Chapter 4

Being Juliette

[A/N I'm just on a roll.. however shortish they turn out. I'm really loving this story and storyline. Then again, I just love Minber. :)) However, I'm done for the night. Enjoy and tune in tomorrow for more! lol]

 

 

I exhaled a breath I had not known I was holding. I ran my hands down the dress at the invisible wrinkles and looked at Minho. “Ready to go?” I asked. Nothing. “Minho?” Still no response. I slapped his arm and asked, “Do I look THAT bad?” I was agitated and could feel tears starting to well up.

His mouth opened and closed with no words coming forth… twice... three times.

“Fine! Don’t answer me,” I nearly shouted and walked around him to head towards where the others were probably all waiting for us.

Minho cleared his throat. “No… no Amber. You look… beautiful,” I heard him say.

I stopped walking and turned around. “Mwoh?”

He stood there, silently staring at me again. I rolled my eyes, wondering when this day would end. “Ha, ha, Minho. I don’t appreciate the joking right now. Just please,” I started to beg him as I turned around to head towards the others again, “please keep this from the other members. I’m doing this only because I have to.”

I straightened myself, and attempted to put on the feathered mask. But of course it’d get stuck on my hair. Come on, I wasn’t used to long hair... but really, why now of all times? I felt like running away and just crying. But I then felt Minho take my mask and help me adjust it. I looked up at him, but he was doing a damn good job of ignoring me now. “Fine, I’ll just ignore you too,” I thought and sighed.

 

Minho POV

 

“Omo, what did I just say?” I thought to myself. I mean, she was beautiful... always has been, but I was acting like such a pabo. This is Amber! Your best friend, fellow sports-fanatic, and one of the guys! Of course, a prettier and more caring… one of the guys… right? But… I was totally just checking her out right then… wasn’t I? I sighed, quite disgusted with the traffic jam of thoughts jumbling around in my head.

“I meant, you’re beautiful and will fit the part perfectly, Amber,” I said, attempting to clear up my previous comment. I tugged at the corner of her mask one more time and cleared my throat. She just looked up at me… expressionless… but, that was an obvious lie. I wasn’t sure what her expression meant though. Annoyance? Anger? Disappointment? I put my hand on her shoulder and tried to lead her back to the others, but she shrugged me off. My bet would be all of the above. I sighed, unsure of what to do or say now.

“I promised noona I’d keep it a secret, and I meant it, ok?” I asked, hoping that she’d talk to me. All I got was a nod. Great, now I was getting the silent treatment.

We looked up when we heard Key hyung walking towards us. Amber started to take a step back, but bumped into me.

“Where have you been Minho? It’s time for your solo… Onew’s about to…” Key started to say, but glanced over at Amber. “Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Key, are you the lady in red for our MV?”

Amber just looked at him. I looked at Amber and then at Key, and quickly said, “Hyung, this is... uh… a friend of Victoria noona’s. Since she was flying to Taiwan tonight and couldn’t make the MV shoot, she recommended her friend here. She only speaks English and Chinese.”

Amber looked at me. I know… I know… what the heck was coming out of my mouth? I had no idea either.

“Ah, well a friend of Victoria is a friend of SHINee then. We will all help take care of you,” Key spoke in English.

Amber smiled at him and I could see him turn a little pink. “Thank you, Key-ssi,” she replied quietly in her fluent English and in a voice I’ve never heard her use before. No way... Key was... blushing? Oh my god! He really was blushing! What was that all about?

I looked at Key and then at Amber, getting slightly uncomfortable at the awkward atmosphere surrounding us all. “Should we get going, hyung?” I asked at an attempt to move this along.

“Ah, ne…” he answered. “So, what is your name and where are you from?” Key asked turning to look at Amber, as he slowly walked until they were walking together. I wasn’t sure if I liked what was going on.

“Oh, I’m from the United States and my name is… Julie,” she answered.

‘Julie?” I repeated in my head. Where did that name come from?

Key laughed. “Julie to play Juliette! Perfect, if I say so,” he said smiling at her. She just smiled back at him.

Oh, I definitely didn’t like this… but blasted if I knew why I didn't.

 

@Am8eRL1U ~ we'll have to wait and see where my imagination leads us. lol :)

@CassidyIsHere ~ but isn't Minho ALWAYS cute? lol :)