Chapter 13

Being Juliette

 

I stared down at the handphone. Do I answer it or not? I waited too long to decide and the ringing stopped. I sighed and was about to put it back in my pocket when it started ringing again.

Incoming call from: *Minho Oppa* flashed on the screen.

I stood there just staring at it again. “Ottoke?” I asked out loud. I was startled when the door opened and in walked Krystal and Luna arguing about something or another. I turned the ringer off and shoved the handphone in my pocket.

“Unnie!” the girls yelled in unison.

I laughed and let the girls give me hugs. I had missed them so much today; I honestly think the day would have been so much better had they been there to help me; so I just hugged them tighter, wordlessly letting them know how much I missed them.

We all giggled from the group hug and the noise raised by a few decibels with each trying to tell me something that happened at the dinner they just came from. “Wait, wait…” I interrupted. “I can’t understand either of you. Let’s go sit and you can take turns telling me.” Luna grabbed a hold of my hand and dragged me over to the couch.

It took over an hour for each to share their sides of the story of what happened at the after-shoot dinner with some of the cast of Krystal’s drama. Apparently, Luna wouldn’t stop teasing Krystal about Lee Jong Suk having a crush on her and them acting very unlike siblings throughout dinner- this sort of argument had been ongoing for months, and I doubted it’d stop any time soon.

I laughed at the girls who both seemed to be over-energized still, though it was now only a few hours ‘til dawn. “So that’s why neither of you texted me to tell you where you were,” I said as we finally started standing up to get ready for bed.

Krystal turned to me and tilted her head. “But unnie, I did text you… around eleven. I even asked you if you wanted to come meet us, but you never replied. I just assumed you were still filming that MV… speaking of which, how was your filming?”

Luna added, “Oh yea… Sorry unnie, for not asking you about your day.”

I shrugged as I took my handphone out to confirm Krystal’s claim of texting me. “Omo,” I thought. Twelve missed-calls- I scrolled through the list and they were all from Minho. I sighed. Damn it, Minho… I checked the SMS messages and saw five unread messages; the one from Krystal, and four from Minho. I quickly closed my phone and shoved it back into my pocket. I’d look at it later when I was alone, I decided.

I smiled and patted both girls’ arms. “It’s late, girls. I’ll tell you in the morning. Let’s get ready for bed. You two still have filming again later. Sleep well,” I said and hugged each quickly and escaped into our room for some privacy before Luna would come back from a shower.

I crawled into bed and took out my handphone. I took a deep breath and opened up my phone.

11:32pm Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

11:34pm Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

11:38pm SMS Message From: *Minho Oppa* ~ Amber, where did you go? Pick up your phone, please. We need to talk. Please.

11:40pm Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

11:42pm SMS Message From: Krys ~ Hey Unnie! Dinner with some of castmates from HK3- wanna come meet us? Luna here too!

12:02am Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

12:28am Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

12:52am SMS Message From: *Minho Oppa* ~ Amber! You are worrying me, pick up the phone! Send me a reply… something!

1:14am Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

1:15am Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

1:40am Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

2:09am Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

2:22am SMS Message From: *Minho Oppa* ~ Amber, you are now not only worrying me; you are upsetting me. At least tell me if you made it home. If I do not hear from you within an hour, I am going to come to your dorm!

2:33am Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

2:45am Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

2:59am Missed Call From *Minho Oppa*

3:12am SMS Message From: *Minho Oppa* ~ Amber, I am coming to your dorm in ten minutes if I do not hear from you. This is no longer funny!

I glanced at my alarm clock. 3:18am Crap! I quickly started typing a SMS message when the phone rang.

Incoming call from: *Minho Oppa*

“Ottoke, ottoke…” I mumbled. I took a deep breath and clicked the answer button.

“Yoboseyo?”I quietly answered.

“Yah!” I heard Minho shout. Then he cleared his throat. “Amber-ah… I’ve been so worried. Where did you go after you left? Why didn’t you let me know where you were going? Where are you? Why didn’t you wait for me?” he asked hurriedly.

“Mianhae, Minho… I’m sorry you were worried. I’m home now, so you can stop worrying, ok?” I replied guiltily. I was still reeling in shock over the number of attempted calls he had made. I could hear him sigh.

“Amber… about today…”

I shook my head. “No Minho… I don’t want to talk about it,” I answered, feeling my cheeks start to burn again.

“Ani Amber… we need to talk about it. Even if it’s not right now or tomorrow… when you’re ready, we need to talk about it, ok?” he asked. I couldn’t reply- I had no answer for him. “Amber… ok?”

I shook my head but said, “Ne… when I’m ready.” That means ‘never.’ I sighed. “I’m tired, Minho. Mianhae again for making you worry,” I said and hung up.

I put my phone on my dresser, turned off the light… hugged my pillow and gave in to the tears I had held in all evening.

 

o-o

 

Minho POV

“I’m tired, Minho. Mianhae again for making you worry,” she said and ended the call.

“Amber? Yah!” I yelled. I looked at my handphone, closed it and threw it on my bed. I groaned in frustration. I had been worried sick all night, and all she could say was “Mianhae.” I rubbed my chest and took a deep breath- damn you Amber, I was going crazy worrying.

When we were finally done filming, after bowing and thanking the director and other crew members, I ran to find Amber. I looked everywhere; even the dressing room she had used- but she had but disappeared. All I saw left of her was the dress, mask, and shoes she had worn for the shoot. There had been no trace of Julie left except for the clothes… and I couldn’t exactly ask people if they had seen Amber since no one knew she had even been there.

I remembered the looks the other SHINee members had given me once I returned to our dressing room. I had no explanation; nothing I could say to them. Keeping in the frustration I felt when Amber ran off… the worry I felt over the whole night- it made my head ache.

I barely remembered just going through the motions of changing, removing the makeup and going to the van to go grab a late dinner. I kept calling Amber and texting her with no response. With each time I would hear that blasted message when she wouldn’t pick up, I’d get more worried and more upset. The other members must have sensed it for they left me alone the whole night.

I paced back and forth… unsure of everything that had happened. Was she that upset over the kiss? Was she embarrassed? I stood still and shook my head at the memory of the kiss.

I touched my lips and remembered the feel of my lips on hers… it had been the briefest of touches, but I distinctly remembered the shape of her lips… the feeling of my hand on the back of her slim neck… the smoothness of her skin when I had run a finger down her cheek… I had washed my hands numerous times since then, but I swear I could still smell her soft perfume. I groaned and walked over to a window and opened it- letting the cold morning air cool me down. I took a deep breath and sighed.

“Pabo,” I said outloud. I pounded my chest in frustration. I had only planned on making it look like a kiss for the camera… but once I saw her lips up close… once she closed her eyes… I couldn’t help but give in to the temptation. “Ottoke, Minho… what have you gotten yourself into?” I opened my eyes, looked up at the moon and sighed. “You’ve just gone and fallen for your best friend, haven’t you?”

 

[A/N Woot! Another update, (the longest chapter as of yet!) AND I really liked how this one turned out... though it took me forever to quit tweaking it lol. I truly hope you all enjoy. And yes.. detailed Minber interactions as people suggested will be present in upcoming chapters- I agree, that's probably the 2% that was missing in the last chapter. I made it a point to add a loveline for Krystal, cause its a BIG NO for Minstal (in my heart, lol) And, thought I'd mention as I have before- Amber is awesome and suit a lot of people... for the last chapter when I mentioned all those guys- if she ended up with any of 'em, I'd support her/them all the way. But in my demented imagination and obsession of this Minber-world, it'll always be Minber!! lol... enough from me! ^^ <3]

 

@ch1k3r ~ lol, trust me, rereading the chapters to write the next ones, as well just the continuous writing makes me want keep writing nonstop. :) I didn't understand what you meant by "but seems lack of sth" ? please clarify and I will try to write better- thank you for the comments

@CassidyIsHere ~ I'd like to think Hyo is a Minber fan too lol... she's always been a choding, but beyond that, no one would doubt that she's a great unnie/noona/sunbae. I'm not going to comment on my being or not being a ert, but I'm too shy to attempt any erted writing aka ... what I've described is probably as far as I could write (for now- who knows about the future? lol)

@TwistedIllusions ~ thank you again for the compliment. I loved your update, but you're gonna kill me with the anticipation.. meanie :P lol

@YuuYuu ~ Hope you keep enjoying my updates, hon. ^^

@blindstar ~ I don't even know what will happen til I sit and write.. so I'm anticipating as much as you all, lol.. hope you're liking the updates!

@ErrICCA_sjh ~ thats the best thing about having great unnies.. someone to help you and advise you on things like this. Unfortunately, I'm the unnie/noona in my family. But thank goodness for my best friend.. she takes on that role for me. lol...