chap 16

Summer Ghost Boy

 

“Ding dong~” The doorbell rang. Jungmin who was busy in the kitchen ran towards the door and opened it.

                “Ah.. you guys..” Kyu Jong, Hyunjoong and Hyungjun were looking at Jungmin intently. Because he’s wearing a pink laced apron and was holding a ladle on his right hand.

                “Yah Jungmin ah.. You’re sick or what?” Hyunjoong looked at Jungmin from head to toe.

                “What has gotten into you?” Hyungjun asked, while trying hard to contain his laugh. Hyunjoong has laughed madly already.               

                Jungmin took a look on himself. “Ah.. my parents are not at home. Nobody’s cooking for lunch. Jisun and I are going to eat each other if I didn’t cook. My tummy’s growling..”

                “Wow.. we’re hungry too..” Kyujong held his belly.

                “Hey what’s this smell?” Hyungjun sniffed. That alerted Jungmin.

                “Ah, the omelette!!” They ran to the kitchen, to see the black omelette on the frying pan. “Agh.. why don’t you come few minutes later.. I don’t know what to cook other than this..” He looked with sorrow eyes on the burnt lunch.

                “Hey.. I found spaghetti here. I’ll cook for us if you want.” Hyunjoong took out the spaghetti from the cabinet.

                “Hyung you can cook spaghetti?” Hyungjun asked him, obviously showing his grateful face coz he’s starving so much.

                “Sure! Luckily you came, hyung.. Take anything you need in the fridge..” Jungmin wore the relieved face, feeling grateful he’s not going to eat the burnt omelette. “By the way, what takes you here?”

                Kyu Jong opened his bag, and gave him the magic book. “Here. I want to show you what we got from this page.. eh?” He page seven, but the page which used to be empty, was filled with paragraphs and how-to-do. “I thought it was on the seventh page, isn’t it?”

                “Yeah.. it’s not there?” Hyunjoong asked. Hyungjun came and sat next to him.

                “Hey, go to page 5.” Hyungjun said. Kyujong flipped the two pages. And then Hyungjun snapped his finger. “I knew it! This empty page will disappear when the 49 days are finished. Means, only 5 days left for that ghost boy Young Saeng.”

                Jungmin looked at them with a blank face. “What?”

                Kyujong took the book and put it over the hot frying pan which still has the burnt omelette in it. Slowly, the weird sentence appeared again.

                “I am a sheepless young thing.. what?” Jungmin took a second look on the sentence.

                “Don’t ask. We’re completely lost at it. The ghost boy said, if we understand this sentence, we can save him. I want to give this to Jisun, maybe she’d got any hunch or vision. Coz I think she’s the most connected one with Young Saeng compared to us.” Kyujong closed the book.

                Jungmin sighed. “He can’t tell us?”

                “I don’t think he can. His life as a ghost is pretty strict, with rules to obey or it will eat him up..” Hyungjun answered him.

                “Ah.. I don’t know. Now I want to eat. Hyung.. cook faster!” Jungmin shouted at Hyunjoong who’s just started to turn the gas on.

                He eyed Jungmin who was tapping the table begging for food. “Don’t be so childish! Help me if you’re starving to death..”