anticipated comeback of f(x) sometime this year and the happenings of SNSD throughout dinner. We had cleared the dishes and she decided to make some tea. We sat on the sofa in comfortable silence before she asked, “You know something, Amber?”

“Ne, unnie?” I replied.

“I’ve always thought Minho sort of liked you,” she stated.

I sat up and looked at her, almost spilling my cup of tea. “Mwoh? What… er... why do you say that, unnie?”

She shrugged her shoulders. “Just a feeling, really… You spend a lot of time together, don’t you? Plus, there are times when you two interact- there’s just something about you two… you give off this vibe of, I don’t know- mutual attraction?”

I shook my head. “Unnie, we’re best friends. Maybe you’re just seeing things,” I stated.

She shook her head back at me. “Or maybe you’re not seeing something Amber. A lot people actually wonder if you two were secretly dating,” she said, raising an eyebrow at me. “Are you two dating?”

I laughed at her expression. “Unnie, I would tell you if we were. Cause seriously, I don’t think I would be acting the way I am, or doing what I’m doing if we were dating.”

Hyoyeon pouted at me. “Perhaps you’re telling the truth,” she said. She tilted her head at me, and asked, “Then Amber… about the questions I asked earlier…”

It was my turn to raise an eyebrow at her. “Which questions was that, unnie?”

She laughed at me. “Don’t play coy, Amber. It’s me asking the question, not some reporter.” I just gave her a puzzled look. “Ok, let me ask again then… Do you like Minho? And not like a friend, or a best friend. Do you have feelings for him? Do you see him how a woman sees a man?”

I just stared at her again… and here I thought I got it easier earlier when she had not pushed me for an answer. “Uh…” did I? Maybe? I shook my head. I didn’t, did I? I’d know if I liked him, wouldn’t I? “I don’t know, unnie.”

She laughed at me and continued, “Amber-ah, you said you thought he was handsome, right?”

I nodded. “But unnie, I think a lot of men are handsome… that doesn’t mean I like all of them in that way.”

She smiled at me. “You do have a lot of handsome male friends. Do you or did you ever want to be more then friends with any of them?”

I sat there blinking my eyes at her, then crinkled my nose. “Aniyo, unnie. They’re just all friends.” I covered my mouth while giggling and added, “Unnie, you have your share of handsome male friends too.”

She ignored my comment and questioned, “What do you feel about Key?”

I smiled and answered simply, “One of my best friends.”

“Myungsoo? I mean L?”

“A good friend.”

“Donghae?”

“Eew, unnie! He’s my oppa! Same for Jjong too!”

She giggled at my response. I rolled my eyes at her.

“Henry?”

I smiled at the mention of Henry. People always assumed we were dating because we always hung out a lot. I always get questioned about our friendship- but come on; we were two of the few English-native speaking trainees when we met. It was like fate to become good friends- it was just easier to not always struggle in remembering how to say something in Korean when we could communicate in English. “Ani, he’s another best friend. We hang out a lot, and he humors me to play basketball when I feel the need to.”

“Same with Minho then?” she pushed.

Minho? I blushed at the thought. “Um,” I started to answer. She laughed.

“Amber-ah… I think you like him but you don’t know you do. Do you realize, you never hesitated to say “a friend… an oppa… at the mention of any your guy friends. But with Minho, you hesitated.” She grinned at me like she had won a prize. She stood up, took my cup from me and headed to the kitchen.

I half-pouted and thought about what she said. Maybe I did like him then? I could feel myself blush harder. I covered my face... andwae… how will I ever face him again? Oh, how embarrassing!

“Araso, Amber-ah… I’m going to head back to the dorm,” Hyoyeon said.

As she gave me a hug, my handphone started to ring. She stepped away from me and started gathering her jacket and keys. I took my handphone out of my pocket and glanced at it.

“Omo,” I gasped. Hyoyeon peered at the name on the display and smiled cheekily. She waved and left the f(x) dorm with me staring at my handphone. “Ottoke… ottoke!”

 

[A/N I'll give you all one guess as to who is calling... I didn't think I needed to say who lol. ]

 

@CassidyIsHere ~ Oh honey, I blame you for the kiss.. but I also THANK you. lol... I'm sure others are thanking you too. It wasn't a complaint, more like a compliment, k? And I think the answer to your question will be in the next chapter. Hope you are enjoying the update. :)

@YuuYuu ~ In any case of possible relationships (from friends to lovers) the people involved always have to come to terms with their feelings, ya know? I just hope I can present it well and keep it as true as to what I know/think of their personalities and with the storyline. And Hyo? I love the girl... hence why she's my #2 lol. ^^

@ErrICCA_sjh ~ I'm pleased you like the addition of Hyo. I debated using her, because there's never much interaction with the f(x) girls and SNSD ladies that I could find easily. But with her personality, thier list of mutual friends... and being in the same company, it made it an easier decision to choose her for this character. <3 loving ya too! :)

@rubyroo ~ I'm from the pacific northwest, usa... it rains here.. a lot! Its been cold and rainy for too long- we had some sun for about 2 hours today, but of course that was when I was at my desk writing, lol. But then again, I enjoyed sitting here with my hot cup of tea, and my imagination. :) So I can't complain too much. I'm always pleased to hear from readers telling me their enjoying my story- it encourages me to write more... so thank you ^^

@TwistedIllusions ~ thank you for the encouraging words, honey.. oh... UPDATE UPDATE your story- you're killing me, ya know? lol

@blindstar ~ ^^ there will be more Minber later, of course.. no worries. Glad to hear that my silly story can help lighten your day. That brings a smile to my face. :)

@Am8eRL1U ~ ta-da! My update.. lol hope you enjoyed it. Thank for always commenting, it makes me happy :)