Chapter 23

Being Juliette

 

Minho POV

Shindong looked at me and asked, “Ok then, Minho… what is the song you’ll be singing?”

I was nervous about what I was about to do- it would be breaking all the rules and definitely anger many people; the management of SM Entertainment and our fans both- but I was out of options. If this was the only way to share my feelings, the only way to finally have her realize how much she means to me; how much I want her to be mine- then rules be damned.

“It’s a song that will explain how I’m feeling,” I started to say and locked eyes with Amber, “it’s called ‘Just the Way You Are” by the American singer Bruno Mars.”

I heard Victoria gasp and could see Amber freeze- but I refused to look away from her. I pleaded with my eyes for her to listen to the song; the words- and realize my sincerity when I sang them for her.

“All right then, Minho… the floor is yours.”

I stood up and walked over to the microphones- adjusted my headphones and glanced back up at Amber. Please, Amber… listen to the words I will be saying… believe me… see what I see when I look at you… I never once looked away from her the whole time I sang… I didn’t care what the others were doing, or thinking… everything done and said at this moment was for her alone.

As I was nearing the end of the song, I saw Amber look down. Her face was red, and she had tears on her face- it made my heart ache, but I was past wanting and waiting for her to know how I felt- I needed her to know. I saw her wipe the tears away, take her headphones off and stand up- damn it! She was going to run again! I quickly looked over at Onew and Donghae- they both mouthed the words, “Go after her!” So before she could even start to run, I caught her hand in mine… and started to run with her.

I could hear her crying as we ran through the doors, past all the engineers and even some of our managers- but she made no attempt to pull away from me, so I kept running and pulling her along. I’m not sure why no one tried stopping us, but I didn’t question it- we just kept running until we reached my car. I opened the passenger side door, and only then did I let her hand go. I helped her sit, leaned over to help her buckle and ran to the driver’s side.

As we made our way out of the parking structure and on to the highway, I took a hold of her hand again, and laced our fingers together. She just looked up at me silently; her eyes still filled with tears… and I waited to see if she would pull away. After what seemed like minutes of silence, she gently squeezed my hand… closed her eyes and turned away to look out the window.

It was just the simple squeeze of my hand in hers, but after everything we had been through- it was more than I could have dreamed of. I smiled but stayed silent- I hadn’t a clue of where to go, or do… but for now, having her by my side was enough.

 

After driving aimlessly for over an hour, I parked the car in one of the empty parking lots at the Han River Park. After turning off the engine, I turned to face her and saw that though her eyes were closed and she was facing away from me; her reflection let me see that she had silently been crying.

I unlaced our fingers and gently turned her face to mine. She looked up and I could feel my breath catch- with the light of the moon shining down on her… she was even more breathtakingly beautiful. I reached my hands out, and carefully wiped her tears away with my thumbs… and then with one finger, ran it down her cheek as I did once before… my hand moved to cradle the back of her neck and pulled her closer as I leaned in…

I looked up into her face and saw her eyes widen- with nervousness or anticipation, I wasn’t sure- but I swallowed the lump in my throat, moved my hands to pull her face closer and whispered, “Mianhe, Amber… but I can’t help but do this…” and moved closer still until our lips finally met. I closed my eyes once I saw her close hers- her lips were the same as I remembered… the feel of them, the taste… made my heart race. A small part of me feared opening my eyes and finding that it was all a dream… but when she finally let out a quiet moan and raised her hands to my face, moving them through my hair- I internally sighed in relief.

After many minutes of just kissing one another, I pulled away and rested my forehead on hers. I was breathing heavily, and felt lightheaded, but happier then I ever have before. I bent my head again and whispered, “Saranghae…” onto her lips and kissed her again. She let me kiss her… softly nibbling her lips and just running my hand through her soft hair.

It was much later that we just moved outside to sit on the hood of my car, as Amber had wanted to see the full moon and stars. I quietly and happily laid there next to Amber, her small hand in mine- staring at the beauty of the Seoul night sky.

I turned to her when she quietly said, “Oppa?”

“Ne, Amber?” I answered, running my thumb across her wrist; feeling her pulse beating as fast as I was sure my own was.

She cleared … “Why did you do that? There’s going to be a scandal- and we’re going to get in trouble.”

I sighed at her comment, but pulled her closer. “I knew I would be breaking the rules, Amber… and make lots of people angry… but you left me no options. It was the only way I could make you see how I felt about you without you running away.” I looked down at her, raised her face so she could see mine, and gave her a smile. “I wanted you to know that I love you… that I wanted you to know how much you mean to me, and that I want you to be mine- the rules be damned.”

“B-but oppa… why me? You can choose anyone- why would you choose someone like me?” she asked. I could tell how much it took her to ask that question.

I squeezed her hand and pulled it to place it over my heart. “Did you not listen to the words I sang you? I truly mean them with everything that I am, Amber… I think I’ve always loved you, but didn’t realize it. I’ve always thought you beautiful… caring, smart… thoughtful, loving, and talented. I didn’t fall in love with you only because of the way you look, but with everything that you are.”

She shook her head at me. “I can’t help but wonder…”

“Wonder what, Amber?” I asked.

“Wonder if it’s just because of Julie… I mean how I looked as Julie. I know I’m not feminine, and…”

I leaned down and kissed her. “If I was honest, I would have to say that Julie only played a small part of making me realize my feelings for you. People were suddenly aware of how beautiful you were- those that look only at superficial things Amber… and it made me angry… and jealous. The more I thought about why I was angry and jealous, the more sense it made to me that I was in love with my best friend.”

She just stared up at me silently.

“Don’t get me wrong, Amber. I liked the way you looked as Julie… but I like the way you look all the time… and… I like how you look here,” I said and pointed to her heart. “I want to be with you, Amber… love you and care for you… and I don’t care what others will think or say.”

She took a deep breath and shook her head. “Oppa… I’m just scared. What’s going to happen… with everything? SHINee and f(x)… the fans. I don’t think I could anything that would cause trouble for you, or SHINee, or the other f(x) members.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, afraid of her answer.

“Saranghae, oppa… but, I can’t help but think we shouldn’t do this. What if they do something to SHINee or f(x)? You know…” she whispered, “Pull schedules, or switch endorsements to others… or things like that? I wouldn’t want that to happen to you.”

“Those things don’t matter to me, Amber…” I thought about it for a second then frowned. “Wait, do you not love me, Amber? Is this all an excuse to break it easy to me?”

She sat up, pushed me away and crossed her arms. “How could you even ask that question, oppa! I can’t believe you!”

I smiled at her reaction- she really did love me. I pulled her into a hug and said, “Then we’ll take everything that comes, Amber- as long as we have each other, we’ll be just fine.”

 

 

The sun was rising when I finally made it back to the SHINee dorm. I parked my car and glanced at my watch- I had almost two hours before I was needed at practice, so I planned on showering, and grabbing a quick bite before heading out. I happily stretched and smiled- it was a great night, and I expected it to be a great day ahead.

What I didn’t expect as I opened the door to the dorm was an angry manager hyung waiting…

 

[A/N The "reality" of their choices need to be dealt with before this story ends- I only hope to portray it realistically but yet still enjoyable to you all. Unless things go awry in my plans, next chapter will be the end- fair warning, my friends. <3]

 

@blindstar ~ I thought of using that song a long time ago... whenever I struggled in writing, I'd play the song and envision myself in either Minho or Amber's roles and let it lead me back to writing... only bad thing about that song is that I now randomly sing it... even at work! lol

@ch1k3r ~ scandals... you must have read my mind... touching on that soon. :( 

@sleepylips ~ I honestly was nervous writing this chapter- I've never attempted to write fluff... I hoped I did well?

@DayDreamer_ ~ I wish they'd run away and make babies in RL- omgosh theyd be adorable! and we'll see how she feels about the SHINee boys knowing, later... maybe lol <3

@clumsy_g ~ I'm a hopeless romantic... I just hope how I wrote everything came out understandable lol <3

@vip_love ~ Meh... asian men in general... I live in an area where there are hardly any asian men.. pfft lol hope you liked the update! <3

@YuuYuu ~ Glad you liked the last cliffhanger... but please don't hate me for this one ^^ I promise a happy ending, k? <3

@CassidyIsHere ~ Aren't you just proud of em for finally owning up to their feelings and acting on them? :) <3

@Am8eRL1U ~ Yea, I sorta saw this going like a Kdrama... but I'll take that as a compliment.  Thanks! lol <3

@TwistedIllusions ~ Hope you enjoyed this update... I sorta feel like I went overboard fluffy, but I'm ok with it.. lol <3

@Aika0330 ~ Scandals... *sighs* People just need to learn to be fans and let their idols be human too. MY personal issues concerning idols I like and their significant others, is if its not who I want them to be with- but I won't like go anti or postal on anyone/thing, ya know? As long theyre happy... then we should be happy for them! bleh on stupid "fans" lol... <3