chap 9

Summer Ghost Boy

 

“Jisun ah..” Jungmin knocks Jisun’s door. But Jisun kept concentrating on her works rather than answering her brother. “Here’s your dinner.” Jungmin opened the door with the key he just found.

                Jisun looked behind, not expecting Jungmin would be able to open the door. “How did you?” She didn’t asked more when she saw the key is hanging on Jungmin’s finger.

                “Hey.. you’re really sure you don’t want to help that ghost boy?” Jungmin asked her.

                The question made Jisun’s expression tensed. “I don’t want to remember anything. My summer plan is all messed up because of him.”

                “Well.. don’t you feel, at least sorry to Hyungjun?”

                Jisun looked at him. “What’s with him?”

                “He fainted at the library yesterday. Kyujong told me. I think they’re investigating the mystery on their own coz of this one girl who used to be the medium person to the ghost boy refused to help him anymore.” Jungmin said, then he waited for her to answer.

                Jisun was surprised to hear that. “He fainted?” Jungmin nodded. Then he told her about Yesun, the librarian girl whom Hyungjun thinks something mysterious is being hidden by her.

                Jungmin continued, “Hey, I think there’s a reason he needs your help. Who knows you can save someone’s life?”

                Stressed, guilty and many more mixed feelings in Jisun’s head starts to disturb her attention towards her homeworks. Then she took the food tray Jungmin brought in. “Okay, you can go now. I’ll put this back myself later. Night!” She pushed her brother outside and closed the door.

                But she’s not going to eat it yet. She put the tray down, and looked around her room. “Okay mister ghost boy who has been making my summer holiday miserable. Come out now. I know you’re here.”

                But the room is still quiet. Only sound from the air-con is heard. She looked behind if he’s secretly hiding, but he’s nowhere to be found. “Hey! I said come out!” But still, nothing happened.

                “Ah.. now that you’ve caused my friend to get hurt, and you messed up my summer plan, you’re planning on being quiet and invisible? If that’s what you really want why did you plea for my help? I’m so burdened by just thinking of your name, Heo Young Saeng!!” She raised her voice. “I’m so tired.. why is that I feel like I’m the one who caused all of this.. If only you didn’t appear..”Realized that she’s talking to nobody but herself, she stopped calling for him. She sat back on her chair. Gave up, she grabbed her pen back to continue her works.

                But then she noticed scribbles on the paper. She was sure she wasn’t the one who wrote it.

I’m sorry that I appeared.

                “Oh no..” She felt like taking back her words. And then she’s regretting for ignoring her guts that Young Saeng was actually there in her room.