chap 15

Summer Ghost Boy

 

Kyujong and Hyungjun were both hiding behind the telephone booth in front of the library. After looking at the person who was on the library counter, Kyu Jong sat back, with his hands on his chest, and the terror look on his face. Hyungjun was the same, too. Because of his fair skin, he looked pale.

                “That’s.. Yesun.” Hyungjun looked at Kyujong.

                Understand that look on Hyungjun’s face, Kyu Jong nodded. “Yeah. But I was pretty sure I saw her in nuna’s bedroom this morning..”

                “So.. is that one in the library is the ghost? Or the one you saw this morning?”

                Kyu Jong pushed him. “Don’t creep me out. I was the one who carried her home last night. And she even wrote on my nuna’s bedroom wall asking for my help.”

                “But she looks just fine in there.” Hyungjun took another look to the library. And there he saw Yesun was smiling and was doing her works like usual.

                “Ah.. I’m getting crazier.. why don’t you appear now and help me, ghost boy!!” Kyujong crossed his arms, and pouting his lips.

                But then Hyungjun spotted someone wearing a blue one-piece dress across the road. “Hey that’s Heejin.” Hyungjun pointed to her. Heejin noticed Hyungjun was waving on her direction, and then she waved at him back. Hyungjun then made a hand sign, calling her to come over.

                Heejin approached them. “Hey, nice summer dress.. you look pretty in blue..” Hyungjun said to her.

                “Ah thanks. Since it’s hard for me to hear you complimenting me, so tell me now. What do you want?”

                Hyungjun pulled her to sit down together. “Shh.. hey, you see that girl in there?”

                Heejin looked at the direction Hyungjun was pointing to. “That girl? Yeah. Clearly. Why?”

                “I think she’s a two-timer. She lied to Kyujong that she was busy yesterday. Her name is Yesun.” Hyungjun told her. Kyujong heard him and was about to hit him, but Hyungjun quickly caught the fist.

                Heejin got excited. “Kyujong.. you two..?”

                Kyujong shook his head, but Hyungjun held his cheek strongly till Kyujong’s mouth was pouting like a duck, so he can speak no more. “Don’t ask so much. He’s hurt. Okay listen. Can you please help me, ask her where did she go last night? Told her you saw someone like her at a bar last night. And ask her does she need any help? Emphasize the word help, okay? ”

                “Ah.. okay okay..” She nodded to Hyungjun’s long, well-spoken request. Then she looked at Kyu Jong. “Don’t worry, I’ll help you..” Kyu Jong just shot a look on Hyungjun’s rotten smile.

                “Watch her expression and reactiong when you say the word HELP. And I’m giving a call onto your phone, so just hold your phone on your hand. Make sure you hold it so we can hear you speak with her. Don’t ever mention OUR NAME. Or she’ll lie to you. Got it?” Hyungjun added.

                “Okay, got it.” Then Heejin stood up and went towards the library.

                She went inside, and walked to the counter. She saw Yesun then she quickly greeted her. “Hey, it has been a while I didn’t come here, so I haven’t met you for a while.”

                Yesun smiled. “Ah really.. what can I help you?”

                Heejin took a deep breath. Then, naturally she put her hand which was holding her phone on the counter. “You might be feeling weird by my words just now. Well, actually.. last night I was in the bar.. don’t tell anyone coz I’m still underage!” Heejin lowered her voice. Then she continued. “Then, I thought I saw you and another man were dancing happily. I’m not being rude, but, you were in the bar last night?”

                “Um.. no.” Yesun replied.

                “Ah. Really? But I was so sure that was you. I was about to greet you. If you weren’t in the club, where were you last night?” The conversation started to sound a bit like investigating a criminal.

                Yesun looked at her with her expressionless face. “I was at home, watching my favorite drama on TV. You got any problem with that?”

                Heejin almost lost at words. Then she remembered the last thing Hyungjun asked.

                “Ah.. you’re really telling the truth? Hey.. do you need any HELP?” She increased her voice by the word ‘help’ just like Hyungjun wanted. “Well, you see.. being a couple isn’t an easy thing. So, if you want any HELP, why don’t you just tell me now? I can HELP you for sure.. so, you need any HELP?” Heejin asked her, emphasizing each ‘help’ word she blurted out. Her eyes carefully looked at Yesun’s face.

                “No. Now just go away if you’re just going to make noise in here.” Not even a blink of eye, Yesun replied to her, which sent her out of the library.

                Heejin quickly went to Kyujong and Hyungjun’s hiding place. “Hey, she is a person or what? She got no expression at all, other than smiling which is her job.”

                “No expression upon ‘help’?” Hyungjun asked her.

                “Nope.. and may I ask you Kyujong? When did you meet her? She’s weird..” Heejin said.

                “Don’t even bother for that.” Kyujong told her.

                “Ah.. alright alright.. Now, thanks a lot, Heejin. Sorry for disturbing your day.” Hyungjun thanked her.

                Heejin stood up, fixing her dress. “You’re welcome. I’ve to leave now. So, good luck on your love quest, Mr. Cold Kyujong..” Then she left.

                Then Hyungjun looked at Kyujong who’s slightly relieved that Heejin’s gone. “Hey..” Hyungjun poked him.

                “What? Didn’t you know Heejin has no idea at all about this?”

                “I know.. that’s why I asked for her help like that. Well, what do you think? From what we got today?” Hyungjun asked him. It’s afternoon already, so he’s sweating a lot that he fanned himself with his hands.

                Kyujong stared at the dusty ground. “That’s not Yesun. That’s the ghost. I think the ghost possessed her.”