Chapter 7

Being Juliette

 

[A/N I worked on this all morning... I hate waiting for updates and since I currently have no life, what better way then to update a story.. lol. Enjoy friends, ^^]

I sat there staring at Minho walk away. I felt like I couldn’t breathe. He… wasn’t joking? What was that supposed to mean? He wasn’t going to keep my secret? He… I ran through the events of this afternoon and tried to remember everything that happened.

Minho cleared his throat. “No… no Amber. You look… beautiful,” I heard him say.

I stopped walking and turned around. “Mwoh?”

He stood there, silently staring at me again. I rolled my eyes, wondering when this day would end. “Ha, ha, Minho. I don’t appreciate the joking right now. Just please,” I started to beg him as I turned around to head towards the others again,“please keep this from the other members. I’m doing this only because I have to.”

I slouched in my chair and closed my eyes. Did I fall into Alice’s hole… or wake up in an alternative world? Are we filming some hidden camera show? Just what was going on today? I sighed and tried to calm my nerves down. For the lack of something else to do, I hummed along to Juliette being played in the studio.

“Do you know our songs?” I heard someone ask in Korean. I opened my eyes, sat up and saw a smiling Taemin standing near me. When I didn’t answer him, he asked in English, “Do you speak Korean?” I just shook my head at him.

He smiled, bowed and introduced himself, “Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Taemin, the maknae, er… the youngest of SHINee.”

I stood up, smiled and bowed back. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am Julie. It is nice to meet you.”

He kept standing, and then I realized he was waiting for me to sit. I could have face-palmed myself. I was just used to all of us being comfortable with one another and not waiting for things like this. I sat and adjusted Minho’s jacket around my legs. He then sat, but stood up and walked into the adjacent room and grabbed two bottles of water. Returning, he opened one and handed it to me.

“Water?” he asked smiling. I nodded and smiled at him. This was the Taemin I knew, so immediately felt very comfortable. “Have you shoot yet?” he asked.

I shook my head at him. “After Minho-ssi,” I answered quietly. He nodded and we both went silent. Though, I admit it wasn’t uncomfortable, which I was glad- both of us just humming along to the song, our heads bopping to the beat. I really did like this song and smiled to myself.

We both looked over at the sound of footsteps. Minho walked over to us and came to stand by me. “They need me to go film soon,” he said, as I looked up at him. “I asked one of the cordi-noonas for this…” he held up a yellow fleece blanket, “because I need my jacket,” he finished.

“Oh, sure,” I whispered, handing him back his jacket but before I could take the blanket, he unwrapped it and put it on my lap, covering my legs again. I looked away slightly and nodded. “Thank you.” I could feel him looking at me, and hoped my cheeks weren’t turning pink, though I could feel the heat.

“Even without any words, I already know everything…” Taemin sang. Minho and I both turned to look at him; Minho’s mouth open, and my eyes wide. Taemin looked at me, giggled and said, “I forgot you not understand Korean. I was just singing my part,” while gesturing in the air towards what I think he meant the song.

I sighed, relieved that I wasn’t caught. Minho closed his mouth and turned to walk away again. I pursed my lips as my eyes followed the retreating idol. This is too weird… whatever this was that was going on between us. I shook my head and looked over to Taemin just smiling at me again.

They finished with Jonghyun’s individual filming and so Taemin left to go film, leaving me alone again. Oh, how I missed the craziness of filming with the f(x) members. Sulli, Krystal, Luna or even sometimes Victoria would be talking a mile a minute or just dancing crazily. I smiled, and felt grateful for my group mates and it made me miss them.

I sat alone for over fifteen minutes before I could hear more people enter the waiting room. I assumed they were extras for the shoot. They all bowed slightly at me, but stayed across the room. I raised an eyebrow but shrugged it off. The thought that if I was here as Amber, I would be surrounded by the SHINee members just messing around, instead of sitting here alone crossed my mind- if things were only that simple… I sighed.

Key came into the waiting room, slightly bowed at the extras and walked over to me. “They’re almost ready for Minho’s filming. You will be after. Would you like to come and watch while you wait? Sorry for leaving you here alone… we were monitoring our individual shots with the director.”

I nodded and stood up. “It’s ok, “I smiled and followed him to the set.

He took advantage of the time and started to explain what they had decided I would be doing in the MV. “It will be like the original with Krystal, but like with the rest of the MV, we wanted it classier, a chance to show the mature side of us. No multi-colored clothes or cute expressions. iness, you know?” he asked. I nodded. “You’re in red instead of white, because we wanted to also show a different image of the girl that was attracting us. We wanted someone who would show the lyrics… let me translate a few lines…”

“Please give me a chance, when you look at me with those eyes… I want to hold you in my arms. But to the impatient me, you’re like a playful fox.

You’re already the center of the whole world, my focus. You play me all day, and even if you push me, pull me, and I fall down… I follow your scent that embraces my body again. I can’t stop, so take all of my heart and my breath.

Even without any words, I already know everything. Your eyes said they want me badly. I can’t escape this habit of chasing after you; you spread like an irresistible poison.”

“Can you imagine it?” he asked me smiling. I just nodded back at him and smiled. I could tell he was proud of the changes in the concept. I truly liked the changes they were going to make, and could only hope that I wouldn’t make any mistakes.

We quieted down as we neared the cameras. They were doing a close up of Minho dancing and rapping. I guess being good friends with him; I took for granted the charisma he gave off that made millions of fangirls swoon. However, today… watching him close up while he stared down the camera… as he his lips… I couldn’t tear my eyes away from him, and could feel my heart beat faster and faster.

I subconsciously raised my palm to cover my heart. “Omo,” I thought. “What is wrong with me today?”

 

@ch1k3r ~ Well, let's hope that the powers that be, will see what we in Amber and give her a chance. We all know she will do well, if given a chance to prove herself. I hope you are enjoying the story ^^

@blindstar ~ no one can help fangirling when it comes to Minho.. or Amber.. or ANY of the SM Entertainment artists.. :)

@YuuYuu ~ Minber needs to do more fanservice for us all, so I agree whole-heartedly. Is there a petition for us to sign somewhere requesting this? lol

@TwistedIllusions ~ Minho indeed is a doll.. I want one... the size of my palm... to put in my pocket lol :) Hope you are enjoying the updates!