chap 21

Summer Ghost Boy

 

That caught everyone’s attention. “Then, what do youthinkit is?” Jisun asked her. She also took a look at the line. “We’re really runningout of time. Only four days left.” She sighed out.

                “Considering it’s weird to have a coma after the sentence instead of a full stop, and there’s a space in between each letter. I think it’s an anagram.” Yesun told them.

                “Anagram?” Hyun Joong said out. “Why would the ghost knows how to use anagram?”

                “Well.. Kyu jong ah, you said the ghost can’t tell directly about himself, right? And he can’t tell you about what he actually wrote, isn’t it?” Yeusn asked Kyu jong.

                “Yeah..” Kyu Jong answered.

              “So.. with these days left, you need to rearrange these letters.” Yesun said, closing the book. She handed it to Jisun.

                “Wait.. you’re not going to help?” Hyung Jun said as Yesun already packed up her stuff.

                Kyu Jong took a look at his wrist-watch. “It’s 9.30 am already. Don’t you remember? She’ll be possessed at 10 am. And we can’t be around her when the ghost is in her. The ghost might find out about it.” He explained to them.

                “So.. you’re going to the library now?” Jung Min asked.

                “Yeah.. Uhm. I beg for your help. Please, find the meaning. I also have 4 days left too.” Yesun held Jisun’s hands.

                Jisun can’t help but to reassure her she’ll try her best. “I’ll try my best to help both of you.”

***

Though she used the whole day, she just can’t find out the exact arrangement of the sentence. Her room wall was full with post-it-notes sticking almost until the ceiling. It’s 11.45 pm already. With her irritating dry eyes, she’s staring at the book.

                “Can’t you please give me hints? Oh.. I’m getting crazier..” She pulled her hair, which made her looked so messy, like a real insane girl.

                “I can’t.” Suddenly a voice came behind her. Shocked, she turned to look behind. There, she saw the almost-invisible Young Saeng.

                “Ah.. it’s you.. Finally!” She raised her voice. She was a bit excited by seeing him.

                “What? Don’t scare me.. You want to scold me for suddenly appearing like this?”

                Jisun smiled. “No.. I wanted to apologize, about what I said previously.”

                Young Saeng tilt his head with his finger on his chin. “When?” He asked her.

                “The night you wrote the apologetic message on my notebook. Remember?” She was annoyed when he purposely made that gesture to make her admit she’s wrong.

                “Ah… that one. I was the one who supposed to apologize, actually. I’ve been giving so much burden for you to help me. I caused you to lost your assignments, anyway..” Young Saeng said.

                “My assignments? I finished them already. So don’t worry.” Jisun replied cheerfully.

                But Young Saeng was surprised. “What? You finished ALL of it?”

                Jisun nodded, proudly. “When I can’t sleep at night, I will do it.”

                “Wow.. you’re indeed so determined to finish them..” Young Saeng clapped for her.

                Jisun laughed. Then she looked at Young Saeng again, from head to toe. “You’re.. it’s harder now to see you. I thought you have four days more. Why you fade so much already?”

                Young Saeng took a look on his hand. “Well.. didn’t I told you? If I could touch real things, that means I’ll be using up my remaining energy. So, my figure will fade out faster.”

                Jisun remembered back the footprint on the floury floor. “That time when you made those footprints, too?” He nodded. “Why you did that? You shouldn’t be doing that!”

                Young Saeng was startled when Jisun suddenly scolded him. “Well.. I want you guys to stop you childish playing, and hurry figure out my message.”

                Jisun looked at the book, and the wall. “Look, I’m trying hard to help you two, seriously. Poor Yesun. She’s also dragged into this situation.”

                Then, the clock ticked to 12 am. It’s midnight. Which means, just 3 days left then. Jisun looked at Young Saeng. As she guessed, his figure got fader. That actually saddened her. “Your figure..”

                Young Saeng smiled. “I’m disappearing. I wonder if I’ll be able to live after these days finished.” Then, he disappeared.

                Jisun was looking at where Young Saeng just stood. There’s nobody there. She held the book firmly. “I’ll help you. Don’t worry..”