Chapter 22

Being Juliette

[A/N K, this is a long one... I hope you enjoy it. ^^ I never ask for comments, but I'd like to see/read your reactions to this chapter. <3]

 

 

Minho POV

As the choreographer looked at us and nodded that he was finally happy with the progression we were making, we all slumped down on the floor. I sighed tiredly- I hadn’t had enough sleep the night before, and with only two hours of sleep, being woken up by Onew hyung to head in for more practice made me even grumpier.

“Take a break, boys… then back to dance, dance, and more dance!” the choreographer said and walked out of the practice room.

“Thank goodness,” said Jonghyun. “Is it me or is today harder than the other days?”

Taemin laughed. “It’s you… I mean, it had nothing to do with all of us staying out late at the party last night, right?” he asked and smirked.

“Yah! Well… maybe,” Jonghyun said and made Key and Onew laugh.

I just sat where I was and shook my head at them.

We all looked up at the quick knock on the door, and saw manager hyung walk in. We all stood up and bowed in greeting.

“Boys, some schedules have been added for you,” he said and made Key groan. He had been kept busy with rehearsals for his musical, and preparing for our comeback.

Manager hyung looked at him and laughed. “Not you, Key- you’re busy enough,” which made Key grin happily. “Minho and Onew, you’ll be doing Shim Shim Tapa in two nights and you’ll be filming the SME special episode of Happy Together at the end of the week- it’s for the last of the promotions before the SME Collaborative DVD is released. They requested for Onew and Minho was the only one available those nights- all right? I’ll let you know more schedules, as they come up. Now keep practicing hard!” he said and walked back out.

I groaned tiredly. I couldn’t complain really… at least it’ll keep me busy and my mind off of a certain person- I still wasn’t sure what to do with knowing that Amber loved me. I mean, I was ecstatic that she did… but I was nervous in how to go from where we were to where I wanted us to be. At this point, she would just run again, and I didn’t think my heart could handle her running away again.

I sighed, closed my eyes and laid back down. Suddenly a towel was thrown at me.

“Yah! Minho… just what is your problem these past few days?” Key asked angrily.

I sat up and looked at him. “Nothing,” I answered.

“Whatever, Minho… we’ve let you mope and be a total grouch for over two weeks- I for one am tired of it. Either tell us what is going on, or quit acting like you’re dying!” he practically yelled at me.

“Hyung!” Taemin exclaimed. “Leave Minho alone… he must be going through something if he’s been this way- the way you’re acting isn’t going to help.”

“That’s the point, Taemin… he has to be going through something- but he’s not saying anything. You!” Key said pointing at me, “Why won’t you tell us so we can help? Or if we can’t help, at least so we know and won’t be so annoyed with you!”

I looked at my members and sighed. I guess keeping it to myself hasn’t been helping me any- so why not tell them then?

“Fine… you want to know what’s been making me be this way?” I asked as I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. “Its… its…”

“Oh, come on… its what?” Key asked, as he crossed his arms.

Jonghyun smirked at me. “It’s about a girl, isn’t it?”

I looked at him and clamped my mouth shut. “Omo, it is about a girl! I was just joking, too!” he said and laughed. I glared at him and he quieted down but I could see he was still grinning.

“Who?” Onew asked, as he walked over and sat down next to me. The other boys all joined us on the floor then.

I sighed. “This stays between us?” I asked, and they nodded. Key rolled his eyes as if to say, ‘Duh!’ “Remember Julie? From the Juliette MV shoot?”

Key’s eyes widened. “You fell for Julie! I knew it- you were acting all lovey with her, wasn’t he, Onew?”

“Key,” Onew said in his usual calm voice, and patted his arm. “Let’s hear what Minho has to say.”

“Well… Julie isn’t who you thought she was,” I continued and looked at each of them for their reactions. “It was Amber.”

Immediate murmurs of “What are you talking about?” “Amber who?” surrounded me. I continued to tell them everything, down to the events that happened last night. They all sat there silent.

Jonghyun and Key were both giving me looks I could only interpret as “Hurt my dongsaeng, and I hurt you.” While Onew was looking as if he still couldn’t believe everything he heard. Taemin, on the other hand was grinning at me.

“Noona is pretty and nice. I’m glad she loves you,” Taemin said, in his innocent way. “What are you going to do now?” he asked.

“Yah, why aren’t you fighting for her? Do you even really like her?” Key asked.

“Every time I try to talk to her, she runs… I’m trying to find a way to talk to her where she can’t leave- so we can clear any misunderstandings. I really do love her, hyung… don’t make fun of me.” I said, which made him smirk.

Jonghyun started laughing, which made us all look at him. “I have an idea,” he said, which made me nervous- sometimes his ideas were a little scary.

 

Amber POV

It was the night of the Shim Shim Tapa radio show, and Victoria and I were in the van. We were running through possible questions Shindong may ask, so I could practice answering without stuttering- we were still nervous to speak in Korean sometimes, especially on live radio.

“We’ll do fine, Amber. Fighting!” Victoria said cheerfully. I could only smile at her.

“Oppa,” I started asking our manager, “Who else is going to be there tonight?”

“Hmm… I read that they would have Donghae and Leeteuk… Hyoyeon... Minho and Onew… Yunho and you two,” he answered as he entered the parking complex of the radio station.

With the mention of Minho, I glanced over at Victoria and mouthed, “Ottoke?” She just shook her head but patted my arm and smiled- I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm down and smiled back.

As we entered the waiting room, I could see we were the last two to arrive. We bowed in greeting and everyone stood and bowed back.

Donghae smiled and nodded at me, while Hyoyeon walked over to give Victoria and I hugs. As Hyoyeon hugged me, she quickly whispered, “You’ll be fine,” which made me smile.

Soon after we headed into the studio and all sat down. I found myself sitting next to Hyoyeon and Victoria, with Minho across from me. I looked away when I saw him looking at me.

The first hour went by fairly easy- we had given our opinions of the DVD and then updated everyone what each group was up to. Cheers and claps were given when Hyoyeon mentioned the success in New York with SNSD, as well as for the anticipated SHINee and f(x) comebacks. It was especially fun when Shindong made us pair up and try to sing one another’s songs- Victoria and I made everyone laugh at our interpretation of TVXQ’s “Keep Your Head Down.” I admit, I failed at Yunho’s rap, but laughed it off with everyone else.

As the second hour passed, we were all still enjoying ourselves, and by then I had stopped feeling nervous. As it neared the end of show Shindong suddenly asked a question that made me go quiet- including Donghae, Hyoyeon, and Victoria.

“So, many of us at SM Entertainment are close, but has there ever been a time when you wanted to tell someone something, but couldn’t for whatever reason?” Shindong asked us.

Donghae spoke up first. “I’ve always wanted to say something to Heechul hyung… and I know it may be because he’s in the service right now, so it’s easier to say this but… I’ve always wanted to say- why don’t you hang out with your members as much as you do with your other friends?” This made all of us laugh, since Eunhyuk had mentioned this before and it was now sort of an inside-company joke.

Once we quieted down, Leeteuk made the comment that he truly loved and cared for each of his sunbaes/hoobaes in the company, but never had the opportunity to put it out generally in such a way- which brought out a lot of smiles and awws.

When no one else appeared to have anything else to say, Shindong turned to Minho and said, “Minho-goon… I heard you had requested to sing a song with a message to someone, is that correct?”

“Ne, Shindong hyung… I’ve wanted to say something to someone, but I keep missing out on the timing,” he said.

I glanced at him and saw that he was staring at me. I turned to look at Donghae and he could only shrug his shoulders; Hyoyeon just patted my hand.

“Ok then, Minho… what is the song you’ll be singing?” Shindong asked.

“It’s a song that will explain how I’m feeling. It’s called ‘Just the Way You Are’ by the American singer, Bruno Mars.”

I heard Victoria gasp and felt myself freeze at the mention of the song title.

“All right then, Minho… the floor is yours.”

I couldn’t help but watch him. He stood and walked over to the microphone- adjusted his headphones and glanced up at me.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying 
She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

Yeah, I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look ok, I say

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are (yeah)

Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she’d let me
Her laugh, her laugh, she hates but I think it's so y
She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day

Oh, you know, you know, you know, I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same
So, don't even bother asking if you look ok
You know I'll say

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are
The way you are, the way you are
Girl you're amazing, just the way you are

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Cause girl you're amazing, just the way you are. Yeah

The whole time he sang, his eyes never left mine. I could feel my face turn red and my pulse race… I didn’t know what to think or how to react. As he finished the song, I looked down… I could feel tears slowly run down my face. I quickly wiped the tears away, took my headphones off and stood up. As I turned to run out of the room, I felt Minho grab hold of my hand and run with me.

 

@YuuYuu ~ another cliffhanger, but i hope you liked it ^^ <3

@sleepylips ~ there's the update- ta da!  did it meet your expectations? lol <3

@TwistedIllusions  ~ <3 What'd ya think?

@rubyroo ~ how's that for some of the compensation? and thank you for the compliment! <3

@CassidyIsHere ~ so... not overly much on the MINBER action, but... sweetish chapter, eh? :P lol <3

@blindstar ~ aww.. you love me.. lol.. I love hyohae, so it wasn't difficult to write em in lol <3

@clumsy_g ~ how was that for doing something? gosh, if a man did that for me... *sighs dreamily* lol hope you enjoyed it! <3

@vip_love ~ i wouldn't mind a boyfriend like the donghae in this story either... woot! lol, makes me think of a conversation the other day- someone asked me why i wasn't dating any more- i told them i blamed kpop. they asked what i meant... i said, have you seen the hotness they exude compared to boys in our city? she face-palmed and said nothing... thought i'd share that.. kekekeke <3