The final chapter.

Summer Ghost Boy

 

“I won’t give him back.” Ghost Yesun said to them. Teary Jisun looked at her. She also can’t believe what she has heard.

                But before they could say anything, Ghost Yesun continued. “I won’t give him back. He’ll come to you. Prove to him you really need him in your live.” With that one last smile, Ghost Yesun held Jisun’s hand, and pulled her to hug her. She hugged her so tight.

                Time ticked. The clock’s short needle pointed on 10. Suddenly, Yesun’s body went lifeless as Jisun had to hold her properly to make sure Yesun didn’t fell down. Quickly, she laid her down and they checked for her breath. She’s still breathing. “She passed out, I guess.” Jisun said.

                “Yesun ah.. it’s appa.. wake up, dear.” Mr Oh took her from Jisun. Slowly, her eyes opened. The others were still guessing whether it’s Yesun, or the other Yesun.

                “Appa..” One weak voice, which gave them the biggest relief ever. It’s Yesun, finally she’s able to live on the 49th day’s 10 pm. She hugged her dad. “Appa.. I really thought I won’t see you..”

                Happy to see the father and daughter reunited after all the truth revealed and believed, Jisun still held onto the last hope. Without saying anything, she walked away from the place they’re all standing.

                “Jisun ah, where are you going?” Jungmin called for her. But, she didn’t respond. She kept walking towards this one last place. The bookshelf for old books.

               With anticipation, she approached the place. Though her hearts were pounding so hard, she kept stepping forward. There were negative and positive possibilities playing in her mind. She can never imagine how’d she react, but she’s taking the risk. That’s the only way to determine. She closed her eyes, and finally walked into the section. In her heart, there’s only one thing she hoped for.

                Slowly, she opened her eyes. Together with the last hope she was holding on. Her eyes got wider upon seeing what was in front of her. There’s Young Saeng, lying unconscious on the floor, like the last time she saw in her vision. Only this time, he didn’t look invisible. He’s breathing.

                She walked towards him, and touched his flawless cheek. It’s warm, and real. Too happy, she cried again. “Finally.. I found you.. senior.. I found you..” Tears of happiness fell on him. Not so long after that, the others found her, and were also surprised to see Young Saeng there.

                “Oh.. Young Saeng hyung.. is here! Hyung!” Hyung Jun approached Jisun and Young Saeng.

                “He passed out too.” Hyun Jong said. But since they’re already noisy there, Young Saeng opened his eyes. He looked exhausted, but still smiling. "Hey you're okay now? Can you walk?" Hyun Joong asked him.

                "i'm fine... you can see me clearly now, don't you..?" Young Saeng replied. Then he looked at Jisun. “You found me.. finally..” He lift his hand, and touched Jisun’s wet face.

                “Yah.. you’re too weak now. Save your energy, stop talking.” Slowly, Jungmin helped to lift Young Saeng up and put him on Hyun Joong’s back. “Let’s take him home. He’s been waiting for us for a long time.” Hyun Joong said.

                “Ah.. I’m heavy..” Young Saeng said as Jungmin chained his hands on Hyun Joong’s neck.

                “Stop talking, Hyung. Or we’ll just drag you on the road..” Jokingly, Kyu Jong said to him. “Where are we taking him?” Kyu Jong asked.

                “It’s summer holiday, let’s have a sleepover at Jungmin’s house. We haven’t started any activities yet with Young Saeng hyung. Hyung you can explain everything later.. Let's go!!” Hyung Jun said out his suggestion.

                “Why my house?” Jisun asked. That sudden suggestion really confused her. 

                Hyung Jun smiled. “Your house is the biggest. And we missed Young Saeng hyung so much that we can’t wait to spend our holiday with him. Don’t you too?” That’s the most childish reason ever. But for the childish maknae Hyung Jun, there’s nothing odd. He eyed Jisun, who blushed.

                “So, that’s why your bag was so heavy?” Kyu Jong patted his bag.

                “Haha.. now you know I can predict stuffs correctly.” Then, together with Yesun and Mr Oh, they left the library and went home. 

 

***

A few days later.. the summer break ended. Students went to school like usual. Although to others, that summer break would be just like their usual breaks, it's different for Jisun. From this one special summer break, she experienced some terrific and yet sweet things she'd never imagine before. A tougher friendship, precious trust and..a sweet confession. That's the most special out of it. The six of them were also getting along well with Yesun, the librarian after those summer break ended. 

     She was sitting under the shady tree in front of the school. Waiting for others to clear the school compound. After it did, she turned towards the tree, and put her hands on the freshly dug soil. The place where she hid the reply letter for Young Saeng.

     "It's.. gone? Who took it? Jungmin oppa.." She clenched her fist. Only Jungmin knows about the letter. With her bare hands, she tried to dig the soil to make sure the letter was still there.

     "Hey.. what are you looking for?" A voice she really knows, came from behind. Slowly, she turned to where she heard the voice.

     "Oppa?" Young Saeng was standing in front of her, smiling sweetly upon meeting her. He searched for something in his pocket, then he handed her a handkerchief. Jisun shyly took it, and wiped off the dirt on her hands.

     "I read your letter." Young Saeng told her. That made her to give him the most shocked+embarrassed reaction ever. Fell jaw and wide-opened eyes.

     "You..you... I.. was.." Stuttering, she didn't know what else to say. Without her noticing because she was too busy to cover her blushing face, Young Saeng approached her closer. And then, he's standing close enough for Jisun to clearly see his fair skin and beautiful eyes. 

     Jisun's face got hotter. Her heart was pounding and thumping like she could hear it from outside. Felt like bursting from inside, who wouldn't when this handsome flower-faced senior was standing so close to your own face. The wind blew, giving a soothing feeling from the cold breeze that came along. But, Jisun felt like she's burning from inside. 

     Not enough with that, Young Saeng leaned forward to her. And he spreaded his arm, to hug her. Shocked with his act,  Jisun just stayed still in the hug. Then Young Saeng whispered to her ears, "Thanks.. for accepting this too-shy senior. Thanks, for understanding my feeling. And thanks, for having the same feeling as I do."

     Jisun smiled. He put her arms and patted on his back. "Learn from me, senior. Hee.." She looked at his face, and kissed him on the cheek. "I love you so much, Young Saeng oppa. Next time, tell me if you're going to disappear again.."

 

-End-

Ah.. I don't know if it's just me, but I do feel sad to finally end this story.. I don't know whether my early objective upon writing this fanfic -to give a mysterious and yet touching storyline- worked. But, I already gave my all to this. I know this still lacks a lot in certain parts, like style of writing and all. But from all the comments I got, it really helped me to improve my writing. Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who read until this line. You don't know how happy I am..^^ *bows*

After this I don't know how busy I'd be.. ah..