Chapter 5

Being Juliette

 

“So, what is your name and where are you from?” Key asked turning to look at me, as he slowly walked until we were walking together. I looked at him and mentally cursed Minho for his lie.

“Oh, I’m from the United States,” I started to say. “And my name is…” Oh, hell… I automatically almost said Amber. Damn it, what do I say? No stuttering… don’t stutter! Just pick a name... Mary? Jane? Wait! Juliette... Julie! “Julie.” I could feel my face turn pink with the lie and the million thoughts zooming around in my poor head at the moment.

Key laughed. “Julie to play Juliette! Perfect, if I say so,” he said smiling. I smiled back at him.

This was easier than I thought, as much as I hated to lie to one of my best friends. But, he wouldn’t have suspected Minho and I both lying, so he just accepted all as truth. I sighed quietly, but was thankful for him being unsuspecting of anything funny or strange.

However, the question of why Victoria told Minho instead of Key suddenly flashed through my mind, and so I made a mental note to ask her the next time I talked to her.

Key was telling me about all the SHINee members and though I really wasn’t able to concentrate- plus the fact that I knew almost all there was to know about them already- I just kept nodding and smiling at him. That seemed to appease him to keep talking. I glanced behind us at Minho and saw that he was staring at Key with a strange look. What’s with that look? I shrugged and again wondered if Minho was feeling ill.

                                                            o--o

We finally reached the filming set. I saw they were filming Jjong’s solo shots- guess they decided to wait a little longer for Minho. As we got closer, I could see Onew, and their manager look up at us. I froze which caused Minho to bump into me. I felt him put both his hands on my shoulders and whisper, “Should we tell hyung? Or does he not know you’re you?” I guess we were both wondering if manager oppa knew that it was me. I turned to look at him and shrugged, unsure of what the case was.

Key looked at Minho and wacked his arm. “Yah! I know she’s pretty, but hands off, dongsaeng!” he whispered in Korean to Minho. Minho immediately took his hands off my shoulders and stepped back. He was bright pink again… I really had to ask him soon if he was feeling alright.

I blushed at the round-a-bout compliment but felt thankful for the mask. Guess tonight was my night to stay pink. I pretended to not understand what Key said and just smiled at them both. Being clueless always tended to work for some girls… so it was worth a try, right? I shrugged.

Onew and manager oppa started to walk towards us. I could see both barely containing themselves in telling Minho off for disappearing on them. But Key distracted them by introducing me.

“Hyungs, this is Julie. She is a friend of Victoria, and she’s been kind enough to step in and be in the MV. Minho was fetching her for us… that was what was taking him so long. She only speaks English and Chinese, so I can help translate,” he smiled at them.

Immediately, the expressions of both of them changed to happier ones. Luckily, they seemed to have bought the Julie story too, so yay for Key in answering our earlier question and making it easier for me.

I smiled at them, and bowed ninety degrees. “Annyeonghaseyo,” I started and then remembered I had to speak in English. “My name is Julie, a pleasure to meet you. Please take care of me,” I finished quietly. I had to remember that all of the SHINee members could recognize my voice, but hopefully speaking slowly and quietly, my voice wouldn’t be easily recognized. Less talking would be best, I decided.

We soon learned that since Minho had disappeared, he was pushed to being filmed last and that Taemin was up next. Then it would be my turn, and then everyone. I had to give it to Key; he was being very patient in explaining everything to me, though I admit I felt guilty because I already understood everything.

Manager oppa then suggested we all sit and wait for our turns. While manager oppa went to check on Taemin as he was getting his makeup touched up, I followed the SHINee boys to where there were comfortable chairs for us to sit on. I started to sit down but reminded myself I was in a dress so I had to sit more like a girl. As I crossed my legs, I saw Minho take off his black jacket and put it over my legs. I looked up in somewhat of surprise, but smiled and said, “Thank you, Minho-ssi.” However, he looked away before sitting across from me.

Key turned to Onew, pointed at me, then at Minho and whispered loudly in Korean, “Julie is beautiful isn’t she? I think someone has a crush on her.” They both laughed which caused Minho to grunt in response. I looked at the pink-faced Minho but then turned to Key and Onew and gave them my blank I-didn’t-understand-what-you-said look. This only caused them to laugh louder.

Key smiled and said in English, “We’re going to check on Jonghyun’s progress, and we’ll be back.” I nodded and just smiled at him again.

As they left, I turned to Minho to ask him if he was feeling ok, but he stood up as if to walk away. “Um, ok,” I sighed and said to myself. Something is definitely wrong with him tonight.

However, he turned, looked around a bit, and crouched down in front of me. He looked at me and said, “Amber? Just so you know, I wasn’t joking earlier.”

Before I could make any sort of response, he stood up and walked away.

 

[A/N So, I started writing this at lunchtime, but with work being crazy right now, I barely made it pass three paragraphs. I had a hard time writing this chapter- the whole time I kept thinking I was dragging the story along, but I hope with the speed in which I'm updating, it won't be too draggy. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, and look forward to another chapter soon. BTW, I took the morning off tomorrow, so I'm hoping to update another chapter soonish-maybe even tonight, since I don't plan on sleeping til later. <3]

 

@CassidyIsHere ~ I seem to like giving Minho the last word in my chapters.. but.. it just goes. lol. I'm not sure about the kiss.. we'll have to wait and see, but oh Minho, he's definitely crushing on our Ms. Liu. ^^

@Onewlicia ~ They are dorkily cute.. in my opinion, perfect for one another lol

@YuuYuu ~ I think he has no idea he's jealous.. poor unsuspecting boy :)

@ErrICCA_sjh ~ Welcome to the new world of Minberism... I hope you enjoy the ride lol... though, honestly, I really love Minber, Amber is cute and perfect with anyone... Key, Siwon, Heechul, Myungsoo... even Eru! I nearly swooned watching that episode of IY2 ^^

@TwistedIllusions ~ Amber is just simply cute in any shape or form.. even embarassment lol

@rubyroo ~ I'm glad the story could help bring a smile to your face. As for me, I'm going to have faith that Amber will stay in IY2 (she's one of two reasons I even watch it- Hyo being the other) but even if she doesn't, let's hope more people will realize how much of a fanbase she has and she'll get even better offers soon. :)

@sleepylips ~ thank you for the compliment! Anything Minho (or Amber) always makes the day better, right? lol :)